• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III demo out today for Xbox One and PS4!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Today at Inside Xbox 2019, KINGODM HEARTS Executive Producer Ichiro Hazama announced that a free demo for KINGDOM HEARTS III will be available today on both Xbox One and Playstation 4! 

Our worlds are under attack. Only you can stand against the darkness, Keyblade wielder!

Download this demo to join Sora, Donald and Goofy and start your KINGDOM HEARTS journey. Dive into the action-packed gameplay by traveling to Olympus to team up with Disney’s Hercules and save the citizens of Thebes from the Heartless attack. Continue your quest in the Toy Box World, inspired by Disney●Pixar’s Toy Story. Search for Andy with Woody and Buzz Lightyear while exploring Andy’s Room and Galaxy Toys. Take a break from the action to watch the Memory Archives and catch up with the story of the previous KINGDOM HEARTS games.

If the players purchase the full version of KINGDOM HEARTS III, they will be able to transfer their save data from the Olympus world to the full version of the game.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Good Marketing for the XBOne collection release and the upcoming DLC. Something tells me that it's possible we might get Re:MIND a month from now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The description of this demo really understates the content they actually provided. It is really the full opening of the game (minus "Face My Fears" lol) all the way through Olympus. This is a very generous demo (although not as generous as DQXIS's 10 hour demo haha)

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This is a good way to generate a bit more hype for the games and increase the install base for when they drop the DLC, which is hopefully not to long from now.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I am glad that they're doing something to get sales up. After all the bad reviews and hate KH3 got, I was hoping it would end the year with the one thing haters/reviewers couldn't take away from it -- best selling game of 2019 (IE a fact). I need KH3 to sell more and reclaim its spot as best selling game of 2019.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am glad that they're doing something to get sales up. After all the bad reviews and hate KH3 got, I was hoping it would end the year with the one thing haters/reviewers couldn't take away from it -- best selling game of 2019 (IE a fact). I need KH3 to sell more and reclaim its spot as best selling game of 2019.

That won’t be happening lol, but also the game reviewed really well so I’m confused haha

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
That won’t be happening lol, but also the game reviewed really well so I’m confused haha
I'm hoping a Disney marketing blitz, plus ReMIND, plus Frozen 2 will help boost KH3's sales. If it got reviewed so well, why was it ignored at every game awards show?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
why was it ignored at every game awards show?
From what I could gather from Reddit, each gaming journalism site meets with its team and they decide which games to nominate. Obviously, if a company sent more review copies and earlier than the rest of the other devs, then of course that game will have more consideration. Say for example, Sony sent various review copies of Death Stranding and very early. Meanwhile, Square Enix took their sorry little time and only sent a couple. This is what we're dealing with.

In the reality of it all, I don't think KINGDOM HEARTS III will win Game of the Year. Will it be nominated to various categories? Yes. Will it win some? Sure.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm hoping a Disney marketing blitz, plus ReMIND, plus Frozen 2 will help boost KH3's sales. If it got reviewed so well, why was it ignored at every game awards show?

I mean, it’ll boost sales by a few thousand but no way is KH3 selling a few million more copies to beat out Call of Duty, NBA 2020, and Madden 20. That isn’t even in the realm of possibility.

Games that review well don’t necessarily mean they will get nominated or even win awards from events, websites, and companies that issue out awards. KH3 has won awards, though. It won a ton of awards at E3 2018 and got Outstanding Performance at TGS 2019.

There aren’t any game award shows except the The Game Awards and that isn’t until December.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Took this opportunity to see what KH3 looked like on Vita Remote Play. It only lasted about a minute before it crashed.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Because it's a beautiful and fun game, but not revolutionary or ground-breaking. Kingdom Hearts has waited for an entire generation to be on a home console and hasn't evolved much. Should it win awards? Probably. Should it clean up? No. This series will never be a trophy magnet unless it really, truly, breaks from form and totally evolves itself into something new.

Japanese games have been criticized for this, but I think that we're slowly getting back to a sort of cultural parity. We'll see what happens, but so long as KH continues to have the same team directing it, it's not going anywhere.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Guess it went from Vita to Morte...
& for that hot minute, the video quality was certainly far worse than what a Switch version would ever look like. How can it be both blurry & pixelated at the same time? How is that even possible?!

Back