• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dark Aqua, Lea with Keyblade, and Kairi with Keyblade Funko POPs revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Funko has revealed BoxLunch's exclusive Dark Aqua POP! figure, Hot Topic's exclusive Lea with Keyblade POP! figure, and their Specialty Series exclusive KH3 Kairi with Keyblade POP! figure which will release later this year.

In order to get Kairi with Keyblade, fans will have to request that the figure be ordered by any local hobby store, comic store, or specialty store. Kairi with Keyblade will not be available at larger retailers. 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union X[cross], Kingdom Hearts III, and all things related to Kingdom Hearts

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
MORE FUNKO'S 😁
Looking at this, are there any Keyblade wielders who aren't predominantly right handed? Cause I think I've seen pretty much every character make a pose like that at one point, lol

Also, and I'm not asking this to be rude, I'm just genuinely curious:
Why make spend money to make so much merch on a throw away concept like Dark Aqua? She's already barely in the game, and honestly doesn't have much weight or impact on anything. So is she really that marketable? Just find it a little odd... Vissually speaking though, she does have a pretty cool design, and it translates surprisingly well as a Funko POP figure. So I gotta give them props for that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
MORE FUNKO'S 😁
Looking at this, are there any Keyblade wielders who aren't predominantly right handed? Cause I think I've seen pretty much every character make a pose like that at one point, lol

Also, and I'm not asking this to be rude, I'm just genuinely curious:
Why make spend money to make so much merch on a throw away concept like Dark Aqua? She's already barely in the game, and honestly doesn't have much weight or impact on anything. So is she really that marketable? Just find it a little odd... Vissually speaking though, she does have a pretty cool design, and it translates surprisingly well as a Funko POP figure. So I gotta give them props for that.

I mean, it doesn't cost much money at all. They already have Aqua's mold for her regular design. Once you have that base, it's easy to try to maximize its use by having alternate designs based on it. It saves money in the end because they don't have to start from scratch, which is why they likely chose Dark Aqua.

Also her design is appealing, yes. Within the context of the game, yeah it was a big "It's fucking nothing" plot line, but any Aqua fan will go "shit I need that" because its Aqua and it is still a cool concept.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I mean, it doesn't cost much money at all. They already have Aqua's mold for her regular design. Once you have that base, it's easy to try to maximize its use by having alternate designs based on it. It saves money in the end because they don't have to start from scratch, which is why they likely chose Dark Aqua.

Also her design is appealing, yes. Within the context of the game, yeah it was a big "It's fucking nothing" plot line, but any Aqua fan will go "shit I need that" because its Aqua and it is still a cool concept.
Aw, I see. I was never really sure what factors dictated what Funko's were produced, but that actually explains quite a bit. Though it admittedly should've been obvious that making variations of any particular figure (ex. "shiny" or "golden") wouldn't really cost you much more or less to produce it if you're using the same mold anyway. Too bad they can't just do that with all of Sora's Form Changes (blasted Keyblade Transformations!), Lol

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Is it weird how I like the little Destiny's Embrace more than the normal-sized one? I can't place why but it just somehow goes better with Funko Pop Kairi than normal DE goes with Kairi.

Veevee

Awards
I agree with Spockanort on this. Her Dark Aqua plotline was stupid, pointless and a red herring, but I love the design. Had Kingdom Hearts better writing, she could have a Yami Yugi / Yugi like relationship with her dark side in following games where both are basically two sides of one coin and respect each other for that. One can dream.

Back