• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I've been having these weird thoughts lately (KH dream thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

The human mind is a very curious organ when you think about it. So many memories packed into it, and what you see in your subconscious reflects that. When you dream, you see things that you experienced when awake, friends, family and objects will show up, often as they would in real life. If you have a strong knowledge on the person/object, they'll appear very close to how they are normally. But more often than not what you see in video games can often be reflected in dreams if you play them enough. Sure enough I occasionally have dreams of the games or of me playing them.
I'll start:
This happened to me last night actually, I dreamt that I was playing KH 1 (a game that I have a very strong attachment and intimate knowledge of mind you, some of my happiest memories were derived from playing that game) and reached Halloween Town. For some reason I decided to talk to Dr. Finklestein to upgrade my keyblade (I guess my knowledge on KH 3's upgrade system wormed its way in there somehow). He refused to upgrade it, stating that I should "Ask the genie in the graveyard". When I left the lab, guillotine gate and the surrounding area were covered in sand with the "<currently closed off>" message shown in front of the gate, meaning I needed to go through the graveyard. Entering the graveyard I was led by lights on the gravestones to a secluded section of the level where I met who I thought would be Jafar (I guess KH 2's ending of Agrabah's 2nd visit wormed its way in here too as Jafar does indeed die in genie form) only for it to be a larger search ghost. Upon its defeat I level up and gain the Zanmato ability, which doubles the strength of Sora according to the ability description (and yes, it was as detailed as you remember it).

This bizarre conglomerate of the KH experience was brought to you by my inner subconscious, where everything that is supposed to make sense doesn't.
What about you, do you experience anything from KH in your dreams? do you even remember them when you wake up (For me it's 50/50, I either do or I don't).

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I had a dream last night where I was playing this new KH game that had Agrabah as the tutorial world.

I saw a chest that was already opened and I told my friends (game was multiplayer) about the chest.

Another dream I had a few days ago was Aqua fighting one of the fortellers

Rii

Awards
I had a dream last week that the original Organization 13 included some Nobody-fied Disney villains that weren’t featured in KH1’s council. Madam Mim, Cruella DeVil, and Gaston are the ones I remember most. It was pretty interesting, Beast’s Castle went pretty much the same, but with Gaston instead of Xaldin, Mim had a battle in place of Demyx, but Merlin had some words and information about her, and Cruella’s fight was in TWTNW. Even though those are the only three I remember, I’m pretty sure there were a couple more, and I thought it lowkey made the Org more interesting.

blank points

Awards
I've had many KH dreams over the years, but annoyingly I am the type that can never seem to remember them after the fact. However, there are three KH dreams I've had that I can remember most details.

The first one was back in 2017 or so, just before we heard the first major news for KH3. The dream involved a very unusual party of Sora, Kairi, and The Master of Masters fighting through a world that greatly resembled the Gnorc Harbor level from the first Spyro game. The MoM had a fighting style where he would attack with magic, and instead of running with his feet, he glided in an identical way to Magus and Guile from Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross respectively. (I was playing Chrono Trigger at the time.) The end is where things get a bit hazy, but after reaching a certain point, a cutscene played where the MoM says something along the lines of "Well kids, it's been fun. but I can't hang around, I have some business to attend to." He then rubs Sora and Kairi's heads in a similar way he does to Invi in Back Cover, leading to annoyed expressions from the two. The MoM departs, and Sora says to Kairi that Riku, Mickey, Donald and Goofy are waiting on a boat nearby, and they leave to meet with them, and that was the end.

The second happened after we got the three trailers from E3, so I was hyped from that. In this dream, SDG were fighting in an area greatly resembling a shipyard in a town near where I live, so another very random point. Here, Ienzo is posing as a maitre d in a restaurant in order to find more info about Xehanort and the Organization. As SDG fight the Heartless, giant flying sharks then appear in the sky, and the three now have to fight aerial combat to defeat them. This was by far the most random one I had, which I attributed to the Stilton Cheese I ate before bed that night, so this was essentially a KH cheese dream lol.

The third happened just after the second Re:Mind trailer was released, so I was once again hyped. In this dream, I was reading an update for the game, where it was revealed that Kevin Spacey was voicing Yozora. My reaction was "Well, it's cool they got another celebrity, but... why him of all people?" No idea where that one came from.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
In the last week or so I had 2 dreams about the 20th reveal. Details have blurred together now but between them I remember Sora & Riku being playable in what looked like an abandoned office building at night & the crocodile from Neverland appearing in a swamp.

D

Deleted member 246005

@Soldier
I dreamed about the Gullwings recently.

It was about Jak asking Invi to restore them to their original size.

They get a new dressphere called "fairy" that operates on the mini element.

I also thought about Yozora dressing like the 12th Doctor.

12 is a old man who acts like a grumpy yet insecure teenager. So I thought it fits.

These are more daydreams and a symptom of procrastination.

Does this count?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Years ago I dreamed of a tactics game with GBA CoM graphics. For whatever reason, they were multiple copies of characters like Donald or Aladdin.

Before KH2 came out I had the dream where Kairi turned evil & was now a boss. Beating Aqua to the punch there.

okhi12

Awards
It was several years ago but I remember a dream in which I was playing with Sora in a big library (similar in style to the one in the Twilight Town Mansion where the entrance to the basement is hidden) and some puzzle involving books to find an exit (obviously from KH1 Hollow Bastion). In the end Sora made his way out through a window and found out it was the Land of Departure but surrounded by a vast town.

The dream was influenced by all the Cable Town speculation and the E3 2015 trailer. Back then many fans were speculating Scala ad Caelum was a past version of the Land of Departure and my subconscious decided to make it real merging all my favorite original worlds into one.

Soldier

Awards
It was several years ago but I remember a dream in which I was playing with Sora in a big library (similar in style to the one in the Twilight Town Mansion where the entrance to the basement is hidden) and some puzzle involving books to find an exit (obviously from KH1 Hollow Bastion). In the end Sora made his way out through a window and found out it was the Land of Departure but surrounded by a vast town.

The dream was influenced by all the Cable Town speculation and the E3 2015 trailer. Back then many fans were speculating Scala ad Caelum was a past version of the Land of Departure and my subconscious decided to make it real merging all my favorite original worlds into one.
Ah, funny how the human mind fills in the blanks from what you know. Honestly sounds like a good puzzle, even though the specific location didn't end up existing in the game.

horto12485

Awards
I had this Crazy Dream about a Kingdom Hearts game where it had Worlds like
  • Atlantis the Lost Empire
  • Emperor's New Groove
  • Sword in the Stone
  • Robin Hood
  • The Princess and the Frog
  • Lilo and Stitch (Set in Hawaii)
  • Treasure Planet
  • Jungle Book
  • Moana
  • Meet the Robinsons
  • Zootopia
  • Raya and the Last Dragon
  • Wreck it Ralph
  • A Bug's Life
  • Incredibles
  • Wall-E
  • Coco
  • Soul
  • Marvel Universe (Comic Based)
  • Star Wars (Original Trilogy)
  • Agrabah/Vanishing Isle
  • Pride Lands
  • Toy Box (With the rest of Andy's Toys)
  • 100 Acre Wood
  • Mary Poppins World
  • Jungle Cruise (Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt)
And the Gameplay was better and the Story was better and Kairi taking a Bigger Role. Plus more Focus on the Wayfinder Trio and the Sea Salt Trio plus Namine

What do you guys think am i crazy or what?

HakaishinChampa

Awards
  • Emperor's New Groove
  • Sword in the Stone
  • Robin Hood
  • Treasure Planet
  • Jungle Book
  • Moana
  • Meet the Robinsons
  • Zootopia
  • Wreck it Ralph
  • A Bug's Life
  • Incredibles
  • Wall-E
  • Coco
  • Soul
  • Agrabah/Vanishing Isle
  • Pride Lands
  • 100 Acre Wood
  • Mary Poppins World
And the Gameplay was better and the Story was better and Kairi taking a Bigger Role. Plus more Focus on the Wayfinder Trio and the Sea Salt Trio plus Namine

seems awfully specific for a dream

okhi12

Awards
  • Emperor's New Groove
  • Sword in the Stone
  • Robin Hood
  • Treasure Planet
  • Jungle Book
  • Moana
  • Meet the Robinsons
  • Zootopia
  • Wreck it Ralph
  • A Bug's Life
  • Incredibles
  • Wall-E
  • Coco
  • Soul
  • Agrabah/Vanishing Isle
  • Pride Lands
  • 100 Acre Wood
  • Mary Poppins World

Nah, you're just imagining how your ideal KH game would be. I'd say it's off-topic, but dream also means wish.

Soldier

Awards
Nah, you're just imagining how your ideal KH game would be. I'd say it's off-topic, but dream also means wish.
In this situation it is something that a person could desire and wish for, and thus be something they dream of happening. I'll allow it this time, only because they mentioned the jungle book world.

Awards
My dream was Kairi wandering around in Quadratum in a cutscene introducing the world's version of the moogle shop.

The shop drove up to her after driving off a building cuz it's mobile.

The shop is Emil from Nier. Kairi is kinda confused at this skeleton head in a van thing but Emil is acting like this is completely normal.

In-game shop name is Emil's Super Shop.

It's basically his shop from Automata but with KH items.

And as the song says, his stuff is very cheap.

Also like in Automata, you can get rare items from his shop if your chances are good. Said items here being rare synthesis items that are normally dropped by late-game enemies.

Every day's a sale, every sale's a win.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
This dream is from my dream journal, I had the dream on February 26th 2021.

-Kingdom Hearts New World Announcement-
I was on the Youtube home page and I noticed that there was a new Kingdom Hearts III trailer of a new world. It said "Star Wars announcement", I clicked on the Video and it was Star Wars alright but there were all these different party members from all these different properties you could have as party members. There was Phineas & Ferb, Family Guy characters, other Fox Properties like I think Bender was a party member. There was even a South Park party member (Cartman). The trailer had like 8 party members (3 per row above sora, 2 to the side and like one by itself but on to the left)

Awards
This dream is from my dream journal, I had the dream on February 26th 2021.

-Kingdom Hearts New World Announcement-
I was on the Youtube home page and I noticed that there was a new Kingdom Hearts III trailer of a new world. It said "Star Wars announcement", I clicked on the Video and it was Star Wars alright but there were all these different party members from all these different properties you could have as party members. There was Phineas & Ferb, Family Guy characters, other Fox Properties like I think Bender was a party member. There was even a South Park party member (Cartman). The trailer had like 8 party members (3 per row above sora, 2 to the side and like one by itself but on to the left)
...was this cuz your brain noticed how many things did a Star Wars bit and decided to shove em all together

cuz i won't blame it. there's definitely a buncha those.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
...was this cuz your brain noticed how many things did a Star Wars bit and decided to shove em all together

cuz i won't blame it. there's definitely a buncha those.
My dreams usually are a bunch of random stuff thrown together. I actually don't even remember Star Wars in the trailer besides in the Youtube video title lol

but that is a funny coincidence, never thought about it like that.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Another funny dream I had, just had this last night.

I was arguing with Nomura about Skateboarding, I said that Roxas would still Skateboard - Roxas doesn't care if something isn't popular anymore.

Awards
i once dreamt that a girl, who hated me btw, waved at me and smiled. two weeks later, she saw me, waved at me and smiled lol. it was random cuz we didnt really have anything in common

Back