• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► 358/2 Days Cutscene Runtime in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + Rearranged Music!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

According to gamenohanashi, the cutscene theater of KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX will run for 2 hours and 50 minutes! The music tracks for 358/2 Days have also been rearranged and replaced with live instruments, all supervised by series composer Yoko Shimomura. This will definitely be a treat for fans to listen to as they watch the updated cutscenes when the game releases March 14th 2013 in Japan. All of this information is featured in this week's issue of Famitsu.

Update: Thanks to hokanko-alt and translations by the amazing Zephy, we now have more information on KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days HD Theater including staff comments!

Masaru Oka
358/2 Days cutscene director
The main story has been made into footage, in which there are about 100 cutscenes. Now that we've added voice recordings, we're able to express a range of emotions that were difficult to convey only in text. It makes me want to sit down and just watch it because it's about 2 hours and 50 minutes long in total. I didn't think I would be involved with the series for so long. I want to make a Kingdom Hearts game that is loved by fans for the future and even in the next 10 years.

Yuki Hirose
Sound Design
The real time portion of Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories corresponds to 5.1ch surround sound and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days added voice recordings. A variety of songs are replaced with live instruments and rearranged under Yoko Shimomura's supervision. I want you to expect that the music has been renewed.

Update 2: The lovely goldpanner has tranlasted the full hokanko-alt report!

KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX: 358/2 Days Info Released, Trophy Support Element For Even the Video Volume

This introduces some points regarding Days being reworked into the Video Volume. There are also statements regarding the sound work of the entire product.

358/2 Days: Changes from the Original Version
~Cutscenes now high resolution
~Voicing recorded for previously non-voiced scenes
~Able to enjoy specific scenes through chapter select
~"Roxas' Diary" open from the beginning
~"Secret Reports" can be browsed after viewing the videos
~Additional "Character Index" in which you are able to view commentary on the characters
~Obtain a custom PS3 theme after viewing all content
~Trophy support (acquired through viewing content)

In addition to this, there are a great number of screenshots appearing with the article.

Staff Comments:

~From a comment by 358/2 Days cutscene director Masaru Oka: We created about 100 new scenes in order to be able to get the main story across in video only. We also added voicing, so you will be able to enjoy the subtle expression of emotion that is difficult to convey with text only. Get comfortable before you watch it because in entirety it is two hours and fifty minutes long. I didn't think that I would be working on the series for this long, but I'd like to go on creating Kingdom Hearts that the fans will love for the next ten years and on into the future. 
~From a comment by sound designer Yuki Hirose: We gave 5.1ch sound support to the real-time sections of KH and ReCoM, and recorded additional voicing for Days. On the music front, under the supervision of Yoko Shimomura, various tracks have been rearranged and replaced with live instruments. Please look forward to the sound born anew.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't have 2 hours and 50 minutes until the end of November D:
It better all be worth it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Two and a half hours is a fantastic run time. I really hope the story is more cohesive and overall a better experience this way. :3

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Words cannot express how excited i am for this. In spite of the crappy gameplay, 358 2 days had the best story in the series, as it was entirely character based. Its going to be like watching a kh movie.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Here are the translations of the staff comments.

Staff Comments said:
Masaru Oka
358/2 Days cutscene director
The main story has been made into footage, in which there are about 100 cutscenes. Now that we've added voice recordings, we're able to express a range of emotions that were difficult to convey only in text. It makes me want to sit down and just watch it because it's about 2 hours and 50 minutes long in total. I didn't think I would be involved with the series for so long. I want to make a Kingdom Hearts game that is loved by fans for the future and even in the next 10 years.

Yuki Hirose
Sound Design
The real time portion of Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories corresponds to 5.1ch surround sound and Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days was added a voice recording. A variety of songs are replaced with live instruments and rearranged under Yoko Shimomura's supervision. I want you to expect that the music has been renewed.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Since it's been mentioned that it has about 100 cutscenes, I hope that they make it into something akin to MGS3's theater mode where you can choose to see any individual cutscene whenever you want.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Is Yuki Hirose saying that some soundtracks will be remade in KHI and CoM too, or just days? I hope it's both, the music is now what I'm most excited about (and to finally be able to play Re:CoM)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Since it's been mentioned that it has about 100 cutscenes, I hope that they make it into something akin to MGS3's theater mode where you can choose to see any individual cutscene whenever you want.

Yes, this has been confirmed that they are separate cutscenes.

Is Yuki Hirose saying that some soundtracks will be remade in KHI and CoM too, or just days? I hope it's both, the music is now what I'm most excited about (and to finally be able to play Re:CoM)

These comments were specifically on Days I believe, but idk.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Zephyr and Ethy got most of the details, but this is the whole hokanko(alt) article if you're interested :3

------

Please credit hokanko(alt) for the original report, and either KH13 or me for the translations!

KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX: 358/2 Days Info Released, Trophy Support Element For Even the Video Volume

This introduces some points regarding Days being reworked into the Video Volume. There are also statements regarding the sound work of the entire product.

358/2 Days: Changes from the Original Version
~Cutscenes now high resolution
~Voicing recorded for previously non-voiced scenes
~Able to enjoy specific scenes through chapter select
~"Roxas' Diary" open from the beginning
~"Secret Reports" can be browsed after viewing the videos
~Additional "Character Index" in which you are able to view commentary on the characters
~Obtain a custom PS3 theme after viewing all content
~Trophy support (acquired through viewing content)

In addition to this, there are a great number of screenshots appearing with the article.

Staff Comments:

~From a comment by 358/2 Days cutscene director Masaru Oka: We created about 100 new scenes in order to be able to get the main story across in video only. We also added voicing, so you will be able to enjoy the subtle expression of emotion that is difficult to convey with text only. Get comfortable before you watch it because in entirety it is two hours and fifty minutes long. I didn't think that I would be working on the series for this long, but I'd like to go on creating Kingdom Hearts that the fans will love for the next ten years and on into the future.
~From a comment by sound designer Yuki Hirose: We gave 5.1ch sound support to the real-time sections of KH and ReCoM, and recorded additional voicing for Days. On the music front, under the supervision of Yoko Shimomura, various tracks have been rearranged and replaced with live instruments. Please look forward to the sound born anew.

edit:

I'm so excited. ;A; They may make me like Days yet.

You've opened your heart to the darkness...

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
2H 50min nice. Sounds like a it'll be a proper movie.
I wonder what's meant with "Additional 'Character Index' in which you are able to view commentary on the characters"? I'm guessing it's a normal Journal entry for them, though the way they put it, it sounds like more.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thanks for all the info-dump, goldpanner. ;)

2H 50min nice. Sounds like a it'll be a proper movie.
I wonder what's meant with "Additional 'Character Index' in which you are able to view commentary on the characters"? I'm guessing it's a normal Journal entry for them, though the way they put it, it sounds like more.

2h 50 min that's almost three hours, Lord of the Rings-scale approaching, huh?

Probably the journal entries of the original Days pepped up a bit, although I would certainly not mind a detailed character index with neat info on all the characters. However this would fit better in the second HD collection when all characters are finally introduced, including all the ones from BBS and (possibly) DDD, so I'm going with the premise of it being a sort of expanded character section of the journal in Days.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Thanks for all the info-dump, goldpanner. ;)

2h 50 min that's almost three hours, Lord of the Rings-scale approaching, huh?

Probably the journal entries of the original Days pepped up a bit, although I would certainly not mind a detailed character index with neat info on all the characters. However this would fit better in the second HD collection when all characters are finally introduced, including all the ones from BBS and (possibly) DDD, so I'm going with the premise of it being a sort of expanded character section of the journal in Days.

Yeah, but i feel that much time is needed to tell the story. I kind of hope we get more scenes from Riku, Namine, DiZ and Mickey.

I'd definitely love a detailed character index for all characters in the KH 1.5 ReMix. They could then expand on them in KH 2.5 ReMix.
I doubt we'll ever learn how old the other characters are such as Axel.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
*gets popcorn for everybody and awaits the streaming* xD This is awesome! :D I'll probably be crying by the end of it lol. The story... the music... the beautiful HD.... I see there's Trophy support for the video volume. (easy xD) And a PS3 theme too?! *A* Maybe it'll be that end-game artwork of RAX on the tower? :3

captain

Bronze Member
I wonder if the cutscenes will have sort of a movie flow or if they'll be like the flashbacks in KH3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back