• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

300 Writing Prompts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
So I picked up a book recently called 300 Writing Prompts from the store Five Under. The book was five bucks, and I'm hoping to complete a prompt a day out of it (no promises though). The prompts in the actual book give me either a page or a half a page to write it within the book, and the goal is to try and use all of the space provided, no more, no less. Some are more interesting than others, but what can you expect.

I'm going to write these in the book first, then transition them here to this thread. I'm honestly interested to see some of you take a shot at these prompts as well, and you can feel free to post them right here in this thread with me. You don't have to do every single prompt if one doesn't interest you, you don't even have to do them at all if you'd rather just read, but I figured maybe the five dollars I spent on this book could become quite a bit of fun for all of us for the next 300 days or so. So let's get started.

--------------------------------

Prompt 1: What is your favorite way to spend a lazy day?

The perfect lazy day isn't a day that I think would actually be planned, but rather spontaneous. Despite that, I can easily think of a bunch of things I would love to plan out for a *ahem* lazy day.

I would start by sleeping in, then eating something easy and tasty like pizza. The pizza would be accompanied by some tv show I'm watching at the time (ex.: That '70s Show).

The meal and show would segway into playing some games, followed by some reading, followed by a nap. After the nap I would talk with someone on the phone while I prepared my next meal, which I would eat while I watched a show. I would then probably end my day with some games online with my friends while I stay up way too late.

Sounds pretty lazy and fantastic to me.

Hoid

Awards
Prompt One: Lazy Day
The ideal lazy day is one that involves cancelled plans, especially plans that you were supposed to carry through. There is nothing more serene than relaxing at a time where you would normally be doing something tedious, whether it be classes, work, or some other strenuous task.

In order to be a truly successful lazy day, one must not do anything productive at all. Now that you have extra free time, you should waste it all away playing games, watching TV, or reading that book for the third time. Don't you dare clean up that room! Don't you dare catch up on homework! Those degrading tasks would only serve to ruin your perfect lazy day.

If you're feeling adventurous on your lazy day, you may decide to venture into the wild, unconquered outside world (or your backyard) and relax in a hammock while the cool breeze rolls over your skin. Listen to some music, read a book, or simply drift off into the relaxation of a daytime nap. That is, until the sweltering heat and nefarious mosquitoes drive you back to the safety of the indoor world.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Prompt One: How to spend a lazy day

I would probably sleep in. Then, when I woke up, I'd go crazy thinking I was being late for work before realizing it's a free day. Afterwards, I'd calmly check my Hay Day farm, have some breakfast and check if I got any messages.
Well, and then I'd probably have fun wasting the whole day on playing games, reading or writing stories or watching videos.

And in the evening, I'd realize I could've used the day to tidy up my room and then think "yeah....next time...maybe....haha...who am I fooling."

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'll post prompt 2 tomorrow, sorry to miss only the second day but I haven't been home all and don't know when I will be.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Prompt 1: What is your favorite way to spend a lazy day?

I would sleep in because it's well deserved rest after the amount of effort I put in each day to do chores and yard work. Therefore, the house would already be clean and in good condition to lounge about in without a care in the world. I'd indulge myself by reading a novel or two in one whole sitting, perhaps playing a video game, or watching a show through HBOGO. No stressful thoughts would be allowed on this lazy day either, because it can all wait till tomorrow to be dealt with, when I'm feeling the need to be productive again. Furthermore, I'd order in for some Jets Pizza to eat with a bottle of Coke to drink - so I could eat while surfing the internet or chatting with friends through skype as I eat my supper. And if I felt like it, I'd go for a walk in the evening because, it's a good day to go for one without having anywhere to be or any tedious tasks to attend to too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back