• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3: The Novel, Vol. 1: Re:Start!! cover revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The cover art for Kingdom Hearts III: The Novel, Vol. 1: Re:Start!! by Tomoco Kanemaki and published by Yen Press has been revealed!

Written by series novelist and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days scenario writer Tomoco Kanemaki and illustrated by manga artist Shiro Amano, the Kingdom Hearts 3 novel series is currently ongoing in Japan and expands on the lore that was presented in the 2019 game. With details on Sora's thoughts and feelings as he travels between worlds in order to gain the Power of Waking, Riku and Mickey's own journey through the Realm of Darkness to find Aqua, and added story elements that further connect to the overall lore being developed in Kingdom Hearts Unionχ [Cross], this novel is sure to be a great read for any Kingdom Hearts fan.

KINGDOM HEARTS III: The Novel, Vol. 1: Re:Start!!
Page Count: 192
Price: $14 USD
Release Date: February 25, 2020

After losing his strength in the Mark of Mastery exam, Sora sets out on another quest with Donald and Goofy to find the Power of Waking before the final clash with Master Xehanort. Meanwhile, Riku journeys into the realm of darkness to find Aqua, beginning the search for the rest of the seven guardians of light, and Kairi and Lea continue their training. The final chapter of the Dark Seeker Saga is about to begin!

AAA Anime | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Books-A-Million | Indigo | Indiebound | RightStuf

Remember to purchase a copy of the latest release in the Kingdom Hearts novel series, Kingdom Hearts X: Your Keyblade, Your Story! Also, don't forget to pick up a copy of Kingdom Hearts: The NovelChain of Memories: The NovelKingdom Hearts II: The Novel Volume 1 & Volume 2, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 DaysKingdom Hearts Birth By SleepKingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]and the Kingdom Hearts manga series by Shiro Amano!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I can't wait for this to come out. I gotta finish my DDD novel before I can tackle this one. I hope the KH3 novel tells the story better then the games did. So far the novels have been great reads for me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I can't wait for this to come out. I gotta finish my DDD novel before I can tackle this one. I hope the KH3 novel tells the story better then the games did. So far the novels have been great reads for me.

So far from what I've seen of summaries and bits of translations, it seems to definitely have more flow. We'll see how it goes in English, though xD

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So far from what I've seen of summaries and bits of translations, it seems to definitely have more flow. We'll see how it goes in English, though xD
Hopefully they'll also add whatever ReMind has coming as well. They can call it the ReMind Volume/chapters.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hopefully they'll also add whatever ReMind has coming as well. They can call it the ReMind Volume/chapters.

I would love that! She hasn't finished the KH3 novels, though. It's been over half a year since the last novel released so I imagine if she does get to ReMind content, it'd be next year once she finishes the Character Files and KH3.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I want to pre-order it, but the fact that KH3 will be released in several Kingdom Hearts X sized volumes annoys me. It'll make getting the story more expensive and look wierd among the other books that each contain a whole game (other than KH2).

Still I've enjoyed the story in the KH novels a lot so far, so I imagine I'll cave and get it eventually. I doubt they'll ever release a book version of KH3 containing all of it.

Edit: Just remembered that the KH2 novels don't even have the story arc of Herc losing his strength so I wonder how they'll work around that.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I want to pre-order it, but the fact that KH3 will be released in several Kingdom Hearts X sized volumes annoys me. It'll make getting the story more expensive and look wierd among the other books that each contain a whole game (other than KH2).

Still I've enjoyed the story in the KH novels a lot so far, so I imagine I'll cave and get it eventually. I doubt they'll ever release a book version of KH3 containing all of it.

Edit: Just remembered that the KH2 novels don't even have the story arc of Herc losing his strength so I wonder how they'll work around that.
Ya'know I was wondering that to. About the Herc thing. They'll probably just say it as a offscreen event that happened after Sora left. Wonder if Phil will have any words of dialogue here? I kinda like it when the novel sometimes does it's own thing, they are very small changes but I found they make the story run more smoothly, and they cut most of the filler. I'm curious how they'll do 100 Acre Woods since Sora's only been in once in COM, and it was a memory one.

I hear you about the size of the volumes, as I prefer the big mega novels myself. Still I plan to get this as soon as possible and collect all the KH3 novels. My excitement for these novles rivals my excitement for ReMind. I can't wait to see how Tomoco Kanemaki writes the Keyblade Graveyard segment, and to see how many illustrations Shiro Amano has for it.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Ya'know I was wondering that to. About the Herc thing. They'll probably just say it as a offscreen event that happened after Sora left. Wonder if Phil will have any words of dialogue here? I kinda like it when the novel sometimes does it's own thing, they are very small changes but I found they make the story run more smoothly, and they cut most of the filler. I'm curious how they'll do 100 Acre Woods since Sora's only been in once in COM, and it was a memory one.

I hear you about the size of the volumes, as I prefer the big mega novels myself. Still I plan to get this as soon as possible and collect all the KH3 novels. My excitement for these novles rivals my excitement for ReMind. I can't wait to see how Tomoco Kanemaki writes the Keyblade Graveyard segment, and to see how many illustrations Shiro Amano has for it.
I still feel confused about that inclusion in CoM. I suspect it might be skipped in KH3 seeing it doesn't factor into the overall plot. Plus the history isn't there to add the weight to it.

I'd say I'm still more excited for Re:Mind, but am also really looking forward to Kanemaki's adaption of the whole game including the DLC. She tells these stories in such a satisfying way, the changes she adds to the story really help express the characters' personality and the flow of the story. I expect that in the end the Manga and Novel will be my preferred versions of KH3's story, seeing both Kanemaki and Amano do such great jobs adapting the stories for the mediums.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Hey I just thought of something! You guys think Dilan and Aeleus will actually speak in the Novels? Don't need voice actors and the Novels usually add more to the characters so you think we'll hear these two speak? That would be interesting to here their thoughts on Riku and Mickey's quest and with Ansem the Wise's return.

Edit: Maybe Aeleus can explain what happened between him and Roxas. Though we all know what it was. Limit Breaks last legs.

Last edited:
Back