• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

EZ Merit bug? Sky walk challenge achieved without doing it

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I was at the end of Arendelle, taking a look at the Merits and codes for the first time during my critical run, and when I opened the menu I immediately obtained the Aerial challenge Merit (which... weird, but maybe?) and the Sky Walk Merit (impossible). Has it happened to anyone else?

Edit: playing on the PS4

okhi12

Awards
Did you achieve them in a previous walkthrough? The only reason I can think of is that maybe these merits carry over as well if you choose to keep the keyblades from a previous file.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Did you achieve them in a previous walkthrough? The only reason I can think of is that maybe these merits carry over as well if you choose to keep the keyblades from a previous file.
No. It really was my first time playing with the codes. I did keep my keyblades from my vanilla walkthrough, but that's it.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Are you sure you actually received the badge or just unlocked the challenge?

The challenges unlock when you open the menu after various conditions, but then you have to actually complete the challenge to fill in the space to fully "complete" it.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Are you sure you actually received the badge or just unlocked the challenge?

The challenges unlock when you open the menu after various conditions, but then you have to actually complete the challenge to fill in the space to fully "complete" it.
I have the badge for those two. The other slots are empty, these two are in color and everything.

When I opened the menu, I got a bunch of notifications that all these (12?) challenges were unlocked, then two more notifications with the badge for those two "achieved"

EDIT: That's the badge, right? 1617869500936.png And I have a Mickey Mouse head next to the challenge name.

The only thing I can think of that could explain it was the time I ran from Corona to the tower using a lot of flowmotion. But from what I can see online, you do have to start at the tower and get a green light or something to start the challenge? And I did run on the ground...

Last edited:

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Well you are allowed a few steps on the ground for the Skywalk, I forget exactly how many but it is entirely possible that you just got lucky and did the challenge without even realizing it by zipping around with your flow motion!

Certainly does seem like you got the full badge to me.

I think I had something similar happen with the Aerial challenge when I got some really good combos off and it gave me the badge before I had even unlocked it.

So yeah looks like either you glitched it or just had a really chance run in Corona. I don't know what you mean by a green light to start the challenge, though. When I did it I just jumped off the tower, no setup or triggering to start it.

Edit: Also apparently Ultimate form doesn't count as "walking" because Sora naturally hovers above the ground. So if you were using that Keyblade at all from your previous runs, that might have contributed to it?

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Well you are allowed a few steps on the ground for the Skywalk, I forget exactly how many but it is entirely possible that you just got lucky and did the challenge without even realizing it by zipping around with your flow motion!

Certainly does seem like you got the full badge to me.

I think I had something similar happen with the Aerial challenge when I got some really good combos off and it gave me the badge before I had even unlocked it.

So yeah looks like either you glitched it or just had a really chance run in Corona. I don't know what you mean by a green light to start the challenge, though. When I did it I just jumped off the tower, no setup or triggering to start it.

Edit: Also apparently Ultimate form doesn't count as "walking" because Sora naturally hovers above the ground. So if you were using that Keyblade at all from your previous runs, that might have contributed to it?
I don't have Ultima, so I must have gotten really really lucky... Even without the EZ Merit, that's the kind of silly challenge I like to try without being asked to...
Like, while playing Olympus, I suddenly wondered if it was possible to go all the way UP Thebes on Goofy's shield (and I did it! until I was stopped at the foot of one last wall, so at least I know it's possible to slide down the whole city :D I wonder why that's not a hidden trophy or something. It's so dumb and easy, and so much fun to do.)

About the set-up, I think I just misunderstood what someone wrote in a guide online...

Back