• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The World Ends With You - The Animation to start airing Spanish and Portuguese dub this Friday

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The official Twitter accounts for Funimation Mexico and Funimation Brazil announced that The World Ends With You - The Animation will begin streaming Spanish and Portuguese dubs respectfully for the ongoing anime starting Friday, May 7th 2021.

No announcement has been made in regards to an English dub or other languages as of yet.

The World Ends With You - The Animation began streaming this April on Funimation which is available in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, United Kingdom and Ireland.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, NEO: The World Ends With You and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Last edited by a moderator:

okhi12

Awards
For a moment when I read the title I thought it was going to be dubbed in Spain and Portugal so I'd be able to watch it -legally- in my country, but it looks like I'll have to keep watching the episodes with english subs elsewhere. Oh, well. Maybe someday.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
For a moment when I read the title I thought it was going to be dubbed in Spain and Portugal so I'd be able to watch it -legally- in my country, but it looks like I'll have to keep watching the episodes with english subs elsewhere. Oh, well. Maybe someday.
You can always take to the high seas...

Although I know there is a difference in Castilian Spanish and Latin American Spanish (and really it varies even there) and Brazilian Portuguese and Iberian Portuguese...

okhi12

Awards
You can always take to the high seas...

Although I know there is a difference in Castilian Spanish and Latin American Spanish (and really it varies even there) and Brazilian Portuguese and Iberian Portuguese...
Yes, I want to take a look. The different accent is something I can easily get used to as long as the voices fit the characters, but it really depends on the amount of idioms they use that I can't understand or figure out. Many mexican dubs are quite neutral in that aspect so hopefully I'll understand this one just fine.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Odd to see that, but interesting 🤔
Fingers crossed the English dub at least comes out sooner rather than later 🤞

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm happy for the Spanish and Portugese fans. I hope you guys enjoy those dubs:) Especially since, at least where KH is concerned, I think THEY only dub in Japanese and English now, which is unfortunate. And I know FFXV: Brotherhood was only ever in Japanese.

I do hope we eventually get an English dub, though (and other ones), so Jesse David Corti and the other VAs can be happy:) Because I know Jesse in particular really seems to want an English dub.

Back