• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MoM Is Satan?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I've been thinking about the direction of the series lately and I feel like there is some metaphorical stuff going on with the MoM and the Foretellers. With the Foretellers being named after a deadly sin, it made me think of other biblical references. The MoM describes a traitor, kind of like the Judas situation with Jesus. I'm not saying it's an exact replica of the Christian stories in the bible, it just seems like there are Christian references/inspiration being used for the new saga.

Another factor that really makes me think that is the introduction of The Final World and Shibuya. The World Ends With You featured angels and a lot of spiritual elements. KH also seems to actually acknowledge real death now and there's even a special heartless to usher hearts to the darkest depths (The Lich).

So I don't think the MoM is actually Satan, but I think his role in the saga will be similar to Satan's role in biblical stories -- an agent of chaos. We see the MoM manipulating Young Xehanort, the Foretellers, and he may even end up trying to use Sora. He also seems to have an agenda specifically relating to Kingdom Hearts that isn't "take over the world". Maybe there is something beyond Kingdom Hearts that he has an issue with (like the "creator"/God type character?)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Nah, we've already seen that guy:

Profile_-_Chernabog.jpeg

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I've always thought that KH has borrowed heavily from Milton in almost every game. The first, Xehanort ('Satan') 'rebels' against Ansem the Wise (here, 'God'). The second, Xemnas (again, a Satanic figure) and the Organization resent being ostracized from the rest of Paradise - relegated to the Hell that is TWTNW.

I mean this largely has to do with the fact that most epics take their cues from Milton but I've noticed it with KH a lot specifically.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
There was also Christian allegory in Scala ad Caelum and the final battle that took place in it.

Xehanort wears a black satanic armor complete with the Goat Head and horns. He could parallel Satan who was also banished from heaven. Not to mention he was defeated by a Holy Trinity attack

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think these are all just coincidence that could be influenced by story elements that are popular in various cultures. I can see the resemblances, but it could be possible it's all a coincidence.

Granted, I don't think it's a coincidence that all of the Foretellers are named after a sin, including Luxu, and that the MoM's name could be Super/Superbia.

Where all that leads, I don't know, but it's possible that sin = darkness and their purpose is to summon the darkness for... whatever reason

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
There was also Christian allegory in Scala ad Caelum and the final battle that took place in it.

Xehanort wears a black satanic armor complete with the Goat Head and horns. He could parallel Satan who was also banished from heaven. Not to mention he was defeated by a Holy Trinity attack
Scala ad Caelum also meaning "stairway to heaven" and the imagery there was kind of convincing too.

When I found out that Xehanort's keyblade was officially named Goat of Atonement, that made me really think about the goat in the bible. There's a differentiation between goats and sheep -- where the sheep are the righteous and the goats are the wicked.

Also, χ (Chi) is used to represent "Christ" in Xmas.. So the X-Blade is literally the "Christ-blade".

I know that there's often times symbols/story ideas borrowed from the bible (since it's a collection of some of the oldest stories around) and I'm not saying that KH is some religious game or anything. I was actually going off those symbols/story ideas to kind of figure out the direction of the MoM and the Foretellers saga.

The way I would like it to go would be the Xehanort Saga being a look at how this external battle (like the war between God/Satan behind the scenes) affected ordinary people's lives and the worlds. But the battle has come to its climax and has pulled those ordinary people into it -- which will be the Foretellers saga. I think that would help differentiate the sagas' vibes and also sort of "correct" the story. The Xehanort saga was a look at more interpersonal drama, but the Foretellers saga can be a grand scale epic and really have the main story elements folded into the Disney worlds and/or weave a cohesive story throughout each game. I think that would help explain/justify why the earlier games had the Disney worlds feel disconnected from the main story.

legacier

Awards
You can find tons of parallels if you look hard enough. It's up to you to judge which ones are intentional.
  • The first keyblade war (war in heaven) led the world into darkness (sin). The book of prophecies (Bible) predicted an equally devastating keyblade war (the end times), ushered in by Xehanort (Antichrist).
  • Sora is characterized by love, forgiveness, and positive influence. He offers salvation to those who are lost He's Jesus.
  • Sora's moment of despair in the keyblade graveyard is the Passion of Christ. He dies soon after (crucifixion) but is resurrected, having saved his friends' hearts.
  • Later, he crosses over again, but voluntarily—just as Jesus entered heaven alive.
  • Luxu (Lucifer) was the Master's (God's) most trusted acolyte, but was cast out of heaven (Daybreak Town).

darknessofheart

Awards
I don't know, I honestly don't think MoM is a bad guy at all and might even become something of a mentor and ally to Sora, though not right away. The more we learn about him, the more his actions make sense to me.

I keep going back to Yen Sid's original explanation of how the Keyblade War first started; that the first legions of darkness crafted keyblades and waged a war for control over Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts X seemed to have completely contradicted that story, but now that we know X was the end of the war, not the beginning, that origin story might still be perfectly intact.

What is the first true admirer of darkness, the first form of darkness, crafted the first keyblade, assembled an army comprised of other wielders and human forms of darkness that he created, and began the war to seize control of Kingdom Hearts, while other fractions were created and rose up to prevent the darkness from taking over. MoM was just a young boy but was forced into the conflict and became one of the few survivors; he saw his family, friends, and allies all die. His personality begins to make more sense as his outlandish behavior could be his way of coping with what he went through and what he still has to do (similar to Ansem's quote "I could only laugh to hide my shame."). So, he took the original keyblade for himself, helped to rebuild the world, but then realized the war never truly ended so he took it upon himself to end it, using recruited apprentices to do so.

Everything in X was simply to find the most worthy wielders and have them escape to a safe place while he went on to other wordlines to instigate events to find other warriors in the future to fight a looming threat. Xehanort unknowingly helped in finding and even molding these warriors through his plans while Xigbar observed and tested them. I'm sure MoM did something similar in the world Yozora comes from. Yozora has been through multiple journeys just like Sora, eventually ending up at the same place and I would like to think this is where they will encounter MoM for a final test and hear his proposition to be recruited into his inner circle.

I just find this makes a lot more sense and would be so much more compelling than the MoM simply being another bad guy. The next threat is something far worse, so bad that MoM felt justified in everything he did and needed an army comprised of warriors from multiple realities and timelines to fight it.

Last edited:
Back