• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 days... meaning?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papou

I don't understand why they didn't just have Roxas merge with Sora at the end of the prologue. I went through the whole game thinking that that's what had happened. I thought that when he said "Looks like my summer vacation's... over" that he was accepting his existence as a part of Sora. But then we see him later in TWTNW, which totally cheapens the really sad moment at the end of the prologue. Then I was sure he had accepted his existence as a part of Sora when he said "You make a good other". But no, then he reappears again at the end of the game, and now he gets a happy ending. Which totally cheapens Roxas's entire story that was much better when it was sad.

Anyway, I think that the 358 is definitely the number of days Roxas spent in the Orginazation.

But there's something I don't understand something about Sora's sleep. We only see his memories repairing during the seven days we follow Roxas. Shouldn't it have started out at like 95% on the first day of following Roxas? Instead we see it go from 17% to 100% in 7 days. Well what was Namine doing for the other 300+ days?

AeroKeyblade

When using the Pythagorean Theorem, the fancy name of the math equation that deals with triangles (C[Squared] = A[Squared] + B[Squared]), one must square root C[Squared] in order to get rid of the [Squared]... And now I'm just rambling on about nothing. >___________>;;;

Edit: If no one picks up on the Pythagorean Theorem theory then you all fail. I'll be kind and explain.. You have a triangle, that can consist of three KH characters, and you eventually have to square root them in order to get rid of the square. >_______>;;; -fails at explaining his ideas/theories-

That kinda makes sense in a way... I am gonna explain how i see it thanks to you.
Let's put Roxas as A and Namine/Xion as B. [Squared it pretty much having to of the same thing right? Kinda like Nobodies and Somebodies.

So if roxas has to find his square root (sora) than he just becomes A (or Sora). So if Roxas and Namine/Xion find kairi and sora they become whole. But it is still kinda blank. After doing what I did i am left with; C = Sora + Kairi....but what is C? Riku? ... UGH! IDK! -brain hurts-

HeartlesGuardian

While 358 is most likely to do with Roxas' life in the Org, whether in the Org, or being alive, or whatever the formula is. We don't know how long HB --> CO took in time, so we can't make 100% decisions on that.

I think the 2 part refers to Roxas and Riku though. I somehow relate 358/2 Days to CoM, and the one thing in CoM was the Reverse/Rebirth segment. I think that we'll get Roxas' story, and then Riku's, hence the over 2 part. Its 358 days of gameplay, in 2 different stories

And for those who think its Xion over Riku, we are going to see ALOT of Xion in Roxas's story, and from the clips we've seen, Riku and Xion have alot of scenes together as well. Plus Riku is a character that has been around since the start, and by the looks of it, Xion is going to be a one-game character, hence why I think a second story would be Riku's and not Xion's.

Happy Chap

But there's something I don't understand something about Sora's sleep. We only see his memories repairing during the seven days we follow Roxas. Shouldn't it have started out at like 95% on the first day of following Roxas? Instead we see it go from 17% to 100% in 7 days. Well what was Namine doing for the other 300+ days?
Notice the computer voice that says 'restoration at 17%'? I think the shows a connection to a computer, and roxas only spent 7 days in the virtual twighlight town, so it'd be indicating his progress in merging with sora. I think.

roxasisamazing

But you can call me RIA
In Sora's basement playing ping pong with Roxas
I know that
358 days is the time sora was asleep
and 2 could mean it is divided by (sora and roxas)

My thoughts...

I always thought that Sora was asleep a little longer than a year

I agree about the two halves of Sora is right
but isn't the game confirmed to be three five eight not three hundred and sixty-five?

Last edited:

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
I always thought that Sora was asleep a little longer than a year
buri
He was sleep a year.
I agree about the two halves of Sora is right
Yay!!!
but isn't the game confirmed to be three five eight not three hundred and sixty-five?
Sora was asleep for 365 days but roxas was captured by riku and put in Virtual Twlight Town on soras 358 day then in KH 2 you play as roxas for 7 days so......
358 (KH 358/2 days)
+
7 (KH 2)
~~~~~~~
365 days (A year)

Key of Valor

The Professor
Didn't Nomura say the title would only be understood after
playing the game? So unless he under-estimated the audience,
it wouldn't be as simple as '3'5'8 being the days Sora was
asleep, and the over two representing two halves of Sora.

I suspect the title has something to do with a three player
card game called 'three,five,eight'... sounds like an odd
idea but it might be involved somehow...

TeeCee1010

I guess i'm quoting myself.

The title, "358/2 Days", is a code that Nomura has stated the player will understand the meaning of at the very end of the game, and the word "day" is attached to the title as a reference to the daily life of Organization XIII.

I'll give you another one too, since not many people seem to trust wikipedia.

First of all, please tell us the meaning of the title 358/2 Days.
Tetsuya Nomura: The title was done on purpose as a code, you can only understand it after beating the game. The word Day, is attached and the progress of the game is to show how the Organization came to be, as well as the daily life of the Organization XIII. They are always faced with the duty from a place, and then have to return. The game will focus around Roxas, who is a member of the Organization. It will be an adventure game, repetition is also one of the concepts of the game.

Which means, "days" & "358/2" are quite unrelated.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Which means, "days" & "358/2" are quite unrelated.

I agree completely. It is most likely that days and the numbers are not related. I imagine it would be
like calling the game 'Kingdom Hearts: Organization' and then adding the word days to emphasize the
progression of the story in days and how the other part of the title is a main theme that applies to the
time the game takes place, such as 'Kingdom Hearts: Organization Days'...

KingdomHeartz93

Yeah, but I just came with an idea (has lots of holes, but I think its close to this):

3 (AtW, Namine, Mickey)
5 (all CO org. members)
8 (present members)
vs.
2 (Xion and Riku)

kinda extreme
but at least ur thinkin bout it

anyways i always thought it was like the 358 days Roxas was in O13
played over two days

i also thought that it was interesting how

1 year = 356 days
+ 7 would equal 358...
sumthin to do with his last week?
358/2???

or mayb the last two days of him being in O13 are major

OR day 179 is just important

w/e
thats all i got

Last edited:

ogichi/ichigo

Okay, I've heard alot of stuff, but this is the closest one for me.
365 days in a year minus 7 for the days he was in KH2 equals 358.
Over the lives of 2 people, Sora and Roxas.
358/2 days. So unless it was a leap year, I think I'm right:lol:

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
1 year = 365 days.
+ 7 would be 372.
Wha? 358 + 7 = 365...
facepalm.jpg

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
1 year = 365 days.
+ 7 would be 372.

Okay, I've heard alot of stuff, but this is the closest one for me.
365 days in a year minus 7 for the days he was in KH2 equals 358.
Over the lives of 2 people, Sora and Roxas.
358/2 days. So unless it was a leap year, I think I'm right:lol:

War_Leo

forgive me, i forgot the lattitude and longitude.
When I first said the title aloud (once I learned how to say it right) I thought maybe it was 358 days over the bond of 2 people, like Roxas and Xion maybe? Then I put some thought into it and realized that there were 7 days that you play as Roxas in KH2 and 358 days (possibly) in the new DS title which would add up to a year. Maybe its exploring the bond between Sora and Roxas and what happens to a Nobody at the time of their creation. It's VERY likely at the end of the game it will put Roxas in Twilight Town and have it end where KH2 picks up. I don't know, I'm rambling again..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back