• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why were world’s restored after Ansem SoD defeat?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

keybladeblue6

Several times throughout the ending section of KH1 it is said that Ansem’s defeat will bring about the restoration of the worlds swallowed by darkness and the state of all worlds before will go back to their original state guarded by walls. And that is what is interpreted in the last scene before the credits roll.

By why does this happen? It is never brought up again after it happens, and I haven’t seen an explanation on any site or forum.

okhi12

Awards
It was not Ansem's defeat. He was a threat and had to be stopped, but the worlds were restored because the Door to Darkness was sealed, preventing darkness from overflooding the remaining worlds and returning to the realm of light the ones that were swallowed. It's a bit of a contradiction because the worlds returned when the door was CLOSED, but that's how it is. After all, it was the hearts of the captive worlds that were freed and hearts are able to trascend space and time.
I guess that closing the DTD is similar to the power of waking in KH3, the hearts of the lost worlds were awakened and restored to their former, rightful place. Why some worlds remained asleep and didn't come back, is a mystery.

At the time of KH1 I liked to think that the whole "there is light within the deepest darkness" story had something to do and when Sora said 'Kingdom Hearts is light' that light not only destroyed Ansem but also was the catalyst to bring the worlds back. But that was only my interpretation.

Elliekey13

Awards
It's because the darkness was breaking down the walls guarding the worlds, and getting rid of the darkness would allow the world barriers to be restored. Because Ansem was the one controlling the darkness at the time it was just summed up into "kill Ansem, fix the worlds". I also believe it was because Sora and co ended up closing the door to darkness and that was where the darkness was coming from. So with the door closed, no new darkness could get in to mess with the worlds anymore.

Back