• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Personal rewrite of the Xehanort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rokhan Senik

Xehanort's motivations, at least to me, never really seem to fit the whole darkness, darkness evil schtick. I know his final speech was mistranslated but still i would've preferred a more villainous endgame then "I'm a misguided good guy, please forgive me"

To start let's look at Xehanort as a character and start to build around that. Here we see him as a man who values 3 things: Power, Knowledge and "Truth" or at least his version of it. Xehanort is a man who is definitely power-hungry, but why? This is where my rewrite comes into play. Xehanort, instead of using Kingdom Hearts to balance the world (very Thanos of you, bud) Xehanort believes darkness is the hearts true nature and therefore the source of truth and power. If darkness was the hearts true nature, then who would be the person to control the darkness? Xehanort would ponder this and believe he who controls the darkness controls truth and therefore everything. However, Xehanort is not close-minded. He believes that both powers have their own strengths and weaknesses. He would start the Keyblade War to pit both light and darkness against each other to find answer to his question: Who is truly worthy to inherit the World and the truth it contains? The guardians of light or the seekers of darkness? Or to paraphrase Xehanort's words "When the darkness falls, will everyone be worthy of the precious light the Legend speaks of, or will all of creation be returned to shadows" His Keyblade war would involve him summon Kingdom Hearts and allow it to be the judge of the war, and the one who's power is stronger would be granted the X-Blade. If Xehanort wins, he would be granted the truth of the heart and the power to shape the entire universe as he so desires, which in his mind, a world of truth and power would be a world of darkness. Also I would change some things in the endgame. I would bring back the 13 Darknesses but have Xehanort remain in Terra's body however Terra would eventually be freed but his heart would be in a replica. Causing the original body Xehanort still possesses to appear as he did as an apprentice to Ansem the wise just in the Master's clothes (See the picture at the bottom, it's not mine it belongs to JointOperation on DeviantArt.) Speaking of which, remember Xehanort's first appearance how he was introduced as this seeker of knowledge and power? I think my rewrite would be consistent with that little plot point. Also the TRUE Kingdom hearts can be summoned But only someone with great power and a strong heart can do so. As I said before Xehanort does so, Sora can but he doesnt know that. But what do YOU think? Do you think this would be in line with his character or would you add something to it? Or do you believe that his canon motivations were perfect for him, why or why not?

Attachments

• da4jxee-1a0255d0-5321-49cd-b827-38f800bd4f53 (1)(1).png
    da4jxee-1a0255d0-5321-49cd-b827-38f800bd4f53 (1)(1).png
    835.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

disney233

Awards
He DID die. But I hated the snapshot redemption and got to go to Keyblade heaven.
Why do people ALWAYS call it a redemption? There's a difference between redemption and surrender. Unlike some kamehameha blast, the dog decided to go out with a whimper. As twisted as he is, his death...is kinda fitting. Also wasn't Xehanort's intention revolved around balance rather than just darkness?

Rokhan Senik

Why do people ALWAYS call it a redemption? There's a difference between redemption and surrender. Unlike some kamehameha blast, the dog decided to go out with a whimper. As twisted as he is, his death...is kinda fitting.
Good point

Noivern

Awards
Before we start rewritting his character I think we need to understand who he was and what he wanted to do first, considering his true motivations are revealed at the very end of the last game in the Dark Seeker saga and now we are getting a proper game all about this.

I don't think there's virtually anything wrong with what he wanted to do from what we could see (in terms of his resolve as a character, not that what he did was right, lol), it was the execution (mostly on the writters part) that was flawed.
That mostly had to do with the fact that we only started to follow Xehanort as an old fart with his objective set, instead of watching him slowly develop through character arcs.
I think the Xehanort that Nomura wanted to write is similar to the plot of the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver series, except gone veeeery bad.

Rokhan Senik

Before we start rewritting his character I think we need to understand who he was and what he wanted to do first, considering his true motivations are revealed at the very end of the last game in the Dark Seeker saga and now we are getting a proper game all about this.

I don't think there's virtually anything wrong with what he wanted to do from what we could see (in terms of his resolve as a character, not that what he did was right, lol), it was the execution (mostly on the writters part) that was flawed.
That mostly had to do with the fact that we only started to follow Xehanort as an old fart with his objective set, instead of watching him slowly develop through character arcs.
I think the Xehanort that Nomura wanted to write is similar to the plot of the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver series, except gone veeeery bad.
I do see where your coming from

Rokhan Senik

Personally, to me, if Xehanort stuck with the goal of opening Kingdom Hearts to gain the ultimate secrets of the heart like it was in KH 2, that would have been fine. I wouldn't mind that goal since the "researcher" aspect of his personality would be consistent. I would just like it to stop changing. Researching the heart and eventually becoming consumed by darkness is a fine motivation, it's simple and clean. Leave it at that.

Back