• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Gen Kobayashi illustrates 13th anniversary artwork for The World Ends With You

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Gen Kobayashi, Character Designer for The World Ends With You, has illustrated a brand new piece of artwork to celebrate the 13th Anniversary of TWEWY's release in Japan. The original game released on the Nintendo DS on July 27th, 2007, and has since become a cult classic among many fans around the world.

The World Ends With You has since seen an iOS remake in 2012 featuring a special teaser with a brand new character hinting towards a continuation of the series, a now-defunct free-to-play mobile game, a Nintendo Switch port in 2018 that featured a brand new chapter called "A New Day" which further teased a continuation of the TWEWY franchise, and an upcoming animated series releasing in 2021.

Happy 13th Anniversary to The World Ends With You!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory and all things Kingdom Hearts!

LexKitteh

Am I the only one who thought "Hype-chan" was not a new character, but a post-game Shiki?

She obviously did not like her true appearance and original self, but after her time in the Game realized she can change herself. And she has headphones now, possibly as a result of her time with Neku. Also her face is still partially obscured, since we never saw all of Shiki's true face. I always thought those were intentional clues.

Is there anything else in-game implying she is a new character? I liked to think of it as Shiki finally finding her own style and working to be a more confident person after the events of the story.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Am I the only one who thought "Hype-chan" was not a new character, but a post-game Shiki?

She obviously did not like her true appearance and original self, but after her time in the Game realized she can change herself. And she has headphones now, possibly as a result of her time with Neku. Also her face is still partially obscured, since we never saw all of Shiki's true face. I always thought those were intentional clues.

Is there anything else in-game implying she is a new character? I liked to think of it as Shiki finally finding her own style and working to be a more confident person after the events of the story.

We see Hype-chan walking from Shinjuku in A New Day with her face visible.

SPOILERS FOR A NEW DAY

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KudoTsurugi

Awards
We see Hype-chan walking from Shinjuku in A New Day with her face visible.

SPOILERS FOR A NEW DAY

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Plot twist: it's their kid from the future!!
I kid, of course, but I am curious to know what her deal is. Maybe she'll be Neku's new partner in whatever crazy scheme lies ahead for him

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Oh my gosh my beautiful children <3 <3 <3 <3
I'll follow TWEWY news anywhere & forever

Back