• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 Days or TWEWY?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which did you like more?

• TWEWY

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • 358/2 Days

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • Unsure but Leaning towards TWEWY

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Unsure but Leaning towards Days

Votes: 13 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
i like twewy, dont get me wrong, but i love days
AND IT DOESN'T DESTROY YOUR TOUCH SCREEN!
so im not alone in this? dude, i can hardly see my bottom screen anymore unless i play in the dark(which i do)

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The games were completely different and catered to different "feels". TWEWY was modern day and had a somewhat hopeful tone to it despite it all. It was a growing experience for disturbed teens that kick ass, not Roxas's descent into madness and all around tear jerking (though TWEWY had its share of that too).

I actually lean towards TWEWY as far as what I liked better goes. It didn't depress me half as much, didn't have so many useless, pointless missions, and made my thumbs hurt a lot less.
Don't get me wrong, I love Days to hell and back and am glad I bought a DS even if I had no other game to play on it - I'm that much of a KHtard still. TWEWY was something else though, and didn't wanna make me go /wrist.
Though I wonder if I'd have liked it half as much if I wouldn't have bought screen protectors beforehand.

A

Azrael

Get both.

TWEWY has the better storyline but Days is well known. More so.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Get both.

TWEWY has the better storyline but Days is well known. More so.

I think Days' value as far as plot goes can only be assessed
1) after you read the extra reports XD *has yet to do so*
2) once we get to like KH3. Only then will we see how it all ties together.
Right now I agree. But Days was more amazing as it got me more attached to the characters on a far more traumatic level.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I think Days' value as far as plot goes can only be assessed
1) after you read the extra reports XD *has yet to do so*

The exact same applies to TWEWY as well.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Not quite. TWEWY has a lot of stand-alone plot to itself as far as Neku, Shiki and the rest of them are concerned. The reports shed light mostly on Mr. H and Joshua.
You can play the game without reading them and be somewhat fine.

If you don't read the secret reports in Days, you're missing out on quite a lot of info that affects the series as a whole.

Why am I mentioned in your signature? ._.;

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The reports shed light mostly on Mr. H and Joshua.

And the metaphysics and multi-planar politics that really highlight the depth of the world that was developed but not necessarily shown.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
For now, I recommend The World Ends with You, as I loved it from beginning to end. Okay, some of the characters in TWEWY are a bit pretentious, but some are unique and far more excellent than the characters you find in Days.

I agree with Deneuve on Days. Even I don't have to complete it to find out it's just trying to 'advance the plot' by forcing you through missions. Some are relevant, a fair few are irrelevant for what is considered 'important mission'. And the writing is just nearly as poor as 'Nojima's writing' from KHII. Let's face it, even Wantabee lost his touch as far as I'm concerned.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You'll be happy to hear then Watanabe didn't write scenarios for this. The person who wrote the novels and Nomura himself teamed up for it.
I fail to see the bad writing though. The characters and interactions were something I wish was in the other KH games as well.

State

Awards
i liked more TWEWY. the most i liked about it were some of the awesome characters (miyamimoto, joshua, kitaniyi, etc.) and the soundtrack it had, like the "amnesia" theme.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
You'll be happy to hear then Watanabe didn't write scenarios for this.

Does Wantabee actually even touch the series anymore? Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

The person who wrote the novels and Nomura himself teamed up for it.

Oh right, so I'm guessing Wantabee is exempted, I guess.

I fail to see the bad writing though. The characters and interactions were something I wish was in the other KH games as well.

Some stuck out for me, but I guess since I've been playing other RPGs, I just cannot stand KH's script sometimes. The characters and interaction, it's debatable. I'm just more annoyed at Xion, who at this rate, I'll consider to be just as worse, or more worse than Kairi. She's hogs the spotlight and isn't genuinely needed. She's just a plot device for me.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Does Wantabee actually even touch the series anymore? Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

He's working on BBs.

Some stuck out for me, but I guess since I've been playing other RPGs, I just cannot stand KH's script sometimes. The characters and interaction, it's debatable. I'm just more annoyed at Xion, who at this rate, I'll consider to be just as worse, or more worse than Kairi. She's hogs the spotlight and isn't genuinely needed. She's just a plot device for me.

It's true she's the game's plot device, but I just adore her character regardless. She's Kairi anti-thesis in more than one way, her being a part of a for-the-most-part functioning threesome being one of the obvious differences. I prefer a good character that isn't needed over one that's needed but could've just as easily been replaced by almost anyone else since her own personality matters not.
And for someone that "hogs the spotlight" there certainly is quite a bit to her we didn't get to see that we should've :\

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
He's working on BBs.

Well, that explains it. But I'm going to be very cynical about BBS, after I was very disappointed about Days.
It's true she's the game's plot device, but I just adore her character regardless.

Eh, her character is a good change, but she isn't a stand-out for me.

She's Kairi anti-thesis in more than one way, her being a part of a for-the-most-part functioning threesome being one of the obvious differences.

I have no objection to that. Really, I don't.

I prefer a good character that isn't needed over one that's needed but could've just as easily been replaced by almost anyone else since her own personality matters not.

Yes, the character matter more than the plot itself. And yes, she DOES work in a trio of friends, but for a game that is suppose to revolve around the Organization, they aren't exactly that developed for me. Instead, it was about Xion and having to worry about self-contained elements being connected to Birth by Sleep.

I don't know, maybe I just hate the character herself as well as 'retcon'.

And for someone that "hogs the spotlight" there certainly is quite a bit to her we didn't get to see that we should've :\

True, the trailer did depict her too much, giving an illusion that she appears a lot in the game. But she appear far too much for me and when it didn't, it seems to revolve around 'her'.

Urgh, I'm struggling to complete Days in English now. I've had lots of problem with the Japanese version that it just destroyed my enjoyment for the english release. I rather just play 'Dissidia' or have a crack at my old collection than try to get into Days.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yes, the character matter more than the plot itself. And yes, she DOES work in a trio of friends, but for a game that is suppose to revolve around the Organization, they aren't exactly that developed for me. Instead, it was about Xion and having to worry about self-contained elements being connected to Birth by Sleep.

I don't know, maybe I just hate the character herself as well as 'retcon'.

The game wasn't about the Organization as much as why Roxas left it. To which we got a pretty good look where all that mattered was Xion and Axel with the rest of the Org being overall bastardish to him :\

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards

There honestly is no real plot in Days. It's all character development of Roxas and Axel. To complain about the rest of the Organization not being developed is to be ignorant as to the entire purpose of the game. None of them matter whatsoever to the game aside from Saix. Xigbar doesn't even really matter to the overall story of the game, honestly. Xemnas barely appears in it and honestly isn't really that important either. It's supposed to be about Roxas and Axel and why they are friends. Xion just gave the game a plot to follow so that it wasn't literally "Mission -> Ice Cream -> Mission -> Ice Cream -> Day 358 -> Roxas saying "BYE GUYS!" -> End"

And Xion's self-contained elements are connected to Birth By Sleep? Really? I fail to see this connection outside of that one scene towards the end. Everything about Xion is contained within Days. There are no secrets left about her at the end, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back