• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Future outfits

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Heyooo

Do you guys think Sora, Riku and Kairi will get more redesigns like they've been getting for every main entry of the franchise?

I think they should stay like they are, and if the players wants variety, they could have the Wardrobe option from 0.2 return and sorta have the player customize Sora's appearance. Perhaps make DLC for this?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think they will get new outfits for each major entry in the next saga. Though character customization will hopefully be a thing for players who want to spice up their outfits.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Roxas definitely needs a redesign, because he feels outdated next to all his friends. All the others unless there's a major timeskip, I don't mind if they don't change much. Hopefully Riku keeps his Noctis' haircut until the end!

KeybladeLordSora

Motivation.
Awards
Roxas definitely needs a redesign, because he feels outdated next to all his friends. All the others unless there's a major timeskip, I don't mind if they don't change much. Hopefully Riku keeps his Noctis' haircut until the end!
I don't think Roxas needs a redesign. Mostly because his casual outfit has been overshadowed by his Organization attire for a decade with 90 percent of it's usage being in KH2's prologue and his last scene in that game.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I don't think Roxas needs a redesign. Mostly because his casual outfit has been overshadowed by his Organization attire for a decade with 90 percent of it's usage being in KH2's prologue and his last scene in that game.
I get that, but... It's still dated. Cringeingly so next to his friends, who ALL have new clothes more in line with Nomura's current style. It stuck out SO hard in the ending of KH3 when they all sat on that Clock Tower, and I was honestly just... confused. I mean, it's literally the exact same clothing he was born in, and he's matured so much since then. It would just thematically make sense that he'd get a new outfit to better illustrate that growth and start of a new life.

Also, there's the added benefit that a new attire would help differentiate him from Ventus on a visual level even further.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
It's Naminé that needs a new outfit. I don't know how long she's going to keep wearing that white rag.

Roxas needs to update. He screams skater boy of the 2000s.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I think it's a given Sora, Riku and Kairi are going to keep getting new outfits. Everyone else we'll have to see. Roxas looks so outdated next to all his friends. I'm surprised they didn't update him. I wonder if Terra, Aqua, and Ventus will also get some new outfits too for the future? They still have their decade old clothing too.
Edit: There needs to be a KH short of Roxas shopping in Twilight Town for new clothing and the one serving him is the Organization Moogle XD

Last edited:

KeybladeLordSora

Motivation.
Awards
It's Naminé that needs a new outfit. I don't know how long she's going to keep wearing that white rag.
Well now that she's free to do whatever and is her own person, a redesign isn't far off now.

I get that, but... It's still dated. Cringeingly so next to his friends, who ALL have new clothes more in line with Nomura's current style. It stuck out SO hard in the ending of KH3 when they all sat on that Clock Tower, and I was honestly just... confused. I mean, it's literally the exact same clothing he was born in, and he's matured so much since then. It would just thematically make sense that he'd get a new outfit to better illustrate that growth and start of a new life.

Also, there's the added benefit that a new attire would help differentiate him from Ventus on a visual level even further.
Hm, maybe go the HPO route and update the outfit itself rather than ditch it completely. Make it new but still recognizable. Lengthen the sleeves, change the color, and the like. The pants definitely need an overhaul tho.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Please give Donald and Goofy new outfits. They should have gotten them in KH3

I always envisioned Namine wearing a white blouse with jeans after coming back for some reason, lol

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Roxas looks so outdated next to all his friends. I'm surprised they didn't update him.
Right?! That honestly caught me off guard when I first saw it.
I wonder if Terra, Aqua, and Ventus will also get some new outfits too for the future? They still have their decade old clothing too.
The saving grace with the Wayfinder Trio is that they're outfits are actually uniform and traditionally made for Keyblade Weilders, so they still feel appropriate even after so much time. Especially with the series diving more into ancient times.

Even though I'd absolutely love to see them get new outfits, they might be the only ones I don't mind staying the same next to Donald and Goofy.
There needs to be a KH short of Roxas shopping in Twilight Town for new clothing and the one serving him is the Organization Moogle XD
Cannonically, the Organization Moogle actually defected along with Roxas and followed him to Twilight Town; also acting as one of Roxas' last stops before his battle with Xion. I bet Roxas is still his favorite customer, lol.

Hm, maybe go the HPO route and update the outfit itself rather than ditch it completely. Make it new but still recognizable. Lengthen the sleeves, change the color, and the like. The pants definitely need an overhaul tho.
That could work. Though ideally I'd personally prefer a blend between both of his old outfits, with a few new details. For example, rather than having the outfit be dominantly white like the TT attire, or black like the Org. cloak, his new outfit should be varying shades of grey with some black, white, and red accents. I'd also update the shoes just a bit, and it only makes sense for him to keep rocking the hoodie, along with his usual checkerboard motif and "X" necklace/zipperpull (I'm fine with either).

Also, glad everyone seems to universally agree Roxas' pants desperately need a change. XD

Last edited:

KeybladeLordSora

Motivation.
Awards
That could work. Though ideally I'd personally prefer a blend between both of his old outfits, with a few new details. For example, rather than having the outfit be dominantly white like the TT attire, or black like the Org. cloak, his new outfit should be varying shades of grey with some black, white, and red accents. I'd also update the shoes just a bit, and it only makes sense for him to keep rocking the hoodie, along with his usual checkerboard motif and "X" necklace/zipperpull (I'm fine with either).

Also, glad everyone seems to universally agree Roxas' pants desperately need a change. XD
So something like this?
apa60pja26221.jpg

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Right?! That honestly caught me off guard when I first saw it.

The saving grace with the Wayfinder Trio is that they're outfits are actually uniform and traditionally made for Keyblade Weilders, so they still feel appropriate even after so much time. Especially with the series diving more into ancient times.

Even though I'd absolutely love to see them get new outfits, they might be the only ones I don't mind staying the same next to Donald and Goofy.

Cannonically, the Organization Moogle actually defected along with Roxas and followed him to Twilight Town; also acting as one of Roxas' last stops before his battle with Xion. I bet Roxas is still his favorite customer, lol.

I want that Moogle to be RAX's mascot the way the Chirithy is for TAV. It can happen, lol.

On the topic of new outfits I think I'm more curious about new hairstyles. A easy way to separate Ventus and Roxas is to give one or both new haircuts for the future games. I wouldn't mind seeing Lea with shorter hair for a game or two and Xion with slightly longer hair. She'd look like a black haired KH2 Kairi with long hair. I could also see Terra growing a beard and getting teased for it.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
So something like this?
apa60pja26221.jpg
DING DING DING
I've got no shame in admitting this, was actually the fanart that had me wishing Roxas would get a new outfit in KH3 before the game launched. Seeing as how his whole storyline was about coming back as his own true individual for the first time, him getting a new design seemed like a no brainer. Which is why I was so shocked when he was literally the only one from his group that didn't get a design change. Talk about bad luck, lol.

Also, DaYenrz did such an amazing job with this one. Easily one my favorite fan designs for a KH original character.

I want that Moogle to be RAX's mascot the way the Chirithy is for TAV. It can happen, lol.
I wasn't even aware that was a thing, but yes please! XD

On the topic of new outfits I think I'm more curious about new hairstyles. A easy way to separate Ventus and Roxas is to give one or both new haircuts for the future games. I wouldn't mind seeing Lea with shorter hair for a game or two and Xion with slightly longer hair. She'd look like a black haired KH2 Kairi with long hair. I could also see Terra growing a beard and getting teased for it.
Yeah, that's another option too. Personally, while I definitely see the appeal (I'm a fan of Sora's new hair), I think their current hairstyles are just too cemented in my mind for me to picture them any way else, so I'm honestly not sure. Hopefully someone else can weigh in on that a bit more.

That said, I also think that, aside from hairstyles and clothing, one thing the cast desperately needs more of is variation in eye color. It's a such quick, easy change, but it can go so far in giving the characters more individualality in their design (since eye color is such a fundamental thing to alter). Ventus is already represented by the color green through his Wayfinder and wind powerset, so why not just give him green eyes? I've seen people make those edits, and he actually looks really good with them! Also, with this in mind, I can picture Roxas having turquoise eyes, being a mix between Ven and Sora's, and if not that, some dark purple eyes (which are surprisingly rare in this series) would fit well too. Or heck, if we wanna go back to his original look in deep dive, I could even see him with some yellow or amber eyes, but it wouldn't be my first pick.

In terms of the rest, I recently saw edits that had Aqua with Orchid colored eyes, and the way they contrast the blue in the rest of her design looks absolutely stunning. Although more mundane, giving her grey eyes would also be an interesting choice, and even make her more closely resemble Eraqus (which makes sense, since she's bassically his successor). Namine would look nice with some light purple eyes (like Kairi has sometimes). If Vanitas ever returned, giving him back his original red eyes only seems appropriate, ya know?

I don't have many other colors in mind for the rest of the cast, so I'd be curious to here some other people's ideas on that.

Last edited:

KeybladeLordSora

Motivation.
Awards
Y'know, I gots an idea not exactly related to outfits but related to the individuality bit.

Now that Roxas is back, he's likely to get another solo game. Same with the other characters.

If we really wanna step up the individuality thing, how about having each trio have their own gameplay?

Games with Sora and co. get Command Menu

BBSTrio games get Command Deck

and Sea Salt Fam gets Stylish Action/Character Action/Devilnetta/Cuhrayzee Games.

And yes I'm counting Namine as Sea Salt Fam.

Plus it would give Quinton an excuse to yell "DEAD ON" like Raiden again.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think they will get new outfits for each major entry in the next saga. Though character customization will hopefully be a thing for players who want to spice up their outfits.
Something tells me that, if each new entry is going to have less waiting time between them, then I don't think an outfit change will happen.

Also, maybe give us the option of having Sora have his hood on?

Yeah. Roxas' design is as old as Sora's first one, haha.

This is a good point, but still, I think Roxas should get a redesign.

But God, let it not be the same boring one that Lea and Xion got.

Oh yeah, LOL. Namine is so simplistic, that maybe they'll have her use the same dress, but with some added details?

And LOL maybe that was the point, seeing as how it was Roxas' scenario that featured the skateboard in KH2.

Please give Donald and Goofy new outfits. They should have gotten them in KH3
I think they're sticking with their outfits. If they haven't received an update, I don't think they ever will.

They can give us the option of letting us use their Disney Castle outfits, though.

I always envisioned Namine wearing a white blouse with jeans after coming back for some reason, lol
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........... I dunno, I just can't see her with jeans, but maybe that's just me.

I wonder if Terra, Aqua, and Ventus will also get some new outfits too for the future? They still have their decade old clothing too.
I will only accept a Terra wardrobe change if it has him use Apprentice Xehanort's attire. xD

There needs to be a KH short of Roxas shopping in Twilight Town for new clothing and the one serving him is the Organization Moogle XD
Plot-twist: Twilight Town Moogle was actually the Organization!Moogle all along. "Xooglem"

I think they'll just give Ven the shorter hair treatment he has in KHUx.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I don't see SRK getting outfits anytime soon, but customization should become an option on the principle that we had it in 0.2 and Shibuya is fashion/style-oriented.

But Namine and Roxas should get new clothes. Namine can't wear that white dress forever and Roxas looks so out of place now.

He needs to go through this.

But God, let it not be the same boring one that Lea and Xion got.
Xion's is just a better version of Kairi's. I wish she was given shorts like this but bigger to reflect Sora and give a more distinctive silhouette:
61ize9mt2fL._UL1024_.jpg

But Lea's comes off so much like a placeholder, which could even be the real reason why he didn't wear a new outfit during the game. The best thing about it is it doesn't have a flame pattern.

I like Isa's well enough, but it's the camo pattern that makes it. Silhouette not so much. Lea also suffers from that.

Twilight Town Moogle was actually the Organization!Moogle all along. "Xooglem"
I'd love this.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I actually don't like Lea's and Xion's new outfits because they remind me too much of the organization coat.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I don't see SRK getting outfits anytime soon, but customization should become an option on the principle that we had it in 0.2 and Shibuya is fashion/style-oriented.
This. I don't see another major change till a hypothetical "KH4", or whatever it's equivalent would be. Cosmetic options akin to what we got in 0.2 would honestly be a welcome addition for any future KH title.

Xion's is just a better version of Kairi's. I wish she was given shorts like this but bigger to reflect Sora and give a more distinctive silhouette:
61ize9mt2fL._UL1024_.jpg
I see.. That actually wouldn't look half bad. I always thought that Xion, being Xion, should have a more active design in general, with clothing closer to Aqua's than Kairi's (i.e. pants or shorts rather than a skirt, though some nice black leggings could work too). Other than that, giving Xion black nails would also help her hands stand out from the abundance of gloves, bracelets, and rings (in the case of Roxas) on the rest of the cast. I could also see her or Namine rocking a sleeveless jean jacket.
7d75353e-2d3e-428b-8784-a99eb5b7bc9c_1.6bc541a01b16662959d02ad2f4f1196b.jpeg

On the subject:
That honestly wouldn't look too bad either (the blue complimenting the white pretty well). Though if the jeans are too shaggy, like with Roxas' TT pants, it could give her more of a "street"-vibe, and I'm not quite sure how accurately that'd reflect to her personality. In general, I'm honestly really curious how Namine would go about expressing herself, seeing as how she's never worn anything but that "white rag", and fashion could be a really good way for her to express her more artistic muscles. She's a natural born artist afterall.

Y'know, I gots an idea not exactly related to outfits but related to the individuality bit.

Now that Roxas is back, he's likely to get another solo game. Same with the other characters.

If we really wanna step up the individuality thing, how about having each trio have their own gameplay?

Games with Sora and co. get Command Menu

BBSTrio games get Command Deck

and Sea Salt Fam gets Stylish Action/Character Action/Devilnetta/Cuhrayzee Games.

And yes I'm counting Namine as Sea Salt Fam.

Plus it would give Quinton an excuse to yell "DEAD ON" like Raiden again.
Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing! Though a Re: Coded Sequel would also be a good opportunity to perfect the Command Deck, seeing as how well the original adapted it.

If the series went the "ensemble drama" route (which it won't, but it's still fun to picture) one excellent way to capitalize on the large cast would be to have them develop their own unique styles of gameplay, which would allow the series to become more diverse and multi-facated on just as much a gameplay level, as on a story one. Such a move would also naturally keep the game's fresh, and help attract more types of RPG fans. If the X trilogy, for example, was ever turned into an official console game, I could see it being more turn-based rather than action based, which could be a breath of fresh air for the series.

Overall, I think it's better for Nomura to go this route rather than trying to cram a bunch of elements from all the games into one system. I get some might disagree on that, but I just think there are more benefits that way.

Last edited:

Any

Awards
Naminé should wear this
4521A577-DE5B-4ABF-A8B3-BC10685C894A.jpeg

Or This but the plaid should match her color scheme, which are white, blue, or yellow. Specifically, light pastel colors. And her shirt should have a tiny star design on it or she could wear a star necklace + a star bracelet
F8D0DEB2-7DCA-4D2E-939A-2EF489F8D2C4.jpeg

Her shoe (it could any color if it matches the outfit)
3F161ACF-CBA4-4761-A5B0-8EE68B20813D.jpeg

I am not a good artist but this is how my concept of Nami’s new outfit would be like
6EB48265-4A88-4203-9FB5-84E0474C6A87.png

Last edited:
Back