• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The next game might simply be called Kingdom Hearts X

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
I saw this nice theory today:

Basically it says that there are some foreshadowing in KH3 for the next entries name:
1622833244663.png
1622833292342.png

We can see the numbers that are different than ours: I II III X, etc...

I usually do not buy theories on the series, but this one kind of make sense especially considering that the X series just ended on mobile and we have a vivid desire for a sort of a reboot/remake that would encapsulate this narrative arc.
What do you think.
Does it make sense?

Form Oblivion

Awards
It does.....but........the only difference between Kingdom Hearts X (IV) and Kingdom Hearts X (chi) would be the font of the X lol
It would be a little strange for them to be so similar.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think it'll still be called Kingdom Hearts 4, just the four will be written in the Scala alphabet, as the 2 and 3 were in previous titles. That's sure to be confusing though. I wonder how many people will confuse it with KH χ (CHI) or think it's KH10

AegisXIII

Awards
I think it'll still be called Kingdom Hearts 4, just the four will be written in the Scala alphabet, as the 2 and 3 were in previous titles. That's sure to be confusing though. I wonder how many people will confuse it with KH χ (CHI) or think it's KH10
If you count the spinoffs, it actually is closer to 10, than 4. XD

AegisXIII

Awards
Well yes, but still quite a bit off depending on how you count.
1 - kh1
2 - com
3 - kh2
4 - days
5 - bbs
6 - recoded
7 - ddd
8 - 0.2
9 - X + Ux + back cover
10 - KH3

But if the next installment is a Re:X, then Kh3 becomes 9 position and thus Re:X is 10. 🕺

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
1 - kh1
2 - com
3 - kh2
4 - days
5 - bbs
6 - recoded
7 - ddd
8 - 0.2
9 - X + Ux + back cover
10 - KH3

But if the next installment is a Re:X, then Kh3 becomes 9 position and thus Re:X is 10. 🕺
You're forgetting Melody of Memory and Dark Road. I find it kind of funny how χ alone is kind of 3 games and a movie. Kingdom Hearts χ[Chi], Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ[Chi], Union X[Cross] and Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
PR and marketing would probably not allow it to go through because of this lol

Not that I even think it's a legitimate possibility.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
It's basically a variant of Roman Numerals, at least up until 9. The number of points from 4 to 8 is the number it is associated with.

If they do go with this, it'll probably just have the X be the background symbol on the logo, with the number 4 itself underneath or on the side.

AR829038

Awards
I don't think this is viable. If they hadn't already done a Kingdom Hearts X [chi] already, then I'd consider it more likely. Besides, are we just going to expect that newcomers to the franchise learn the Scala numerals to be able to keep track of which titles in the series come first? Nah, I know Nomura is crazy, but I can't imagine he'd call KH4 anything besides KH4, as it should be.

Noivern

Awards
While I also disagree that the next main entry game will be called X, I do think it's very interesting that Scala has it's own numeric alphabet that is also referenced in the Stop line of spells. The fact that they went as far as designing those books that we realistically should never notice in a normal playthrough is super cool.

Excited to see how this will be referenced in-game in future titles.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The X number could also tie into Yozora who has a Keyblade cross symbol on his clothes.

I like the theory but I feel it could confuse some fans as Adrian mentioned

horto12485

Awards
So we'll never find out who the remaining New Lights of the Seven New Hearts (After Kairi, Anna, Rapunzel and Elsa) (So we'll not see Raya or Moana or Merida or Tiana) (Or the Forgotten worlds like Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Meet the Robinsons, Pocahontas, Emperor's New Groove, Brother Bear, Coco, Incredibles, Zootopia Marvel/Star Wars)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So we'll never find out who the remaining New Lights of the Seven New Hearts (After Kairi, Anna, Rapunzel and Elsa) (So we'll not see Raya or Moana or Merida or Tiana) (Or the Forgotten worlds like Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Meet the Robinsons, Pocahontas, Emperor's New Groove, Brother Bear, Coco, Incredibles, Zootopia Marvel/Star Wars)
Uh, why not? How would KHIV being titled KHX mean that we won't get to see the other princess or forgotten Disney worlds?

Did you post in the wrong thread by accident?

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I don't think it will happen. they need a numbered game to the more casual market. so people will know that is the next BIG game.
I kinda wish 2 and 3 had been subtitled instead, because part of the reason 3 had so much hype behind it (and people begging it to come out) was to have that magically "mainline" third game. If they had been subtitled, fans may have still recognized a "main" Sora game, but not only would there have been less pressure for KH3 to be mostly SDG, but maybe people would've just been waiting for "the next part of the story", rather than that big fat Roman numeral.

Chie

Awards
I already thought before that some important symbol would be included instead of naming it KH4. It would still be a big deal game financially, with a simple title to mark that, but it would help get people away from this numbers thing.

Ultimately, the "numbered game" is bad for every single person involved except for corporate executives. It denotes nothing about the work as something being created, and yet holds incredible sway over budget, marketing, discourse, etc.

G-SANtos

Awards
Kingdom Hearts X would be too confusing for a title. Seriously, I'm already curious what they'll do for KH10.

They should call it Kingdom Hearts ※.
Or maybe Kingdom Hearts 四 since we're going to a version of Tokyo and the kanji 四 is mostly a square.

Back