• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Christy Carlson Romano, voice of Yuffie, plays Kingdom Hearts and reflects on role

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Christy Carlson Romano, the original voice of Yuffie in Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, recently posted a video to her YouTube account where she plays Kingdom Hearts for the first time ever and reflects on her experience recording her lines for Yuffie. Check it out below:

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Last edited by a moderator:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I haven't had time to watch the video yet, but I'm excited. I already commented on it, though--saying how I'd always hoped she might do this and things like that--and posted about this on Tumblr, so that people know there too:)

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
That's awesome although It makes me more curious on who would voice Yuffie for Kingdom Hearts III: ReMind?

Cause the last time Yuffie had English dialogue was in Dirge of Cerberus where Mae Whitman (who also voiced Yuffie in Kingdom Hearts II) last voiced Yuffie and Romano last voiced her in Advent Children.

It's possible Mae Whitman may voice Yuffie again, although I'd be surprised if they recast Yuffie with a different voice actress (not the one from the FFVII remake) much like how Hayner, Pence and Olette had their original actors from Kingdom Hearts II recasted for Kingdom Hearts III.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Very cool to have the original VA, especially from 15 years ago. That has to be a cool milestone.

Also strange if this is really her first time playing the game. I’m sure she heard the playbacks, but you’re in game played by millions. It’s like being in a commercial, but never watching it lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Very cool to have the original VA, especially from 15 years ago. That has to be a cool milestone.

Also strange if this is really her first time playing the game. I’m sure she heard the playbacks, but you’re in game played by millions. It’s like being in a commercial, but never watching it lol

Well, at that time I’m fairly certain she was constantly busy. She probably didn’t have time to play games while working on films and projects and trying to go to school.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Yeah, unfortunately a lot of voice overs don't have time to go back and experience the work they've done, even commercial work, especially if that's their niche in bookings and if they are flush with overlapping projects. I totally understand her not being able to devote time to an RPG of all things.

That was a fun watch. I always liked her performance as Yuffie. I enjoy Mae Whitman in the role too, but I thought the recast was unnecessary. I'm not privvy to why there was an exchange though. Interesting that they directed Christy to be more soft, when, by comparison, she is still sassier-sounding than a majority of the voices we hear in KH. Exceeded only by Her Majesty, Queen Donald.

"Can I attack her?" :ROFLMAO:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This was a really fun watch, I didn't know Yuffie and Kim Possible shared a VA. I wouldn't mind seeing her reactions and reminiscing to the later scenes she voiced back then.

It'd be nice if she got to reprise the role for Re:Mind. But I guess she would have probably mentioned that in the video, if she did get to do so.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This was a really fun watch, I didn't know Yuffie and Kim Possible shared a VA. I wouldn't mind seeing her reactions and reminiscing to the later scenes she voiced back then.

It'd be nice if she got to reprise the role for Re:Mind. But I guess she would have probably mentioned that in the video, if she did get to do so.

It’s been years since she was Yuffie. They had recast the role with Mae Whitman who played her for Dirge of Cerberus and KH2, so I imagine they will hire Mae Whitman again if she is available or they will recast the role again.

Both Christy and Mae are fantastic Yuffies, though.

Xagzan

Awards
Yeah, unfortunately a lot of voice overs don't have time to go back and experience the work they've done, even commercial work, especially if that's their niche in bookings and if they are flush with overlapping projects. I totally understand her not being able to devote time to an RPG of all things.

That was a fun watch. I always liked her performance as Yuffie. I enjoy Mae Whitman in the role too, but I thought the recast was unnecessary. I'm not privvy to why there was an exchange though. Interesting that they directed Christy to be more soft, when, by comparison, she is still sassier-sounding than a majority of the voices we hear in KH. Exceeded only by Her Majesty, Queen Donald.

"Can I attack her?" :ROFLMAO:

Well no one ever accused Square Enix's dubbing teams of overvaluing vocal consistency 😏

Back