• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did it have to be only keyblade wielders to fill the slots for the Guardians of light? (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Xehanort wasn't wasn't using keyblade weilders, so I don't see why they had to use Kairi and Lea, or at least why he had to be given a keyblade, he had his chakrams already, why give him a sword type weapon he has never even practiced with, and Donald or Goofy or both could also have filled the slots, better then Kairi at least, and Yen Sid did count Donald and Goofy as nine Guadians, so what gives?, Note: KH3 to me is the best game in the series so far, but that doesn't mean I haven't found problems with the story, or the endgame at least, what are your thoughts?

AegisXIII

Awards
They could have gone for the seven princesses. So the Keyblade Wielders are just guardian of these lights. I see it this way: the keyblade is a weapon of light. Only a strong light can have a keyblade, so axing someone who doesn't have a keyblade wouldn't have any effect. There is this distinction between strong light and pure light. Both would work.
Why Donald and Goofy do not count however is a bit sad. They are great guardians.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I think Sora put it best when he went after Riku and Mickey in the Realm of Darkness: they’re the backup. If something happened to them, who’d protect the Realm of Light in their stead?
Plus, they helped Yen Sid keep the shadows at bay while Sora and the others fought the Organization.

vaderskywalker

Awards
They could have gone for the seven princesses. So the Keyblade Wielders are just guardian of these lights. I see it this way: the keyblade is a weapon of light. Only a strong light can have a keyblade, so axing someone who doesn't have a keyblade wouldn't have any effect. There is this distinction between strong light and pure light. Both would work.
Why Donald and Goofy do not count however is a bit sad. They are great guardians.
Again, Xehanort's side only had a keyblade weilder or two, so why does it do it for them when they get struck down? and you're telling me DONALD and GOOFY, two of the most lighthearted characters in the series wouldn't have worked just because they didn't have a keyblade?

vaderskywalker

Awards
I think Sora put it best when he went after Riku and Mickey in the Realm of Darkness: they’re the backup. If something happened to them, who’d protect the Realm of Light in their stead?
Plus, they helped Yen Sid keep the shadows at bay while Sora and the others fought the Organization.
And that's kind of my point, they would have been a better option than a newbie, Kairi shouldn't have gotten struck down, if Somone more experienced had gone instead they probably wouldn't have gotten struck down.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Because nobody without a Keyblade is worth using or giving attention to according to Nomura. Maleficent should've been one of the Darknesses as well.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Because nobody without a Keyblade is worth using or giving attention to according to Nomura. Maleficent should've been one of the Darknesses as well.
once again, no one in the organization, except for YX and MX, were using a keyblade.

D

Deleted member 246005

Xehanort wasn't wasn't using keyblade weilders, so I don't see why they had to use Kairi and Lea, or at least why he had to be given a keyblade, he had his chakrams already, why give him a sword type weapon he has never even practiced with, and Donald or Goofy or both could also have filled the slots, better then Kairi at least, and Yen Sid did count Donald and Goofy as nine Guadians, so what gives?, Note: KH3 to me is the best game in the series so far, but that doesn't mean I haven't found problems with the story, or the endgame at least, what are your thoughts?
Nomura wanted to build up the keyblade so he developed more lore for them. That's really it and it's similar to how Saiyans from DBZ, soul Reapers in Bleach, Stands in JoJo's bizarre adventure etc. Marvel and DC do it too.

I preffered how the Organization fights so I would've given the other characters more diverse weapons than a keyblade. But I don't mind the focus on them, I just wished it was better handled.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Nomura wanted to build up the keyblade so he developed more lore for them. That's really it and it's similar to how Saiyans from DBZ, soul Reapers in Bleach, Stands in JoJo's bizarre adventure etc. Marvel and DC do it too.
I only got the DBZ reference, and I never heard of Marvel and DC picking out certain characters for a battle, okay technically that's not true, I saw the arrowverse version of crisis on infinite earths, and they had to get (and this part is a weird coincidence) 7 paragons for the crisis.

Last edited:

Chie

Awards
It probably didn't have to be, at all. Enough for Kingdom Hearts - or Xehanort?? it's his big fantasy - to consider it a "keyblade war", maybe. But the light side's field commander was Yen Sid, who is an old keyblade guy who makes people take the Mark of Mastery and stuff. So he probably thought it was a good idea.

Personally I don't think went down in KH3 was truly some accurate ritual with rules, it's obvious that it isn't. Since it revolves around Xehanort, his multiple facets of self, and a warping projection of his hometown*, I think the details are Kingdom Hearts' channeling what Xehanort thinks is cool and epic.

*: Note that KH1 also ends, in proximity to Kingdom Hearts, on a non-real projection of Destiny Islands that its Xehanort is able to warp. Which is also his hometown!!!

D

Deleted member 246005

I only got the DBZ reference, and I never heard of Marvel and DC picking out certain characters for a battle, okay technically that's not true, I saw the arrowverse version of crisis on infinite earths, and they had to get (and this part is a weird coincidence) 7 paragons for the crisis.
It's more common in the comics. The TV shows and movie are very loose interpretations. I'm talking more how the legacy characters operate. There's a Batfamily, Superfamily, Spider verse etc. Those are similar to how Nomura uses keyblades.

vaderskywalker

Awards
It probably didn't have to be, at all. Enough for Kingdom Hearts - or Xehanort?? it's his big fantasy - to consider it a "keyblade war", maybe. But the light side's field commander was Yen Sid, who is an old keyblade guy who makes people take the Mark of Mastery and stuff. So he probably thought it was a good idea.

Personally I don't think went down in KH3 was truly some accurate ritual with rules, it's obvious that it isn't. Since it revolves around Xehanort, his multiple facets of self, and a warping projection of his hometown*, I think the details are Kingdom Hearts' channeling what Xehanort thinks is cool and epic.

*: Note that KH1 also ends, in proximity to Kingdom Hearts, on a non-real projection of Destiny Islands that its Xehanort is able to warp. Which is also his hometown!!!
I agree, how can it be a keyblade war if one side is keyblade weilders only, and the other side only has two? and on top of that, I thought the 7 vs 13 was supposed to lead to the recreation of the X-blade, (which it did), which would then lead to the keyblade war, because in BBS, Vanitas said, and I quote "this X-blade will open a door, one that leads to all worlds, keyblade wielders will flock here, from each and every one of them, and just the legend says, the keyblade war will begin." and then Xehanort said,"and now the keyblade war will reach it's conclusion"personally that was a big letdown, it didn't even feel like a war, more like a big battle and that was it, for the record I didn't want the war to happen, I was hoping Sora and the other Guardians could stop it before it even started, after dealing with the seekers, but no that's not what happened.

vaderskywalker

Awards
It's more common in the comics. The TV shows and movie are very loose interpretations. I'm talking more how the legacy characters operate. There's a Batfamily, Superfamily, Spider verse etc. Those are similar to how Nomura uses keyblades.
Oh, that's what you meant, I thought you meant like a justice league or avengers level threat, my bad.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
once again, no one in the organization, except for YX and MX, were using a keyblade.
Vanitas & Xion. Plus at least 3 ex-wielders & the heartlees/nobody of another.

I agree, how can it be a keyblade war if one side is keyblade weilders only, and the other side only has two? and on top of that, I thought the 7 vs 13 was supposed to lead to the recreation of the X-blade, (which it did), which would then lead to the keyblade war, because in BBS, Vanitas said, and I quote "this X-blade will open a door, one that leads to all worlds, keyblade wielders will flock here, from each and every one of them, and just the legend says, the keyblade war will begin." and then Xehanort said,"and now the keyblade war will reach it's conclusion"personally that was a big letdown, it didn't even feel like a war, more like a big battle and that was it, for the record I didn't want the war to happen, I was hoping Sora and the other Guardians could stop it before it even started, after dealing with the seekers, but no that's not what happened.
It wasn't the Keyblade War. Trust me the real war arc is still to come.

Chie

Awards
Well, to an extent we don't really know what "a keyblade war" is. MoM said about the one he was starting, "we're not starting the keyblade war, we're ending it". We still don't really know where the X-blade came from originally, the conflict in X is extremely suspicious, and all our characters (except MoMmy?) are speaking on limited information. That Vanitas quote is very interesting though, especially if he knows something more (from perhaps Darkness memories), I had quite forgotten about that.

Xehanort does describe Scala as the "nexus from which all worlds spring", so Vanitas' quote may be indeed connected to both X and 3's battles...

vaderskywalker

Awards
Vanitas & Xion. Plus at least 3 ex-wielders & the heartlees/nobody of another.
oh I forgot about those two, and Terranort, still not enough keyblade wielders.
It wasn't the Keyblade War. Trust me the real war arc is still to come.
It is, seriously? then why did Xehanort think it was? and I really don't want to see the war happen, I want to see it stopped before it can start.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Well, to an extent we don't really know what "a keyblade war" is. MoM said about the one he was starting, "we're not starting the keyblade war, we're ending it". We still don't really know where the X-blade came from originally, the conflict in X is extremely suspicious, and all our characters (except MoMmy?) are speaking on limited information. That Vanitas quote is very interesting though, especially if he knows something more (from perhaps Darkness memories), I had quite forgotten about that.

Xehanort does describe Scala as the "nexus from which all worlds spring", so Vanitas' quote may be indeed connected to both X and 3's battles...
Well, all we have to do is look at our own history and imagine it with a bunch of oversized keys, instead of guns, cannons, grenades, muskets, etc.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It is, seriously? then why did Xehanort think it was? and I really don't want to see the war happen, I want to see it stopped before it can start.
MX just wanted to recreate the circumstances in forging the X-Blade. That said, The battles could be seen as being simply the first skirmishes of the war:

This χ-blade will open a door- one that leads to all worlds! Then, Keyblade bearing warriors will flock here from each and every one of them, to battle for the light within Kingdom Hearts! And just like the legend says, the Keyblade War will begin!

Nomura talked about the Keyblade War years ago, saying it would need substantial hardware to depict. That was back in the twilight of the PS2. Now here we are on PS5, a fairly big tech jump. The Foretellers are back, there are still presumably a number of far away wielders to be summoned & there's the dream eaters that I'm sure they'll Nomurababble back into human form in due time. It seems inevitable at this point.

futurama-war.gif

I half suspect that KH4 is going to end with Sora & Riku returning to the KHverse only find that the war started & it's all gone to shit. Hard sucker punch the player ending.

vaderskywalker

Awards
MX just wanted to recreate the circumstances in forging the X-Blade. That said, The battles could be seen as being simply the first skirmishes of the war:

Nomura talked about the Keyblade War years ago, saying it would need substantial hardware to depict. That was back in the twilight of the PS2. Now here we are on PS5, a fairly big tech jump. The Foretellers are back, there are still presumably a number of far away wielders to be summoned & there's the dream eaters that I'm sure they'll Nomurababble back into human form in due time. It seems inevitable at this point.

futurama-war.gif

I half suspect that KH4 is going to end with Sora & Riku returning to the KHverse only find that the war started & it's all gone to shit. Hard sucker punch the player ending.
That would stink, and dream eaters turning back into humans is not possible, they were never human to begin with, they were chirithy's.

Last edited:

Chie

Awards
That's not true at all - not only did the chirithys fuse with the dandelions' hearts to become the dream eaters (thus the idea is releasing those hearts, perhaps saving both) but Riku also turned into a Dream Eater and back.

Personally I always saw the Keyblade War hardware thing as a point as to X's ""keyblade war"" being after the real one that would need to be depicted, but anything could happen in this new story.

Back