• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Theories about certain characters after what we learn during KHUX's ending.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bryhid|Foxinus

Awards
I've been thinking about a few key things that were mentioned during the ending of Union X which I feel could spark an interesting theory, more specifically regarding the arrival of Lauriam, Elrena and (potentially) Skuld in what we can call the "current era" of the timeline. I've searched discussions about this in the forums and found nothing, but if someone has already talked about this somewhere I'm truly sorry for having missed it.

Anyway... Basically, there are three questions we want answers for, regarding these three individuals:
A) Who the hell remembers who they were;
B) Why they were rebuilt at the locations they were shown to be at Union X/ KH3 Secret Reports;
C) Which medium was used to bring them back to the current era.

Now, I don't have a concrete answer for the third question, and to be honest nothing in particular seems striking to me about them that could be used as a medium. The second one I can offer a partial explanation, at best; as for the first one, however, I have a theory as to how they were rebuilt.

I believe that their return is a consequence of Terranort's experiments on the heart during his time as an apprentice of Ansem the Wise. My evidence for that:
  1. In KH3, while Larxene and Marluxia are reunited at the thirteen "seats" on the Keyblade Graveyard, they soon are joined by Demyx, Luxord, and most importantly, Xemnas, who mentions that all four of them will reveal their "greatest secret": the ancient Keyblade War legacy that slumbers within them. This means that Xemnas, and therefore, Xehanort, has some knowledge of who they are, albeit incomplete knowledge. Why? My reason for that comes in the next point;
  2. Before Xehanort was conducting his research on the heart, he was actually the subject for Ansem the Wise's research. Why is this important? Well, since the ending of Union X heavily implies (because it's not fully confirmed but it's pretty much assumed to be true) that Xehanort is our player's reincarnation; since the Player has the knowledge of who Skuld, Lauriam and Subject X (if, again, she's Skuld) are, and since Dark Road tells us that Xehanort has fragments of the Player's memories, I can assume that Ansem's experiments led to him being able to tap into those memories and this is how Skuld, as Subject X, was recompleted/rebuilt at Radiant Garden;
  3. The continued experimentation by Xehanort, shown in KH3's secret reports, must have had the consequence of Skuld's heart having fragments of memories from Lauriam and Elrena; however, since those memories themselves are fragmented, they were partially recompleted - without their own memories, which would explain why they have no memory whatsoever of the events of X/Unchained X/Union X. I can't seem to find a good reason as to why they reappeared where they reappeared, though; I can't trace a connection between Lauriam and Dwarf Woodlands, nor one between Elrena and Enchanted Dominion;
  4. At least one of Ansem, Seeker of Darkness and Xemnas seems to have continued their research on the heart - most likely Xemnas, again due to the KH3 scene mentioned earlier. This explains why Xemnas has some knowledge about the KHUX era, and points to Terranort's obsession with "who he was before his amnesia" being even more eventful due to his wanting to understand why he has the memories he was shown to have in Dark Road.
Some new questions arose while pondering about this, them being:
  • Ansem the Wise must have found something about the UX era while researching Xehanort's heart. How much does he know? Why hasn't he shared anything about it with us yet? As Xehanort puts it in KH3's Secret Report 3: "Ansem the Wise ceased his research into the heart, his hand stayed by some fear I cannot fathom.", so there definitely is something there.
  • If Skuld was recompleted at Radiant Garden, how did the medium used to bring her back found its way to Radiant Garden? Was something left on her lifeboat, which upon a new machine being built led to her return? Also, similar questions can be asked about Lauriam and Elrena's mediums.
  • We learned at the end of Melody of Memory that Kairi was one Terranort's subjects, sent via lifeboat to Destiny Islands. Since no one there could have remembered who she was (unless some shady shenanigans were going on with the cloaked figure remembering who she was somehow), did Xehanort perfect the lifeboat's design enough to allow a person's physical body to arrive intact at their destination? If so, that's an amazing accomplishment, something that not even the Master of Masters was able to do.
Do you think I'm right? Wrong? Have I made a mistake somewhere? Want to add something to the discussion? I'd love to hear what you guys can come up with.

okhi12

Awards
Other than Lauriam appearing in a flower field and Elrena during a storm, matching their powers, the places they ended up in seem a bit random, unless those natural elements in the environment somehow are related to the medium or memory that triggered their reconstruction, as it has been theorized before in other topics.

I don't think the Ark/Lifeboat was completed by Xehanort. I'm not ruling out the possibility, but even if he had Player's memories about it, I don't think Player knew much about how it works and the process should have taken a lot of time, with some trial and error attempts. If there was a Radiant Garden resident who had the time and was familiar enough with the lifeboat to the point of being able to fix it that was Braig/Luxu, who was also Ansem the Wise's disciple and would have no problem accessing the room that contains the machine, plus having lived several lifetimes.

That said, I'm not so sure the machine has been completed allowing for its user's body to remain intact. Kairi is a princess of heart. Her body remained intact without a heart when the darkness swallowed Destiny Islands, and she was able to restore Sora and provide him a corporeal form when his heart became a Shadow heartless even though his actual body became Roxas. Kairi's body may have survived the Lifeboat just because her powers protected her allowing for an exception to the rule.

Also, unlike the people from the X era, Kairi did not travel through time, only through the ocean between worlds, and that may have something to do with her body not being destroyed. The same thing may be applied to Ephemer who apparently only used the lifeboat as a literal lifeboat without going forward in time and remained in Daybreak Town's ruins which he rebuilt as Scala ad Caelum. The ending of Union X doesn't actually show him, only his drifting pod in the water, but either his body wasn't destroyed and he got out of his pod unharmed or was restored shortly after Daybreak's Town demise.

There's also the spell Aqua cast on Kairi's necklace, though that was useful for guiding her to someone who would protect her and is probably unrelated to anything else.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
Not sure there appearance location is random. Lauriam is in the middle of flowers, Larxene where there are lighning in the sky. Not sure there is a high symbolic there but there is something.

Bryhid|Foxinus

Awards
Not sure there appearance location is random. Lauriam is in the middle of flowers, Larxene where there are lighning in the sky. Not sure there is a high symbolic there but there is something.
I know it's not random and it does have a lot of symbolism involved in their respective locations, it's just that there are still a lot of unknowns surrounding their reappearance.
Other than Lauriam appearing in a flower field and Elrena during a storm, matching their powers, the places they ended up in seem a bit random, unless those natural elements in the environment somehow are related to the medium or memory that triggered their reconstruction, as it has been theorized before in other topics.
I find it hard to believe that it should be just the elements by themselves, nature itself as a medium would be pretty overpowered, allowing pretty much anyone who traveled to the future to be easily brought back. Such processes were only seen in more detail with Maleficent and Brain, and I hope we get further explanation in future games.
I don't think the Ark/Lifeboat was completed by Xehanort. I'm not ruling out the possibility, but even if he had Player's memories about it, I don't think Player knew much about how it works and the process should have taken a lot of time, with some trial and error attempts. If there was a Radiant Garden resident who had the time and was familiar enough with the lifeboat to the point of being able to fix it that was Braig/Luxu, who was also Ansem the Wise's disciple and would have no problem accessing the room that contains the machine, plus having lived several lifetimes.
Oh, I'm not saying that the Ark was completed because of Xehanort's knowledge about it, I'm saying that because of the Ark itself he should have started to make more sense about his past life. Also, how could I make a rookie mistake to forget to include Luxu/Braig in this... he's one of the key players in the story, after all. This makes me wonder, how was he able to build the ark without raising suspicion of his level of knowledge about such technology?
That said, I'm not so sure the machine has been completed allowing for its user's body to remain intact. Kairi is a princess of heart. Her body remained intact without a heart when the darkness swallowed Destiny Islands, and she was able to restore Sora and provide him a corporeal form when his heart became a Shadow heartless even though his actual body became Roxas. Kairi's body may have survived the Lifeboat just because her powers protected her allowing for an exception to the rule.

Also, unlike the people from the X era, Kairi did not travel through time, only through the ocean between worlds, and that may have something to do with her body not being destroyed. The same thing may be applied to Ephemer who apparently only used the lifeboat as a literal lifeboat without going forward in time and remained in Daybreak Town's ruins which he rebuilt as Scala ad Caelum. The ending of Union X doesn't actually show him, only his drifting pod in the water, but either his body wasn't destroyed and he got out of his pod unharmed or was restored shortly after Daybreak's Town demise.

There's also the spell Aqua cast on Kairi's necklace, though that was useful for guiding her to someone who would protect her and is probably unrelated to anything else.
Yeah, they do tend to bend the rules for a lot of stuff regarding the hearts of pure light. The point you made about Kairi not traveling through time, only through space, is also intriguing, due to this apparently not being the "intended use" of the pods although they can function this way.

senninichigo

Awards
Well for starters both Elrena and Lauriam are recompleted in Enchanted Dominion but the question is are they just in different spots of the world at the same time or at different times? It would be hard to make a connection to different times because whoever has the memories of them would have them of both and they should be recompleted simultaneously but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that they were recompleted at slightly different times. The biggest reason I can find for the showing up at the same world at the same time would be Strelitzia. I assume that we were shown the little white butterfly zooming around Lauriam's head in the cutscene to hint that it might be Strelitzia is some way, shape or form and it would make sense that she is the one with the memories to recomplete tham both because other than the main cast of new union leaders and the player there isn't another character we know of with memories of both of them except her. Also the "true dandelion" is implied to be either her or possibly Ava (if you don't take "Luxu's" line in KH3 secret ending at face value) in the white coat and if it was Strelitzia and that was how she was reborn for now then it would make sense for them to be there. As for their mediums I'm not sure what could've been used but we do know they don't have their memories from KHUX times so maybe it's only a partial recompletion or some other strange Nomura answer he hasn't explained to us yet. If we are basing this on your explanation of Xehanort and the experiments on his heart then maybe Ansem the wise found a way to access memories and possibly a medium through memories so that's how subject X or Skuld ended up there and if that's the case there may be something similar with Strelitzia being able to only partially recomplete Elrena and Lauriam. Either way it's a lot of speculation and not a lot of answers and I think it's intentional on Nomura's part so we'll get more answers when we find out more about recompletion and mediums(hopefully in dark road).

I also want to point out that I think the Demyx and Luxord "ancient keyblade legacy" is a slight red herring meant for the player and a lack of complete information on Xemnas/Xehanort's part. We know that Luxord's somebody is related to Yozora and probably a close part of his crew (I believe he's the one with the glasses in the Verum Rex trailer) so if he is related to keyblades it is probably less significant than his connection to Yozora and his world, but Demyx on the other hand is interesting. I believe he is the other ally in the Verum Rex trailer alongside Luxord and Yozora but it's more of his character model and abilites that are interesting.
I'm gonna go on a little tangent but it'll connect in some way so:
When fighting Yozora his weapon and abilities are able to completely take the keyblade under his control for a short period of time something we know can't happen unless you have a stronger and more worthy heart than it's user and the keyblade chooses to be by your side (Riku in KH1) and/or you have to be a chosen wielder of the keyblade (Jack sparrow in KH2). So we can assume and speculate that the power Yozora wields is similar, identical or related to how keyblades work in reality while his powers function by the rules on unreality. Now what interesting is both of his companions wield swords and powers similar to him so we can assume that they have a power, like Yozora, similar to the keyblade in reality and as powerful a character as Yozora is he still only wields one sword. But his companion who looks kinda like Demyx wields two swords with two different powers; one is blue with a type of blizzard/water/wind type element while the other one has an electrical and digital type of element. This is very interesting because assuming (lots of assuming her I know but it's KH) that their weapons work kinda like keyblade then one power to one heart, but then how or why would this person have another heart inside them. Well this person is also the only person in the trailer to have yellow eyes which we know 2 things of:
1) Yellow eyes mean you are possessed by one of the 13 darknesses or a heart that is possessed by one of the darknesses
2) The MoM and the other 6 foretellers were meant to be vessels for the darkness hence their whole purpose.
So if we assume that by the end of KHUX story that the 7 main darknesses did find their way into their hearts and they are currently possessed while we also know the MoM is not only interested in going to unreality but probably in it then if he somehow possessed Yozora's other friend and his heart (which houses a darkness) is residing inside of his then that makes sense why he is the only person to wield two swords with different powers.

So with all that being said IF Demyx's somebody is that person and IF he was possessed by the MoM who caused some sort of shenanigans in unreality then that could be the connection to the "ancient keyblade war" that xemnas was talking about and they just don't have enough knowledge of it yet just speculation. Remember Ansem SoD didn't know as much about Subject X as Ansem did (implied through their conversation in KH3) so Xehanort is probably basing a lot of this on very educated guesses than hard proof.

Anyway that's what I think on the subject. I've had this Demyx is weird theory in the works since Re:mind but the ending of KHUX and what we know about darkness and the foretellers leads me to believe this may be the case with this dude.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well for starters both Elrena and Lauriam are recompleted in Enchanted Dominion but the question is are they just in different spots of the world at the same time or at different times?
Only Elrena is in Enchanted Dominion. Lauriam is in Dwarf Woodlands.

Bryhid|Foxinus

Awards
I also want to point out that I think the Demyx and Luxord "ancient keyblade legacy" is a slight red herring meant for the player and a lack of complete information on Xemnas/Xehanort's part.
I mean... that's partially what I said up there, Xehanort operates on partial knowledge. Demyx and Luxord's involvement, on the other hand, is something I wasn't originally concerned with when posting this, but since we're going down this rabbit hole, I think that they're actually involved due to what the Master of Master says - He mentions the world of fiction, which is implied to be Quadratum, and due to all of those shenanigans involving Yozora's driver potentially being Luxord (or his somebody), the fact that he somehow left Quadratum for "reality" may imply that he comes into contact with the MoM, who only was there due to the need for the ancient Keyblade War.
We know that Luxord's somebody is related to Yozora and probably a close part of his crew (I believe he's the one with the glasses in the Verum Rex trailer) so if he is related to keyblades it is probably less significant than his connection to Yozora and his world, but Demyx on the other hand is interesting. I believe he is the other ally in the Verum Rex trailer alongside Luxord and Yozora but it's more of his character model and abilites that are interesting.
I don't think that's the case, Magia (in the trailer at least) is shown to be quite the capable warrior and not the scaredy-cat Demyx is.
So with all that being said IF Demyx's somebody is that person and IF he was possessed by the MoM who caused some sort of shenanigans in unreality then that could be the connection to the "ancient keyblade war" that xemnas was talking about and they just don't have enough knowledge of it yet just speculation. Remember Ansem SoD didn't know as much about Subject X as Ansem did (implied through their conversation in KH3) so Xehanort is probably basing a lot of this on very educated guesses than hard proof.
Due to the things I've pointed out originally I actually do believe that Xemnas knows something, just not enough. But I might be wrong (and very wrong), who knows.
Anyway that's what I think on the subject. I've had this Demyx is weird theory in the works since Re:mind but the ending of KHUX and what we know about darkness and the foretellers leads me to believe this may be the case with this dude.
I think Demyx could end up being someone else from Quadratum, since his existence (and Luxord's) is never mentioned during the events of UX. This is gonna be interesting.

senninichigo

Awards
Only Elrena is in Enchanted Dominion. Lauriam is in Dwarf Woodlands.
I gave up playing KHUX awhile ago and just watched the cutscenes many times but I thought the area that she spawned in was a part of Dwarf Woodlands where you fought the heartless with the apple in its hands. Is that not right?
I don't think that's the case, Magia (in the trailer at least) is shown to be quite the capable warrior and not the scaredy-cat Demyx is.
I agree with you that he's capable but our perception of "demyx" may be false to begin with. Demyx is a "scaredy-cat" the same way the MoM tells Young Xehanort he is but do we really believe this at face value or no is the question. Also in the trailer Magia's eyes are already yellow so whomever Demyx was (before being possessed like I'm implying) may be a totally different person than the Demyx we know and the Demyx we know may be a mix of the real Magia and the MoM. There's not enough to make concrete evidence because we know so little about the Quadratum crew and even the MoM so just spit balling here.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I gave up playing KHUX awhile ago and just watched the cutscenes many times but I thought the area that she spawned in was a part of Dwarf Woodlands where you fought the heartless with the apple in its hands. Is that not right?
It's not. You're thinking of this area:

1623293633358.png

But Elrena landed right here:

1623293581533.png

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Lauriam, Elrena Ventus and likely Skuld were flung into the far future into the Birth by Sleep timeline. The current rules of time travel have always been about travelling to the past so the necessity of a waypoint is not needed for characters to travel forward in time.

Bryhid|Foxinus

Awards
Lauriam, Elrena Ventus and likely Skuld were flung into the far future into the Birth by Sleep timeline. The current rules of time travel have always been about travelling to the past so the necessity of a waypoint is not needed for characters to travel forward in time.
I wasn't talking about a waypoint, but rather, a medium - or, like the official English translation goes, a vessel. This is what makes me wonder how the vessels/mediums came to be in the places they were found in the first place.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I wasn't talking about a waypoint, but rather, a medium - or, like the official English translation goes, a vessel. This is what makes me wonder how the vessels/mediums came to be in the places they were found in the first place.
It really should still be "medium". They've been consistent with this terminology when describing the post-ark reformation process in every scene except this one, even though the Japanese text has not deviated. I think they meant for "vessel" to serve as a shortened version of the whole "medium to reform your body" bit but failed to realize that that word implies something that's not accurate to this situation.

DanChaos1

Awards
Website
bit.ly
It really should still be "medium". They've been consistent with this terminology when describing the post-ark reformation process in every scene except this one, even though the Japanese text has not deviated. I think they meant for "vessel" to serve as a shortened version of the whole "medium to reform your body" bit but failed to realize that that word implies something that's not accurate to this situation.
It does make much more sense for the requirement to be "medium" rather than "vessel", given the fact Maleficent was reconstituted using a mere cloak as the medium. The similar requirements between traversing time and being recompleted in your own time can lead one to think you must have a human body, or human facsimile, to return to the Realm of Light. Whether flowers and lightning are enough to build that medium is uncertain, but clever foreshadowing.

Back