• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Potential proof that MoM is NOT Sora

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AR829038

Awards
Hey, everyone. Just wanted to pitch in with something I noticed recently while replaying ReMIND, and as I was watching the scene between Young Xehanort and the Master of Masters, I noticed something that seemed to weaken the theory that Sora could be the MoM. Now, keep in mind that this argument is far from air-tight, and I am biased since I think the Sora=MoM idea is a TERRIBLE idea (unless it's an alternate version of Sora who never met his friends or whatever—I just don't see the Sora we know ever turning into a manipulative megalomaniac, and any attempt to make that so would be really hackneyed and forced), so take what I'm saying as just a potential clue.
So, when the MoM tells Xehanort his true name, Xehanort reacts, and a lot of people have speculated that it's because Xehanort recognizes the name, and that the name he spoke was "Sora." But, in the very next scene, when it cuts to Master Xehanort 75 years later, he explicitly says that he "never learned who he was, and perhaps I never will." Now, if the name MoM had told to Xehanort way back when was the same as the name of the young Keyblade wielder that Xehanort had by now spent years fighting against in some form or another—a Keyblade wielder who had by then become the center of his attention and the greatest obstacle to realizing his long-sought ambitions—then wouldn't it be pretty ridiculous for the old man not to put two and two together?
Now, there's a fairly obvious answer to this, which is that, if MoM were Sora, he could have just given Xehanort a different name—perhaps Sora changed his name when he became the MoM. This is far from implausible. But, it's not exactly super-likely, either.
Anyway, I just wanted to throw that little bit of information out there, as it seems to work against what has quickly become one of the fandom's most salient theories regarding the MoM, and I personally hope it pans out to be proof that the theory is wrong. Tell me what you guys think.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I agree with this. MoM giving away his actual name and Xehanort making no allusions to Sora of his supposed future self tells me they are two different people.

And even if Sora grew up to become MoM I don't feel like he would have changed his original name either (which he would have no reason to since he would always go by MoM to his Apprentices)

Somnus cealum

Awards
Hey, everyone. Just wanted to pitch in with something I noticed recently while replaying ReMIND, and as I was watching the scene between Young Xehanort and the Master of Masters, I noticed something that seemed to weaken the theory that Sora could be the MoM. Now, keep in mind that this argument is far from air-tight, and I am biased since I think the Sora=MoM idea is a TERRIBLE idea (unless it's an alternate version of Sora who never met his friends or whatever—I just don't see the Sora we know ever turning into a manipulative megalomaniac, and any attempt to make that so would be really hackneyed and forced), so take what I'm saying as just a potential clue.
So, when the MoM tells Xehanort his true name, Xehanort reacts, and a lot of people have speculated that it's because Xehanort recognizes the name, and that the name he spoke was "Sora." But, in the very next scene, when it cuts to Master Xehanort 75 years later, he explicitly says that he "never learned who he was, and perhaps I never will." Now, if the name MoM had told to Xehanort way back when was the same as the name of the young Keyblade wielder that Xehanort had by now spent years fighting against in some form or another—a Keyblade wielder who had by then become the center of his attention and the greatest obstacle to realizing his long-sought ambitions—then wouldn't it be pretty ridiculous for the old man not to put two and two together?
Now, there's a fairly obvious answer to this, which is that, if MoM were Sora, he could have just given Xehanort a different name—perhaps Sora changed his name when he became the MoM. This is far from implausible. But, it's not exactly super-likely, either.
Anyway, I just wanted to throw that little bit of information out there, as it seems to work against what has quickly become one of the fandom's most salient theories regarding the MoM, and I personally hope it pans out to be proof that the theory is wrong. Tell me what you guys think.
well soras eyes does change during the yx data fight.

AR829038

Awards
I don't consider that as very strong evidence. It's SUCH an innocuous and missable visual detail that it can more easily be considered a glitch than an actual easter egg. I know Nomura likes putting tiny details in easily missable places, but this one in particular seems like an incredible reach to me.

AR829038

Awards
Wait where? I don't see his eyes changing at all.
When Young Xehanort does his DM, there's a brief moment (like a fraction of a second) just as it begins where, if you go into camera selfie mode, there's a chance you can see Sora's eyes change for the briefest of frames into what looks somewhat like the MoM's eye on the No Name Keyblade. A lot of people have speculate this is a really obscure hint intentionally placed in there to wink at Sora being the Master of Masters, but the requirements for seeing it are SO particular and so finnicky that I doubt it was an intentional decision, and was more likely some kind of graphical glitch (not like the series doesn't have a bunch of those from time to time).

Somnus cealum

Awards
When Young Xehanort does his DM, there's a brief moment (like a fraction of a second) just as it begins where, if you go into camera selfie mode, there's a chance you can see Sora's eyes change for the briefest of frames into what looks somewhat like the MoM's eye on the No Name Keyblade. A lot of people have speculate this is a really obscure hint intentionally placed in there to wink at Sora being the Master of Masters, but the requirements for seeing it are SO particular and so finnicky that I doubt it was an intentional decision, and was more likely some kind of graphical glitch (not like the series doesn't have a bunch of those from time to time).
yes i made a vid of that on my channel called king somnus

Noivern

Awards
While I'm not particularly fond of Sora being the MoM, I think people are way too fixated on the boy we know instead of like.. the grand scheme of things.

If MoM happens to be our lovely protag, It's gonna be a version of Sora so drastically different in everything that it's pretty much an entirely new character at this point.

I feel like finding out who the MoM is pretty meaningless as the developments that lead whoever that is to become the character we (barely) know are much more interesting and relevant than his actual self.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I was on the bandwagon that thought that Sora was the MoM, but as more KHUx updates came, I'm more convinced he's either an original character or Demyx might be groomed to be revealed as being the Master of Masters.

I feel like finding out who the MoM is pretty meaningless as the developments that lead whoever that is to become the character we (barely) know are much more interesting and relevant than his actual self.
I still think the MoM is an interesting character. We still don't know if he's good, evil or a morally questionable individual. We don't even know what his plan is and what does it have to do with Sora, Yozora and the Black Box.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I agree the Sora = MoM idea is just plain bad, and it’s too much of a contrived red herring, not to mention a horribly boring rendition of so many cliche tropes. It’s like a bad mix of “I am my own grandfather” and “self-fulfilling prophecy” that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
The eye thing is a graphical glitch. There’s no deeper meaning.
I was on the bandwagon that thought that Sora was the MoM, but as more KHUx updates came, I'm more convinced he's either an original character or Demyx might be groomed to be revealed as being the Master of Masters.
It’s not Demyx. Wouldn’t MX recognize him when he made Demyx a back-up in the Organization? There’s also the character files that imply Demyx met the Master.

I agree that the Master is hard to figure out. His plan cost innumerable lives, even into the Age of Prophecy. It doesn’t help that majority of his body count consisted of minors who should have no business in a theatre of war, oh, and trapping kids in a cage (of data). Still, it was a case of “damned if you do, damned if you don’t,” as the reports say that worldlines where the war didn’t happen still experienced a disastrous crisis, if not worse.

Knowing Nomura though, he’s contrive a connection just because. Superbia might be his name now, but I’m calling it, his real name is probably “Aozora”, “Hoshizora”, or “Fuyuzora” or something just as ridiculous.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think Nomura has us trained to believe that "new characters" will end up being linked/connected to ones we already know... which is bad. MoM should be whoever he is, and the only connection he should have to Sora or any of the cast we know is through Xehanort/Luxu.

You raise a good point that I guess was overlooked. I mean, you could say that MoM lied to Xehanort IF he were Sora. But if MoM is Sora, why would he put past Sora through all that pain (especially losing Kairi)?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
yes i made a vid of that on my channel called king somnus
You have a Youtube channel? I must go forth and seek it.

Anyway, while I don't buy into the Sora is the Master of Master theory, it's more believable then the Demyx theory. I don't know if I could take the Master of Masters seriously if he was Demyx this whole time. The reveal would also be weakened since they already did it with Xigbar/Luxu. Then again they pulled the "this character isn't really this character" thing twice with Terranort so they just might. I just prefer Demyx as this lazy sitar guy really. I don't even like the fact they tied him to a Keyblade Legacy. It nearly ruins the appeal of Demyx for me, lol.

I'm hoping the Master of Masters is a new character. I do think he'll have a connection with Sora, but I just hope it's not he's a version of future Sora. But whatever it is, I'm already preparing myself for it.

Noivern

Awards
But if MoM is Sora, why would he put past Sora through all that pain (especially losing Kairi)?

MoM being A Sora doesn't mean he is OUR Sora. Whatever motives he had to do what he did would be directly tied to whatever happened to make him into who he is.

But honestly, while I don't doubt a connection between the two exists, I feel like it's more likely that Sora is MoM than the other way around.

As in, Sora is derived from MoM somehow instead of the Master being a version of Sora.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
MoM being A Sora doesn't mean he is OUR Sora. Whatever motives he had to do what he did would be directly tied to whatever happened to make him into who he is.

But honestly, while I don't doubt a connection between the two exists, I feel like it's more likely that Sora is MoM than the other way around.

As in, Sora is derived from MoM somehow instead of the Master being a version of Sora.
After having like 13 Xehanorts, 5 Soras, 3 Rikus, 2 Kairis, I think Nomura needs to cut back on the characters being derived from each other.

If he keeps it up, we'll get the ultimate Nomura experience with the MoM where he IS revealed to be Sora... but he also reveals that EVERYONE IS SORA. The heartless, nobodies, unversed, and dream eaters are all born from his intense loneliness, while the humanoid characters are different aspects of his psyche. The final scene of the game will be Sora standing in a black room, realizing that everything was just a dream because he is alone in a void of nothingness.

Bloodblade777-2

But even if it is a glitch, it is suspicious. Why is the Eye of Darkness one of Sora's eye textures? That means there is a texture modelled for the eyes of characters in KH3 that looks like the Eye of Darkness... and it only appears on Sora...

Bloodblade777-2

I have a theory that maybe the Eye of Darkness is actually Young Xehanort's eyes changing when he uses timestop, but Square were a bit lazy and just made all the eye textures of all characters on the stage - Sora and YX - change during the attack because they didn't think anyone would selfie there, they'd just look at Young Xehanort.

Someone should check to see if young Xehanort's eyes change in that split second as well.

Somnus cealum

Awards
You have a Youtube channel? I must go forth and seek it.

Anyway, while I don't buy into the Sora is the Master of Master theory, it's more believable then the Demyx theory. I don't know if I could take the Master of Masters seriously if he was Demyx this whole time. The reveal would also be weakened since they already did it with Xigbar/Luxu. Then again they pulled the "this character isn't really this character" thing twice with Terranort so they just might. I just prefer Demyx as this lazy sitar guy really. I don't even like the fact they tied him to a Keyblade Legacy. It nearly ruins the appeal of Demyx for me, lol.

I'm hoping the Master of Masters is a new character. I do think he'll have a connection with Sora, but I just hope it's not he's a version of future Sora. But whatever it is, I'm already preparing myself for it.
its king somnus

Back