• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

3 Re:coded scans (clear scans)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Why are you using a scan of tiny, blurry pics to back your belief that it has better graphics than Days when we already have one that proves it looks the same?

coded003.jpg

Compare with Days:
kingdom-hearts-3582-days-20090528112018074_640w.jpg

Why do the areas in the game (and 358 Days) seem so much bigger than they were in the PS2 versions? What took me 7 seconds to walk across now takes me 18... What's up with that?

If you think the side games are unneccesary now, wait til KH3 comes around (If it does while we are all still alive >_>) You'll be glad that you played those games for the whole story.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Why do the areas in the game (and 358 Days) seem so much bigger than they were in the PS2 versions? What took me 7 seconds to walk across now takes me 18... What's up with that?

...They seem the same length to me. When I would be in Twilight Town in 358/2 days it didn't feel any different than it did when being in Twilight Town in KH2 other than the graphics being in a lower quality.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Wonderland actually felt smaller to me in Days. But other than that, they felt rather similar, imo.

It's weird, but I felt that even with Haste equipped, the characters moved slower than Sora did in KH. I mean, even looking at the DI screen shots, it seems a lot more spread out and bigger than I remember...

Awards

If you think the side games are unneccesary now, wait til KH3 comes around (If it does while we are all still alive >_>) You'll be glad that you played those games for the whole story.

Relative to their original counterparts, the worlds in Days are as follows:

Agrabah: Roughly Equal. The Cave of Wonders was smaller, and the rest was pretty much the same. However, it did add some of the sand dunes/buried city outside of Agrabah that was present in KH2, which made up for the shorter Cave of Wonders, I would say.

Beast's Castle: Larger. Not by much though, only one or two extra rooms (that one that goes from the courtyard, up a spiral staircase, and then to the balcony of the ball room).

Halloween Town: Smaller. It lacked Dr. Finkelstein's Lab and Oogie's Mansion.

Olympus Coliseum: Equal. Not much to say, same old Coliseum.

The World That Never Was: Smaller. It lacks any of the rooms from Proof of Existence up (since Roxas starts out on that balcony above the area where you fight Xigbar in KH2), as well as a couple others.

Twilight Town: Smaller. It doesn't have any of the other side of town (where Sunset Hill is).

Wonderland: Smaller (technically). It did add the garden mazes, but lacked any of the perspective changes (eg going into a room sideways or upside down), so I would say it cut more than it added.

Overall, then, even with less worlds, it was pretty much still a bit smaller in each world. Not sure why you would take more time, especially once you have glide and all that jazz.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Relative to their original counterparts, the worlds in Days are as follows:

Agrabah: Roughly Equal. The Cave of Wonders was smaller, and the rest was pretty much the same. However, it did add some of the sand dunes/buried city outside of Agrabah that was present in KH2, which made up for the shorter Cave of Wonders, I would say.

Beast's Castle: Larger. Not by much though, only one or two extra rooms (that one that goes from the courtyard, up a spiral staircase, and then to the balcony of the ball room).

Halloween Town: Smaller. It lacked Dr. Finkelstein's Lab and Oogie's Mansion.

Olympus Coliseum: Equal. Not much to say, same old Coliseum.

The World That Never Was: Smaller. It lacks any of the rooms from Proof of Existence up (since Roxas starts out on that balcony above the area where you fight Xigbar in KH2), as well as a couple others.

Twilight Town: Smaller. It doesn't have any of the other side of town (where Sunset Hill is).

Wonderland: Smaller (technically). It did add the garden mazes, but lacked any of the perspective changes (eg going into a room sideways or upside down), so I would say it cut more than it added.

Overall, then, even with less worlds, it was pretty much still a bit smaller in each world. Not sure why you would take more time, especially once you have glide and all that jazz.

No I think he means bigger as in the areas actually grew in literal size. Like they drank a growing potion and became giant areas is what he means.

Which I disagree with, each area is the same width and height.

Like, even though Roxas and Sora are the same size, I think if you took screenshots of both of them in the same location, Roxas would seem smaller or something. It just had that effect on me.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
About the North American release of Birth by Sleep?

Nomura: The additional boss is tough, the staff couldn’t beat it even at level 99! (Laughs) Seeing that, we added another health bar.

- Why redevelop Coded as Re:Coded?

Nomura: At first Coded was going to support more computer terminals, but it ended up being considerably limited. It’s also an opportunity to develop Re:Coded for North America since there was no mobile phone platform to release there. In order to appeal to more players, we decided to release it on the most widespread platform, Nintendo DS. Also, another reason was that the original play style was designed to be non-analog.

- Is the story different?

Nomura: Some of lines and expressions were changed, but it’s basically the same. Since it was put together so well, Coded’s story was kept intact.

- The game looks a little different.

Nomura: Concerning the events and battles, at first the plan was just to port from the original. However, outside of the cutscenes, concerning the resolution, they’ve really become something new. Due to concerns over the hardware’s characteristics, it was decided the game parts would be in 3D and that the conversation scenes would be expressed in a 2D style.

- Will there be a secret movie this time?

Nomura: There is always high demand for a secret movie, so there will be one. Those who take a great interest in the story won’t want to miss it. However, usually the player chooses the level of difficulty for the game, but this time the degree can be customized freely. What kind of conditions will you need to meet in order to see the movie? Wait and see. (Laughs)

- How is the situation concerning the release date?

Nomura: We’re more than 80% done! After the announcement of Birth by Sleep, fans had to wait a very long time for the sale date, but that won’t be the case this time. The release date will be announced soon. By all means, please look forward to it!

Secret boss is strong apparently.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
He's couldn't be killed at Lv. 99, so they made him harder to kill.
Makes perfect sense.

Well it does since they want him to be the hardest boss in the game! I actually think it's awesome that they go "We can't beat this guy at level 99!" "Then make him even stronger!"

That is an epic win right there!

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I kind of think it's the other way around... That they couldn't beat it at level 99 -because- they gave him another health bar.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Well it does since they want him to be the hardest boss in the game! I actually think it's awesome that they go "We can't beat this guy at level 99!" "Then make him even stronger!"

That is an epic win right there!

That is going to be epically hard. I can't wait.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I kind of think it's the other way around... That they couldn't beat it at level 99 -because- they gave him another health bar.
Actually "the staff couldn’t beat it even at level 99! (Laughs) Seeing that(As in after we saw that we couldn't beat him at level 99), we added another health bar.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
It's a translation, don't take it so literally.
"The staff couldn't beat it at level 99, seeing that we added another bar"
make just as much, if not more sense.

EDIT: I take it back, nevermind.

Last edited:

Sacha

Website
www.ffring.com
So, if I understand correctly the combat system, you can choose three different commands to use in combat. During combat, you select one of them with the L button, and you use it with X. The A button is used for normal attacks. Can anyone confirm that ?

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
- How is the situation concerning the release date?

Nomura: We’re more than 80% done! After the announcement of Birth by Sleep, fans had to wait a very long time for the sale date, but that won’t be the case this time. The release date will be announced soon. By all means, please look forward to it!

This is good. I smell a simultaneous release worldwide since the english trailer has already been shown and it seems they are more then 90% done. Hopefully the NA release is at the same time or not far from BBS release here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back