• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I do like Aqua she has some good traits about her, but I won't lie, I felt she had a very boring start in BBS. Say what you will about Terra and Ventus, but both of them felt like they had a plan going into the game and where they would end up. Aqua just felt like leftovers which is why she got the most generic end of the three, trapped in the Realm of Darkness...even though she didn't open her heart to darkness herself, whatever she needed to be gone because this is a prequel. I just found Aqua okay at first. Didn't really bounce off Disney characters as well as she could have, I think her best interactions were with Zack and her main story in the game was cleaning up after Terra and Ven. Not the most thrilling. In general I wasn't a huge fan of the Wayfinder trio on my first viewing of BBS. They got better with time and my opinion on them is much more positive today but that's a topic for another time.

Back to Aqua I did find the character a tad overrated when BBS first came out. I felt a majority of her popularity came from being a female Keyblade Master and because she wasn't another Kairi clone. To this day I always wonder if Aqua was a boy would she be as popular as she is? Aqua also wasn't that much fun as a lone hero. In Kingdom Hearts I prefer a group of friends/heroes together as opposed to lone heroes, because a group can cover each other's weaknesses or if one character is lacking some personality a group can make help bring that personality out. Aqua to me needed this more then the other two, as Ventus was fine on his own as was Terra.

That being said I found Aqua and the Wayfinders got better with each game after BBS. In 0.2 the opening alone connected me to TAV then all of BBS's game did. And KH3 really sold them as a family and it warmed my heart. The BBS novel also did a really good job with them. If you haven't you guys should give it a read as it does something really magical with TAV.

Overall I do like Aqua. She's not my favorite but nowhere near my least favorite either. She's a solid middle tier. In short she's cool just not a character that strongly appeals to me personally. Still looking forward to what the series has in store for her next.

Foxycian

Awards
I find it weird that Aqua is your least favourite character, but there are so many things that you like about her. But I suppose that's what "least favourite" means, you just like everyone else more. I don't even think I can come up with my least favourite KH character, if not for some lame reason like they weren't used a lot (like Aeleus).
I’m Glad you mentioned that, yes i like 3 things and dislike 3 things about aqua so it’s pretty much equal and sums up that I don’t hate her but can’t say I like her as much as the rest, the other 2 reason I dislike about her are her fans, they affected my opinion on her, it’s strange but if it weren’t for them then I might have liked aqua a bit more.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I guess I'm one of those fans who blame Terra and Ven... Well, that's not true, I don't dislike Terra, he was simply insecure about his screwup in the exam (not knowing that was Xehanort rather than himself). Ventus, on the other hand, what a jerk. I always saw them both--but more Ventus than Terra--as superimposing some image of arrogance and holier-than-thou quality onto her simply because they resented the fact that she was given authority over them. They resented being "told what to do" by her and treated her like crap for it, when she was really just doing her job. And it was as if they somehow blamed her for Terra being snubbed by the Master, too. I definitely don't think Aqua was a bad person for being suspicious of Terra. She was manipulated as much as Terra himself was. If Xehanort can make Terra question himself, how can you blame Aqua for questioning Terra likewise?

I think Aqua's popular for a lot of reasons. One is, yes, she is an active female character in a series where they mostly don't exist. But I think a lot of it was having a character on the light side who was also flawed for being extreme in support of light or rather someone who was mislead, even if unintentionally, by someone who was extreme in support of Light over Darkness (Eraqus). Aqua's definitely in my top 5 favorite KH characters. I see her as sort of a less excessive version of Hermione from HP. She's not as know-it-all or extensively knowledged about All Things as Hermione, but she believes in doing the right thing or your duty and trusting authority figures and the rules (as long as they aren't nefarious; all of the characters thought of Eraqus as a benevolent father figure, even if he really let them down at the end of BbS)

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
reason I dislike about her are her fans, they affected my opinion on her, it’s strange but if it weren’t for them then I might have liked aqua a bit more.

You could literally say this of any of the fanbases surrounding any of the characters, whether they are pro or anti [insert character] and even of the general Kingdom Hearts fanbase itself. There are reasonable fans (in this case, of Aqua), in this very thread, capable of acknowledging her flaws. Let the work of the writing team speak for itself, and let the opinions of others roll off of you. Fanbases should not dictate your enjoyment or lack thereof of a character. If I, myself, I were controlled by that logic, the larger KH community would probably have me hating on Xion. Nah tho

Foxycian

Awards
You could literally say this of any of the fanbases surrounding any of the characters, whether they are pro or anti [insert character] and even of the general Kingdom Hearts fanbase itself. There are reasonable fans (in this case, of Aqua), in this very thread, capable of acknowledging her flaws. Let the work of the writing team speak for itself, and let the opinions of others roll off of you. Fanbases should not dictate your enjoyment or lack thereof of a character. If I, myself, I were controlled by that logic, the larger KH community would probably have me hating on Xion. Nah tho
Tbh even without the fans being annoying And defending her mistakes, I don’t know if I will still actually like her more, again I absolutely do not hate her im ok with her, but she is just bland to me if I compare her to kairi or Xion, yes I do find Xion interesting, but I already said everyone is allowed to express their opinion this is an open topic so you can say anything on your mind and that includes everybody^^

Light and dark

I guess I'm one of those fans who blame Terra and Ven... Well, that's not true, I don't dislike Terra, he was simply insecure about his screwup in the exam (not knowing that was Xehanort rather than himself). Ventus, on the other hand, what a jerk. I always saw them both--but more Ventus than Terra--as superimposing some image of arrogance and holier-than-thou quality onto her simply because they resented the fact that she was given authority over them. They resented being "told what to do" by her and treated her like crap for it, when she was really just doing her job. And it was as if they somehow blamed her for Terra being snubbed by the Master, too. I definitely don't think Aqua was a bad person for being suspicious of Terra. She was manipulated as much as Terra himself was. If Xehanort can make Terra question himself, how can you blame Aqua for questioning Terra likewise?

I think Aqua's popular for a lot of reasons. One is, yes, she is an active female character in a series where they mostly don't exist. But I think a lot of it was having a character on the light side who was also flawed for being extreme in support of light or rather someone who was mislead, even if unintentionally, by someone who was extreme in support of Light over Darkness (Eraqus). Aqua's definitely in my top 5 favorite KH characters. I see her as sort of a less excessive version of Hermione from HP. She's not as know-it-all or extensively knowledged about All Things as Hermione, but she believes in doing the right thing or your duty and trusting authority figures and the rules (as long as they aren't nefarious; all of the characters thought of Eraqus as a benevolent father figure, even if he really let them down at the end of BbS)
with all due respect friend how is ventus a jerk? 😠 they all made mistakes and And even Aqua that’s why ventus called her out on her bs and called her awful and he is not wrong cause she doubted her friend and she had no proof whatsoever, again they all made mistakes you really can’t defend any of them specially Aqua and Maybe Terra, ventus on the other hand didn’t do as much mistakes as Aqua, all he did was ran away from home which could have been solved had Aqua dragged him back instead of ordering him to return on his own 🤦‍♂️ So how was Ventus a jerk again? cause it looks to me you’re being bias right now just favoring aqua and ignoring her flaws, she is not perfect as many have said already...

Elysium

Awards
You pointed out yourself the reason I think Ventus is a jerk? He called her awful and accused her of having let power go to her head just because she told him to go back home the way the master told her to do. He sounded like a bratty child screaming about how horrible their mother is after he's been disciplined. IMO, the mistakes Aqua made are ones they were all guilty of doing: trusting Eraqus too blindly and falling for Xehanort's manipulation.

Btw, I pointed out in that post how she's not perfect. But I guess the only argument Aqua haters have against her fans is that they only like her because she's a female character and that they don't acknowledge she has flaws? Both those things are false.

Light and dark

You pointed out yourself the reason I think Ventus is a jerk? He called her awful and accused her of having let power go to her head just because she told him to go back home the way the master told her to do. He sounded like a bratty child screaming about how horrible their mother is after he's been disciplined. IMO, the mistakes Aqua made are ones they were all guilty of doing: trusting Eraqus too blindly and falling for Xehanort's manipulation.
I’m sorry but that doesn’t make sense at all... what ventus said to her was justified, she was awful for doubting her friend with no proof, if your friends doubted you of something you didn’t do will you be ok with that? Aqua did get full of herself she acted like she is the wise one in the group now that she is keyblade master, and after you finish radiant garden world you will see a message that says the three of them were torn apart cause each said the wrong words to each other, Aqua is what caused terra to go further into xehanort clutches for not trusting him, don’t put all the blame on eraqus, they all made mistakes but still you’re making excuses for aqua, she is also to blame for what happened she should know better not to trust stranger words about her friends, GOD how can you people defend this it’s plain simple,

Terra mistake was being naive and gullible, but it can also be a good thing cause he does not judge a person by the way he looks
Ventus mistake was running away from home without telling them the reason why
Aqua mistake was doubting terra and not listening to eraqus orders to bring ventus home when he specifically told her you MUST bring him back which she replied yes don’t worry Master.

Foxycian

Awards
I find it weird that Aqua is your least favourite character, but there are so many things that you like about her. But I suppose that's what "least favourite" means, you just like everyone else more. I don't even think I can come up with my least favourite KH character, if not for some lame reason like they weren't used a lot (like Aeleus).
Btw just to clarify She’s not my least favorite kingdom hearts character she is my least favorite among the main characters, i only said my least favorite kingdom hearts character just to interest people in the topic, Aqua is just an ok character for me I don’t hate her she just doesn’t not interest me as much as the rest, her character felt strong at first when she was introduced in bbs, but that’s about it for her, at Least to me she is an ok character.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Btw just to clarify She’s not my least favorite kingdom hearts character she is my least favorite among the main characters, i only said my least favorite kingdom hearts character just to interest people in the topic, Aqua is just an ok character for me I don’t hate her she just doesn’t not interest me as much as the rest, her character felt strong at first when she was introduced in bbs, but that’s about it for her, at Least to me she is an ok character.
You can have your opinions about her. I don't think you should feel worried about expressing how you feel about a character, once you go about it in a way that isn't attacking anyone or offensive. You did a good job in this thread explaining why you think Aqua is just OK for you.

Elysium

Awards
what ventus said to her was justified
IMO, it wasn't.

don’t put all the blame on eraqus, they all made mistakes but still you’re making excuses for aqua
Actually, I didn't at all? I suppose it would look that way if you are looking for an excuse to blame Aqua for everything while excusing the others' role in everything that happened.

Light and dark

IMO, it wasn't.

Actually, I didn't at all? I suppose it would look that way if you are looking for an excuse to blame Aqua for everything while excusing the others' role in everything that happened.
Ok first You serious? she accused her friend of something he did not do and she had no proof at all, all she heard was false information from maleficent like really why would you believe an evil witch fairy words aqua? Sorry but IMO it was justified that was awful accusing your friend of something he didn’t do, and ventus called her out on it, you really cannot defend this unless you’re just bias a

Second Um no I said all three made mistakes but I’m pointing out that no one pointing their finger at Aqua when she made too many mistakes as well, clearly you’re proving my point about you aqua fans you’re beyond reasoning with, you are being bias and not admitting what she said was awful and she had it coming,

Foxycian

Awards
IMO, it wasn't.
Hope this doesn’t turn into a debate 😅 anyway Tartarus When I first played Aqua’s campaign I thought I would get the answers I seek, like what did aqua see in her journey? why did she blame terra? but honestly... I saw nothing. Master Xehanort Admitted that terra did not steal Aurora’s heart and that he was innocent, i was quite annoyed or at the very least not happy seeing terra being lectured by aqua, when in fact she did not know what he did, to be honest when ventus called her awful I think it’s well deserved, Aqua trust in her friend wavered a little, she needed someone to tell her she messed up big time to realize she made the wrong decision and that she should not jumped to conclusions again.

Edit: I would like if y’all can place your opinion but not debate about it, not fan of long arguments, it tend to never end, hope my words got through to some

Last edited:

Elysium

Awards
Ok first You serious?
Are you serious? Terra thought himself as being susceptible to darkness and started to turn away from Eraqus. But Aqua shouldn't be suspicious when she hears things like that he helped Maleficent get Aurora's heart?

Second Um no I said all three made mistakes but I’m pointing out that no one pointing their finger at Aqua when she made too many mistakes as well, clearly you’re proving my point about you aqua fans you’re beyond reasoning with, you are being bias and not admitting what she said was awful and she had it coming,
No offense, but you are the one being histrionic because I don't agree with your perception of the story here.

EDIT: Anyway, I went to read a BbS Script of the worlds through Radiant Garden in Aqua's story, since it's been a while since I've played the game. My notes from that....

Eraqus gives Aqua three different orders (this is his exact dialogue):
1 - So here we are. I need you two to get this situation under control. Eliminate the Unversed, and find Master Xehanort. I have unlocked the Lanes Between. You may use these forbidden pathways to travel between this world and countless others. The darkness looms closer than usual within these spaces, but your armor will protect you. Lastly, remember that order must be kept. You cannot tell anyone there are other worlds. Now go, and fulfill your duty.
2 - If [Terra] were to-- If those powers were to prove too much for him to handle, I want you to bring him back to me at once. It's for his own good. I could not bear to lose any of you to the darkness.
3 - You have to bring [Ventus] back!

In the scene in which Eraqus gives order #1, he walks up to Terra and (in front of Aqua) tells him he is obsessed with power, and that's why the darkness showed itself during the Mark of Mastery exam. Anyway, between there and Radiant Garden, Aqua tries to take Ventus back with her, but he refuses to do so when she meets him in Enchanted Dominion and he runs away from her. She tries again in Radiant Garden (Terra even agrees with her and tells him to go with her, and he refuses). I don't think she believes what Maleficent says about Terra having hurt someone, she continually refutes that being the truth to Maleficent's face, and yet Maleficent shows knowledge of the Keyblade, which Aqua can only wonder if she got that information from Terra (and Maleficent specifically calls the Keyblade "a source of power"--which would send alarm bells if Aqua is wondering if this might be something she heard from Terra because Eraqus specifically says Terra has an obsession with power). Aqua only really acts suspicious of Terra because of his reaction to hearing Ventus talking about Vanitas, someone she doesn't even know. He has a freak out over it. Her immediate reaction to him talking about how they supposedly have some dangerous task that she's never heard about until this moment: "And what is this dangerous task, Terra? It doesn't sound like what the master told you to do." When she then wonders about why he would come into close contact with a dark person like Maleficent, he accuses her of spying on him.

Terra: You mean you've been spying on me? Is that what he said to do? The Master's orders?

And the truth is, that IS what Eraqus told her to do. It was order #2. And when he leaves because he's sad the Master may not trust his abilities, she says this:

Aqua: Terra, please! Listen! The Master has no reason to distrust you, really! He was just worried.

She tries to spare Terra's feelings even though it's the truth. And it's clear Terra would not go back to Land of Departure at this point even if she demanded it. In response to the above, Ventus calls her awful--for doing her job. So yes, I think Ventus is a jerk and a brat, who needs a wooden spoon to the backside. lol Anyway, Aqua responds with this:

Aqua: So now you know the truth. But the Master loves Terra, and you know that too.
Ven: Were you also "ordered" to take me home? (After a silence.) Aqua... Now that you're a Keyblade Master, you've let it go to your head. I'm gonna go find Terra.

And in what way has she "let it go to her head"? By doing what she was "ordered" to do, as he condescendingly puts it to her (as if her orders from Eraqus shouldn't hold any weight over her)? So, yes, I see it as both of them just being angry that she has authority over them, angry at her for doing what she was told to do and being privy to parts of Eraqus' thinking / motives that he won't allow them to know.

Moreover, I think the fairy tale worlds were specifically chosen as parallels for each character. Terra is tied to Aurora, and like her he is failed by the people around him the same way the three good fairies fail to prevent Maleficent's curse. Ventus is naive and put into a sleep he can't wake from like Snow White. The Castle of Dreams, the one Aqua's story is most tied to, ends with a final lesson for her about how jealousy is darkness. Like Cinderella, her goodness and bright light brings out jealousy in others. To me, this is supposed to be a characterization of Terra's and Ventus' jealous reactions towards her becoming Keyblade Master in this story.

Last edited:

Light and dark

Y
Are you serious? Terra thought himself as being susceptible to darkness and started to turn away from Eraqus. But Aqua shouldn't be suspicious when she hears things like that he helped Maleficent get Aurora's heart?

No offense, but you are the one being histrionic because I don't agree with your perception of the story here.
really... lol, eraqus and aqua are both blinded by the light that’s why they both doubted terra, anyway don’t bring Eraqus into this please, No matter what you say Aqua suspected terra and that’s wrong and that’s something no matter what you do you won’t change the fact she is in the wrong not trusting her friend.

Also no I’m not being histrionic you’re just being bias, you literally defending someone who accused her friend of something he did not do, Ventus believed in terra more, he knew terra wasn’t that type of person and all those rumors he heard of him are lie, Aqua on the other hand doubted him, Sorry but I’m not hating on Aqua I’m just stating facts and that’s Aqua was the one in the wrong here but clearly she is your fav character or something cause you just don’t want to accept it,

AGAIN!!!!! SHE LITERALLY ACCUSED HER FRIEND AND POINTED HER FINGER AT HIM SAYING HE DID THAT AND THIS BUT YOU THE PLAYER WHO PLAYED TERRA STORY KNOWS TERRA DIDN’T DO ANYTHING...... so really why are you defending this again? No matter how I look at it your bias is showing, they all made mistakes.... even your beloved Aqua, and yes her words is what drove terra even further away, words sometimes can do more damage then action.

If you’re still not convinced then there’s no point in talking anymore.

Elysium

Awards
I edited my post above. I understand if you didn't see that, because I edited it late after reading the script. I've explained why I don't agree with you and why what you've said is not my opinion. Aqua did make mistakes, just not the ones you're accusing her of here.

Last edited:

Light and dark

EDIT: Anyway, I went to read a BbS Script of the worlds through Radiant Garden in Aqua's story, since it's been a while since I've played the game. My notes from that....

Eraqus gives Aqua three different orders (this is his exact dialogue):
1 - So here we are. I need you two to get this situation under control. Eliminate the Unversed, and find Master Xehanort. I have unlocked the Lanes Between. You may use these forbidden pathways to travel between this world and countless others. The darkness looms closer than usual within these spaces, but your armor will protect you. Lastly, remember that order must be kept. You cannot tell anyone there are other worlds. Now go, and fulfill your duty.
2 - If [Terra] were to-- If those powers were to prove too much for him to handle, I want you to bring him back to me at once. It's for his own good. I could not bear to lose any of you to the darkness.
3 - You have to bring [Ventus] back!

In the scene in which Eraqus gives order #1, he walks up to Terra and (in front of Aqua) tells him he is obsessed with power, and that's why the darkness showed itself during the Mark of Mastery exam. Anyway, between there and Radiant Garden, Aqua tries to take Ventus back with her, but he refuses to do so when she meets him in Enchanted Dominion and he runs away from her. She tries again in Radiant Garden (Terra even agrees with her and tells him to go with her, and he refuses). I don't think she believes what Maleficent says about Terra having hurt someone, she continually refutes that being the truth to Maleficent's face, and yet Maleficent shows knowledge of the Keyblade, which Aqua can only wonder if she got that information from Terra (and Maleficent specifically calls the Keyblade "a source of power"--which would send alarm bells if Aqua is wondering if this might be something she heard from Terra because Eraqus specifically says Terra has an obsession with power). Aqua only really acts suspicious of Terra because of his reaction to hearing Ventus talking about Vanitas, someone she doesn't even know. He has a freak out over it. Her immediate reaction to him talking about how they supposedly have some dangerous task that she's never heard about until this moment: "And what is this dangerous task, Terra? It doesn't sound what the master told you to do." When she then wonders about why he would come into close contact with a dark person like Maleficent, he accuses her of spying on him.

Terra: You mean you've been spying on me? Is that what he said to do? The Master's orders?

And the truth is, that IS what Eraqus told her to do. It was order #2. And when he leaves because he's sad the Master may not trust his abilities, she says this:

Aqua: Terra, please! Listen! The Master has no reason to distrust you, really! He was just worried.

It's clear Terra would not go back to Land of Departure at this point even if she demanded it. And, in response to the above, Ventus calls her awful--for doing her job. So yes, I think Ventus is a jerk and a brat, who needs a wooden spoon to the backside. lol Anyway, Aqua responds with this:

Aqua: So now you know the truth. But the Master loves Terra, and you know that too.
Ven: Were you also "ordered" to take me home? (After a silence.) Aqua... Now that you're a Keyblade Master, you've let it go to your head. I'm gonna go find Terra.

And in what way has she "let it go to her head"? By doing what she was "ordered" to do, as he condescendingly puts to her? So, yes, I see it as both of them just being angry that she has authority over them, angry at her for doing what she was told to do and being privy to parts of Eraqus' thinking / motives that he won't allow them to know.

Moreover, I think the fairy tale worlds were specifically chosen as parallels for each character. Terra is tied to Aurora, and like her he is failed by the people around him the same way the three good fairies fail to prevent Maleficent's curse. Ventus is naive and put into a sleep he can't wake from like Snow White. The Castle of Dreams, the one Aqua's story is most tied to, ends with a final lesson for her about how jealousy is darkness. Like Cinderella, her goodness and bright light brings out jealousy in others. To me, this is supposed to be a characterization of Terra's and Ventus' jealous reactions towards her becoming Keyblade Master in this story.
huh really? Terra and ventus jealous of her? you really think ventus and terra are the type to feel jealous towards their friends? Are we playing the same game? Cause clearly you don’t know much about terra and ventus, they were fine even after she became a master but they couldn’t celebrate cause terra failed not cause he is inexperienced but cause Eraqus told him in front of everybody that he couldn’t control his darkness

Aqua was tasked to take ventus back home, he may have slipped past her in enchanted dominion but you cannot make excuses for her in radiant garden and worse she knew there was someone after him and she left him alone, don’t bother saying he should have listened, she should have taken him back like the master told her to do

Talking about vanitas isn’t what made her suspect him, she said i’ve Been into the same worlds as you and seen what you have done... her trust wavered from maleficent words plain and simple

Ventus and terra didn’t hate that aqua have the authority over them cause she is a master, ventus hated how she started acting like a teacher lecturing him telling him what’s right and wrong instead of acting like the friend she is supposed to be

There is a reason why the ventus said she is awful cause she did make a mistake she thought she knew better but she didn’t she jumped to conclusions, they could have solved this better instead of just telling him that he did bad things without any proof, she doubted her friends like dude really? How can you doubt your friend with no proof that’s like backstabbing your best friend telling them something like “I don’t have faith in you” in their face

She was tasked to watch terra in case darkness overtook him but she didn’t see anything she just believed in rumors from an obvious villain which is a terrible choice

Edit: there’s really nothing for me to say to you I already explained to ya that she distrusted her friend with no proof, that alone is a mistake on her part, they all made mistakes and Aqua is no different that’s all hope you understand cause I don’t want to repeat everything I wrote again.

Last edited:

Elysium

Awards
Well, this is at the point that you can only agree to disagree because nothing you're saying is convincing me to change my interpretation of that scene and the events that lead up to it, sorry. And capslock isn't going to move me.

Back