• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix releases key art for Kingdom Hearts Dark Road

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

After revealing new characters and screenshots for the upcoming mobile game Kingdom Hearts Dark Road Square Enix have released the full, coloured, key art for the game.

The artwork features Eraqus, Hermod, Vor, Urd, and Bragi standing around Xehanort sitting on a chair.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

darknessofheart

Awards
It's weird looking at this knowing that at least one of these characters literally gets stabbed in the back by Xehanort and killed.

A future victim standing next to a seated future murderer and would-be omnicider.

Great art as always from Nomura.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's weird looking at this knowing that at least one of these characters literally gets stabbed in the back by Xehanort and killed.

A future victim standing next to a seated future murderer and would-be omnicider.

Great art as always from Nomura.

idk it's not that weird. Eraqus didn't hold it against Xehanort lol

(Kingdom Hearts, normalizing murder and death~)

darknessofheart

Awards
idk it's not that weird. Eraqus didn't hold it against Xehanort lol

(Kingdom Hearts, normalizing murder and death~)

True enough. I got so stuck in my headcanon of the armored Xehanort's death in ReMind being Xehanort's true demise that I forgot about his rationalization speech and ascension in the base game.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
UX team's insistence on releasing everything exclusively on social media continues to grind my gears. I just want some HQ uncompressed artwork :(

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
JP Twitter just says "don't miss the next info reveal!"
NA Twitter says "We'll keep revealing more each day"
Taking that at face value, if we're getting daily reveals, just how close to launch are we?
That campaign to reveal Xehanort's friends runs to the 30th (for some reason, I mean they're in the screenshots of the very next reveal...) but would they keep doing daily/every-other-day info dumps for the better part of a month?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
JP Twitter just says "don't miss the next info reveal!"
NA Twitter says "We'll keep revealing more each day"
Taking that at face value, if we're getting daily reveals, just how close to launch are we?
That campaign to reveal Xehanort's friends runs to the 30th (for some reason, I mean they're in the screenshots of the very next reveal...) but would they keep doing daily/every-other-day info dumps for the better part of a month?

...Look in your heart. You know the answer.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I don't know why, but they make me think of Night of the Living Dummy 3 from Goosebumps. Anyone ever see the cover of that book? This gives me vibes of it. Still really good art of them.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Does anyone get a feeling that the colors of each of these characters are similar to the foretellers. Just a weird feeling over here.

darknessofheart

Awards
Xehanort looks off in the art for me, I can't explain it.

Considering what he eventually does, that's actually pretty fitting. While the ending of the base KH3 may have implied otherwise, ReMind seemed to be a reminder (literally not meant to be a joke) that Xehanort was still an abominable human being. My main concern with this story is the writing romanticizing Xehanort's mission. Considering everything he did throughout the series, I think it's important that the story acknowledges that he eventually went off the ropes. I would like the story to explain why he became a seeker of darkness without some overly tragic turning point.

Last edited:
Awards
True enough. I got so stuck in my headcanon of the armored Xehanort's death in ReMind being Xehanort's true demise that I forgot about his rationalization speech and ascension in the base game.
I mean, he did say he was gonna purge everything to have a blank slate for his New World.

Plus if I'm not mistaken, everyone who fought in the Keyblade War "ascended" just like him. Only difference being it isn't treated in a way that has them accepting their deaths peacefully.

darknessofheart

Awards
I mean, he did say he was gonna purge everything to have a blank slate for his New World.

Plus if I'm not mistaken, everyone who fought in the Keyblade War "ascended" just like him. Only difference being it isn't treated in a way that has them accepting their deaths peacefully.

I'm not sure what your response means in relation to my post. I merely meant that I enjoyed the destruction of Xehanort in the DLC much more than the base game because I found it so much more satisfying.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
It's probably his muscles, like three balls stacked on top of each other.

Xehanort is cut! Lol

I’m probably reaching but I’m noticing a connection based on your comments. Out of all the Keyblade Wielders; Xehanort, Riku, and Aqua are the only ones to go sleeveless. Xehanort, Aqua, and Riku also have ties to the darkness. Maybe a sleeveless character can be acknowledged as a sign of a dark influence.

I intentionally omitted Terra from this as he doesn’t actively support this idea lol. Also he never actually went to the realm of Darkness as himself and he doesn’t appear to have used his darkness independent of Xehanort’s manipulation.

darknessofheart

Awards
Still got $50 on Luxu being one of them! $100 Bragi on any takers?

I would lose all faith in Nomura and his staff as writers if it was that obvious. The writing in KH may not be the best, but it's rarely so obvious. In my opinion, they're playing at something and trying to bait fans by having a character with such a similar name. That... actually makes this story much more interesting.

Last edited:
Awards
I'm not sure what your response means in relation to my post. I merely meant that I enjoyed the destruction of Xehanort in the DLC much more than the base game because I found it so much more satisfying.
I am quite tired. Ended up focusing on the last bit of it rather than the whole thing. But aside from that I attempted to give context to the base game's end of Xehanort.

Sorry if I came off as rude, btw.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Does anyone get a feeling that the colors of each of these characters are similar to the foretellers. Just a weird feeling over here.

Not really? But it was just pointed out to me that there's the same number of students here as the Foretellers: 4 boys, 2 girls.

I don't think it means anything in relation to those characters though.

Back