• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do we call Norting now?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
So Xehanort is defeated. This begs a very interesting question. Who is going to be able to control/possess people that fall to the darkness and what are we gonna call that process now that Xehanort is no longer able to capitalize on it. On that note, did Dark Road explain where Xehanort learned to do that in the first place

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I guess just "Darkness possession" or something. It's not as catchy as "norting" but let's be real, norting didn't do anything and had no real influence on anyone besides Terra and to a extent Riku and those were full possessions unlike putting a piece of his heart in someone, as it did nothing. I guess it'll be similar to what happened with Aqua? She wasn't norted but became dark.

I bet Luxu is the next body snatcher to succeed Xehanort. He already has a body count so something related to him maybe?

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Honestly it's probably still gonna be called norting since its the phrase everyone is used to at this point, haha.

It's sort of like how everyone calls tissues Kleenex, its become darkness possession's brand

D

Deleted member 246005

So Xehanort is defeated. This begs a very interesting question. Who is going to be able to control/possess people that fall to the darkness and what are we gonna call that process now that Xehanort is no longer able to capitalize on it. On that note, did Dark Road explain where Xehanort learned to do that in the first place
Possessed works

Chie

Awards
"Norting" isn't even a thing. We don't need to call it something else because it isn't something that actually existed in the first place.

Chie

Awards
Yes, a common term for something that doesn't really happen in the games.

TheZX

Awards
Wasn't it just called norting because of Aqua?
It was because of Terra being taken oven by Xehanort and Braig turning to the darkness. Especially in the scene where he says he's already half Xehanort.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The usage of Norting doesn't (or shouldn't) indicate possession or controlling in the same way it did for Terra-Xehanort.

As we saw in KHIII, all it really meant that there was a splintering of his heart, resulting in the signifier - their eyes changing color. And those fractured pieces of him were enough that, despite their seeming autonomy, when the Thirteen Darknesses fought the Seven Lights, Kingdom Hearts did in fact appear. So, Norting produced his desired result in that regard.

Chie

Awards
Yup, and fans had assumed that these characters were all going to share Xehanort's personality in the game. (I think they would have been overwritten by him if he had brought them into Scala, but it didn't happen.) Hence a big deal was made on Twitter out of "norting" when a new trailer would release, and this spread even outside of the fandom, but in the end, it didn't really factor into the game.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
yxretktlbp271.jpg

I propose "Becoming That Geezer's Heart Tank."

vaderskywalker

Awards
I guess it'll be similar to what happened with Aqua? She wasn't norted but became dark.
I'm still on the fence about this, she had the traits of being norted, and it was caused by Xehanort's heartless, it definitely looked like he put a piece of his heart in her when he blasted her away.

Back