• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NO SPOILERS PLEASE: Anyone Else Have Problems With Limit Cut Boss Fights

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I feel like I'm the only person in the world that hasn't beaten the Data Organization in Limit Cut. I got to Level 99, powered up Ultima Weapon to max, used Strength/Magic/Defense Boosts and I STILL have trouble with the Data Organization. I only managed to beat Marluxia (and cried when it happened because I was at 2 for the Doom Counter).

Anyone have any tips? I'm on Critical Mode (which may not have been the best idea).

blank points

Awards
Nah, don't worry. You are far from the only one lol. The best advice I can give you that worked for me is to keep up with the defense boosts. Do you know exactly what your defense stat is? What I did was I farmed for defense boosts in synthesis, then I found some good defense equipment. If you go to the badlands area in the KG, you can find the Cosmic Belt in a chest, and Battlegate 2 in the Apex area on Mount Olympus awards the Cosmic Belt+. I would get these if you don't already have them, and keep synthesizing defense boosts until Sora's defense is about 85. That's how I did it, and while it is still challenging, it is much more manageable now. (I just finished Ansem not that long ago.) Other than that, honestly just keep on persevering. The real trick to these bosses is trial and error. The only difference though is I am on standard mode, so that probably makes a huge difference. Either way, definitely stick with the defense boosts for now.

Man though, I am dreading to find out what the Secret Episode boss is like though lol.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’ve only beaten Young Xehanort. I almost beat Vanitas just now. He had less than a quarter bar of health left, but his attack pattern completely changed last second and I was overwhelmed. 😭

PSA: You can prevent him from using his DM if you airstep to him and attack right as he starts summoning the Keyblades.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Nah, don't worry. You are far from the only one lol. The best advice I can give you that worked for me is to keep up with the defense boosts. Do you know exactly what your defense stat is? What I did was I farmed for defense boosts in synthesis, then I found some good defense equipment. If you go to the badlands area in the KG, you can find the Cosmic Belt in a chest, and Battlegate 2 in the Apex area on Mount Olympus awards the Cosmic Belt+. I would get these if you don't already have them, and keep synthesizing defense boosts until Sora's defense is about 85. That's how I did it, and while it is still challenging, it is much more manageable now. (I just finished Ansem not that long ago.) Other than that, honestly just keep on persevering. The real trick to these bosses is trial and error. The only difference though is I am on standard mode, so that probably makes a huge difference. Either way, definitely stick with the defense boosts for now.

Man though, I am dreading to find out what the Secret Episode boss is like though lol.
I thought 2 Defense Boosts were enough, but clearly I'm going to have to farm more of every kind of boost.

I was first attempting Dark Riku, who I got down to 3-4 bars left and then it was total mayhem and I died in the blink of an eye.

Young Xehanort was just instant death lol. I made some progress of Terra-Xehanort, but then when he summons the Guardian and it attacks from the sky I just die. I tried Ansem, but when he activates the red shield thing and approaches you that just kills me.

UGHHHHH I WANT TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THE STORY

U.N. Owen

Awards
I've moved on to Master Xehanort after taking a nice break post-Xion. She was just the meat tenderizer.

If you want my extended thoughts on all bosses. All on proud mode by the way:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Foxycian

Awards
I struggled and I’m playing on standard lol but if you struggled on critical then you’re really skilled but if you ever give up then try other mode.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I've moved on to Master Xehanort after taking a nice break post-Xion. She was just the meat tenderizer.

If you want my extended thoughts on all bosses. All on proud mode by the way:

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

AR829038

Awards
I feel like I'm the only person in the world that hasn't beaten the Data Organization in Limit Cut. I got to Level 99, powered up Ultima Weapon to max, used Strength/Magic/Defense Boosts and I STILL have trouble with the Data Organization. I only managed to beat Marluxia (and cried when it happened because I was at 2 for the Doom Counter).

Anyone have any tips? I'm on Critical Mode (which may not have been the best idea).
The thing about the Data battles is, they're all designed to force you to memorize the enemy's attack patterns. Pretty much every Org member has some tweak where their normal attacks are enhanced to be unblockable and super-deadly, and just going ham on them like a lot of players instinctively do (i.e., relying exclusively on Counter abilities and Aerial Recovery to just go permanently on the offensive) isn't going to fly with these guys (except with Larxene, where you may get lucky like me and just beat her by going ape sh**).
For the rest of them, however, beating them is going to require a LOT of trial and error, a lot of slip ups, honing your reflexes, and a paradigm shift to prioritize defense, evasion, timing, and patience over offense. Partly because their movesets will mess you up royally if you don't get their patterns down, but also because all of the bosses have heightened defense outside of particular openings you have to look for in order to do significant damage to them. Xion and Master Xehanort are particularly useful as practice in this regard for the secret boss to come after you beat all of them.
It took me a couple days playing all hours of the day to beat the Data Organization, and I was playing it on Standard mode, so on Critical I imagine it'll take even longer unless you're a wiz.
Being Level 99 and having all the best gear will help, but it in no way guarantees an easy time for you. You can have the strongest weapons imaginable, but if you can't protect your HP bar, it doesn't mean much in the long run.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Finally caved and finished leveling up to 99. Beat Vanitas second try after that! On to Data Dark Riku...

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Not sure. I ran like hell when the Guardian arrived. The dark orbs fired by Terranort's keyblade are fair game for giving him a taste of his own medicine.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The thing about the Data battles is, they're all designed to force you to memorize the enemy's attack patterns. Pretty much every Org member has some tweak where their normal attacks are enhanced to be unblockable and super-deadly, and just going ham on them like a lot of players instinctively do (i.e., relying exclusively on Counter abilities and Aerial Recovery to just go permanently on the offensive) isn't going to fly with these guys (except with Larxene, where you may get lucky like me and just beat her by going ape sh**).
For the rest of them, however, beating them is going to require a LOT of trial and error, a lot of slip ups, honing your reflexes, and a paradigm shift to prioritize defense, evasion, timing, and patience over offense. Partly because their movesets will mess you up royally if you don't get their patterns down, but also because all of the bosses have heightened defense outside of particular openings you have to look for in order to do significant damage to them. Xion and Master Xehanort are particularly useful as practice in this regard for the secret boss to come after you beat all of them.
It took me a couple days playing all hours of the day to beat the Data Organization, and I was playing it on Standard mode, so on Critical I imagine it'll take even longer unless you're a wiz.
Being Level 99 and having all the best gear will help, but it in no way guarantees an easy time for you. You can have the strongest weapons imaginable, but if you can't protect your HP bar, it doesn't mean much in the long run.
I used like 10 Defense Boosts and I totally forgot about the food, so I went and made a meal that upped everything. That helped me get rid of Data Riku and Young Xehanort. I have no shame in also using the Kupo Coin lol.

UPDATE: I managed to take care of all the available data battles except Luxord and Xemnas (to quote Larxene - "Ugh. Xemnas.") Luxord I haven't attempted yet in this current state, but Xemnas... OMG. I tried him maybe 20 times and I legit feel to breakdown when he kills me on his last health bar. Xemnas goes crazy and makes it so hard for you to hit him because he's so busy hitting you from all over.

Anyway, my general advice to anyone that's struggling with them is to use as many Defense Boosts as possible, consume a meal that increases your defense and HP, get to level 99, and go into the fight with a Kupo Coin lol. We can do this! I am dying to continue the story and see what's after clearing the battles.

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I used like 10 Defense Boosts and I totally forgot about the food, so I went and made a meal that upped everything. That helped me get rid of Data Riku and Young Xehanort. I have no shame in also using the Kupo Coin lol.

UPDATE: I managed to take care of all the available data battles except Luxord and Xemnas (to quote Larxene - "Ugh. Xemnas.") Luxord I haven't attempted yet in this current state, but Xemnas... OMG. I tried him maybe 20 times and I legit feel to breakdown when he kills me on his last health bar. Xemnas goes crazy and makes it so hard for you to hit him because he's so busy hitting you from all over.

Anyway, my general advice to anyone that's struggling with them is to use as many Defense Boosts as possible, consume a meal that increases your defense and HP, get to level 99, and go into the fight with a Kupo Coin lol. We can do this! I am dying to continue the story and see what's after clearing the battles.

Good tip! I was thinking about going to do EZ Mode because this is incredibly tough and I literally just arrived to The Caribbean on the EZ Mode file (but I also have one Critical and one Proud save file that's already at the Limit Cut), but I really don't want to do the easy way out. So I'll try these methods! I'm LV63 on Critical with both Oathkeeper and Oblivion, so I'm gonna just do that. Young Xehanort and Larxene I've been able to get them to half-way, but their DMs demolish me.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I'm far from an expert, obviously, but I have managed to beat everyone so far and came up with a couple strategies. Not sure if they will help anyone but I'll try to type a few things out that I can remember off the top of my head.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I am dying to continue the story and see what's after clearing the battles.
...Pun intended?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Good tip! I was thinking about going to do EZ Mode because this is incredibly tough and I literally just arrived to The Caribbean on the EZ Mode file (but I also have one Critical and one Proud save file that's already at the Limit Cut), but I really don't want to do the easy way out. So I'll try these methods! I'm LV63 on Critical with both Oathkeeper and Oblivion, so I'm gonna just do that. Young Xehanort and Larxene I've been able to get them to half-way, but their DMs demolish me.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yeah, the meal boosts I completely forgot about. When I tried again and got Dark Riku down to his last bar, it made me feel confident enough to keep trying in this state and I got him.

I think the issue here is surviving long enough to pick up on their patterns. When I tried before without the defense boosts, I would just die and not even get a chance to pick up on their fighting pattern. But now that I can survive some hits, I realized what I need to do... although some people I just went crazy and smashed X and managed to kill them (Larxene and Marluxia). The only person that seems to change his fighting pattern is Vanitas towards the end, and it seems variably too (which is what made him so hard to kill for me). Sometimes on his last bar he will keep fighting his regular way and sometimes he will switch to some crazy fireball thing that will kill you if you don't pay attention (I accidentally killed him because my Ultima Weapon finish automatically went off while he was spamming me with fireballs).

Wallflower3582

These fights are mayhem. So far I've only beat Vanitas, after spending several hours on it, so he's the only one I can help you with, but I think the best advice for all of them is to learn their movesets and develop specific counters. (I'm on proud, level 99 with Ultima). Equip an accessory with freeze protection first. Eat food to boost your stats. And also, have a bunch of high potions on hand. Use them before you're down to 1 hp if at all possible. They take a moment to take effect, during which you can be killed, so save your cures for when you're literally on the brink of death.

Since this is long, I'll put it under a spoiler tag so it doesn't take up the whole page lol

Spoiler Spoiler Show

deScourge

Block everything and find their weak points. Don't stop attacking them until they snap away. Afterwards, cover up and pray for them to stop kicking you.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
These fights are mayhem. So far I've only beat Vanitas, after spending several hours on it, so he's the only one I can help you with, but I think the best advice for all of them is to learn their movesets and develop specific counters. (I'm on proud, level 99 with Ultima). Equip an accessory with freeze protection first. Eat food to boost your stats. And also, have a bunch of high potions on hand. Use them before you're down to 1 hp if at all possible. They take a moment to take effect, during which you can be killed, so save your cures for when you're literally on the brink of death.

Since this is long, I'll put it under a spoiler tag so it doesn't take up the whole page lol

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The only things I would add for Vanitas are that you can block the three initial slashes he starts the fight with and finish with a circle dodge command that comes up to pull a reversal and get a combo in from behind. Also, I found that if you’re close enough to Vanitas on the second set of energy beams, counter attacking after blocking the second beam will give you invincibility to get past the third beam and start a combo on him. It gives you a little more time to reach him than the third beam does. If you’re farther away, after the 2nd beam, you can airstep to him for the same effect. However, you deal more initial damage with the counter attack approach.

Also, you can even cancel his DM too if you airstep to him and attack him in time. It’s a bit easier to stop than when he just rides the Keyblades because he always warps to the center of the arena. Once you get him below half HP, be ready to aim the shotlock reticle to the center of the arena and warp to him. I simply couldn’t handle his DM, so it was definitely worth mastering for me. Lol

As for the ending combos, I just stay ready to block everything and don’t even try to attack unless he does the three jump slashes or the three energy beams that I know will give me an opening to attack.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I made it to Master Xehanort... Xion took like 3-4 hours. I tried Master Xehanort for maybe 2 hours and I don't think my hands can handle the insanity anymore for today lol. Even though I wish I could breeze straight to the story stuff and have these fights on the side, I like that they make you earn the story stuff that is allegedly after you clear the data battles.

Back