• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Chamber of Repose

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Is anyone else bothered that we didn’t get any explanation for this room and it’s meaning? And Xigbar told Zexion that he heard someone else talking with Xemnas in there.

I almost thought it could be related to Subject X, but seeing as Ansem tried to get ATW to tell him where she is, I doubt it is related. ...Unless Xemnas was keeping it a secret to himself.

I would’ve figured with Ienzo, Dilan, and Aeleus returning, that they might have found it. I would love to see this happen in DLC, but I find it extremely unlikely.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It’s possible it was the means by which Terra-Xehanort could contact Aqua in the RoD. Other than that, the chambers seem to have become forgotten relics, which is a damn shame considering how much speculation went into them.

ok sunny

Awards
I forgot all about the Chamber of Repose. It seemed like it could have important plot point for a bit, but maybe it was just created to elaborate on Xemnas/Terranort's character a bit in relation to Ventus and Aqua (???). But to argue that, things like this aren't often added to the KH lore for no simple reason anyway.

I usually just thought it might've been a way for Xemnas to reach Ven somehow, considering its relation to the Chamber of Waking. Aqua's armor chillin in the room was probably just a hint at their relationship. Regardless, I feel like the second voice speaking to him probably wasn't Ven or even Aqua; at least I'd like to think it was someone else.

Last edited:

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Wasn't it stated that Xemnas simply built the Chamber of Repose as a mirror to the Chamber of Waking? I believe Zexion called it his "usual spot," implying that he goes there regularly to talk with Aqua's armor (as we see him do in a final mix cutscene), which he presumably moved back there so as to have some level of privacy when discussing things with her/it. Only realistic reason I could see for him wanting to do that though is just so that no one gets a glimpse into his true motivations and/or character by eavesdropping. It's VERY important that maintains that demeanor of cold, absolute competence whenever around the other members, so as to both intimidate them, and also make it seem as if he always has things under control (or at the very least isn't phased when issues arise). In fact, one of the only more casual conversations I can remember Xemnas having with any other Organization memeber, would be his 1 on 1 talk with Roxas at the dark margin. That interaction seemed noticibly less rigid and professional than any later talks they have, and Xemnas seems more interested in hearing Roxas' thoughts on Sora than giving any orders or opinions himself (which is interesting, as one could look at this as Xemnas talking to one of his subordinates on a more equal level, but the conversation is relatively short, so we don't get to see where it might have gone). In any case, Xemnas had several personal agenda's he didn't want anyone knowing about (like his memories of Terra and Xehanort and how that motivated him to reunite with Ven, the plan with the thirteen Seekers, the whole hang up over Subject X, etc.), so it makes logical sense for him to create a private room where he can discuss or go over these things with himself. Someone will have to remind me if this isn't the case, but I can't remember much more being said about the Chamber Repose itself that was still left unanswered (aside from Aqua's armor and Keyblade, which by all means should have been addressed in Kh3).

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I cant believe Nomura just forgot Aqua's armor and keyblade. What's worse is that it was never addressed in the Ultimania either. So does Aqua not have a keyblade anymore? My best guess is that she will just get them back offscreen before the next game

2 quid is good

Awards
I honestly thought it would be an important plot point, considering Aqua's keyblade and armour were there.

Just another missed opportunity to add to the list

Ven_Roxas

Awards
It could be possible that the voices heard were Xemnas and Young Xehanort. Or even Xemnas and Ansem SoD. It’s pretty apparent that they were attempting to do the whole 7+13 to get the x-blade with the princesses and original organization. I’m sure they had to have meetings. Especially when Ansem found out Sora was there to ruin the plans.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I loved the speculation surrounding the Chambers and the identity behind Apprentice Xehanort. Those days are long gone no thanks to Master Xehanort :( To this day, Apprentice 'nort is my favorite of the Xeha-Rangers. But back to the point at him, with how little attention they payed to the Chamber of Waking in KINGDOM HEARTS III, I wouldn't doubt the Chambers as a concept be dropped out entirely, especially how connected they were to Xehanort specifically. The Chamber of Waking was pretty much reduced to a cryogenic sort of room.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I loved the speculation surrounding the Chambers and the identity behind Apprentice Xehanort. Those days are long gone no thanks to Master Xehanort :( To this day, Apprentice 'nort is my favorite of the Xeha-Rangers. But back to the point at him, with how little attention they payed to the Chamber of Waking in KINGDOM HEARTS III, I wouldn't doubt the Chambers as a concept be dropped out entirely, especially how connected they were to Xehanort specifically. The Chamber of Waking was pretty much reduced to a cryogenic sort of room.
Now I'm curious. What kinds of theories were people coming up with regarding the Chambers? To me they always seemed pretty straight forward, so I never really looked too far into them past what we always knew.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Now I'm curious. What kinds of theories were people coming up with regarding the Chambers? To me they always seemed pretty straight forward, so I never really looked too far into them past what we always knew.
You'll have to look them up. I'm pretty sure the Chamber of Repose was speculated to provoke sleep into the user for the sake of getting his memories back, and reforming a heart. Which was the interpretation of the subtitle "Birth by Sleep" back then.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
You'll have to look them up. I'm pretty sure the Chamber of Repose was speculated to provoke sleep into the user for the sake of getting his memories back, and reforming a heart. Which was the interpretation of the subtitle "Birth by Sleep" back then.
Intriguing 🤔. Might be worth a read then just to see what ideas "could've been," because when I look at it that way, it's no wonder people were so disappointed with the Chambers lack of higher meaning or importance. Were there any descriptions on the Chambers specifically within Kh3? If so, they may shed further light on the potential nature of them if any deeper meaning does exist.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe we'll see Aqua visit there in the KH3FM DLC package? I never really thought they were that important. The Chamber of Repose seemed like Xemnas' personal thinking chamber and/or a way to use the Terra body to try and get a reaction from the Aqua armour/keyblade.

Nayru's Love

Awards

There was sooooo much that could have been insinuated from the material we had 😭.

For instance, the Chamber of Repose was clearly inspired by the Chamber of Waking's architecture, which gave us an idea as to how much of MX's memories did Xemnas retain. Parallels had also been drawn between the Waking/Repose relationship and the X-Blade/keyblade relationship; if "A" exists, "B" is crafted in the image of "A."

The Chamber of Waking is a whole other beast. For instance, there had been speculation that the chamber had amplified Ven's ability to connect with Sora; that itself would have explained why Xemnas had built a replica chamber. Furthermore, LoD/CO was a special world, given its history in protecting the RoL and that it can exist in another form (CO); the chamber, alongside the Master Keeper keyblade, would certainly have been relevant to some of this world's functions and responsibilities.

Seriously, what could have been.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
We were never even told why LoD was such sacred of a place that needed to be converted into a labyrinth of memories.

Nayru's Love

Awards
I believe that the best story-related reason we can conjure up is that LoD houses the remaining teachings and traditions of keyblade masters; without this world, guardians of light would gradually become extinct (although how exactly that would relate to the world's special abilities is beyond me). However, the more likely truth that I don't want to accept is that, much like Aqua, Nomura needed to stash Ven in somewhere as secretive as the Chamber of Waking and just hadn't thought too far beyond that.

Edit: This marks my 4,220th post, on this blessed day of 4/20. I dedicate this post to Ventus, our boy who got so high he greened out for a decade and became one with the sky/Sora.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
There was sooooo much that could have been insinuated from the material we had 😭.

For instance, the Chamber of Repose was clearly inspired by the Chamber of Waking's architecture, which gave us an idea as to how much of MX's memories did Xemnas retain. Parallels had also been drawn between the Waking/Repose relationship and the X-Blade/keyblade relationship; if "A" exists, "B" is crafted in the image of "A."

The Chamber of Waking is a whole other beast. For instance, there had been speculation that the chamber had amplified Ven's ability to connect with Sora; that itself would have explained why Xemnas had built a replica chamber. Furthermore, LoD/CO was a special world, given its history in protecting the RoL and that it can exist in another form (CO); the chamber, alongside the Master Keeper keyblade, would certainly have been relevant to some of this world's functions and responsibilities.

Seriously, what could have been.
Not to sound rude, but if that's the most prominent theory about the chambers then it really didn't need to be referenced in KH3. They can address them in an interview or a secret report or something. I think they only really need a minor entry in the lore to explain their purposes and expand on them. I always felt like the idea of the matching chambers was brushed to the side since BBS as it never seemed expanded upon.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Things KH3 should have addressed #3580.2713
Ehhh can't say I agree. I really don't think KH3 would have benefited from just like going down a list of mysteries and solving them all unorganically. It's the same reason I don't think it's a big deal we don't know how Saix got his scar yet. A lot of these things just... aren't important to the main thrust of the story and would feel like they're only included to check them off a list. There are still more games, more opportunities for things to maybe be tied in (for example, we know Aqua has given up Master Keeper at the end of KH3, perhaps in the next title she will seek out her proper Keyblade and it will be brought up then). I don't think KH3 needed to address every single lingering thread.

Kind of reminds me of LOST where they had such a pressure to answer lingering mysteries that it lead to huge mythological and atmospheric things like the whispers being "answered" in a random out of place scene.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'd rather KH stay focused with less characters. KH3 was a bit messy in that aspects in terms of managing a lot of character arcs from the get-go, while at the same time closing the Xehanort Saga, and introducing the Foretellers Saga. I think that, overall, KH3 did good closing the smaller sagas, but underdelivered to some extent to the Xehanort Saga as a whole in terms of closing it down as fantastic as they closed KH2.

But back to the topic at hand, I kinda agree with the notion that the Chamber didn't needed to be payed much more attention, but it's one of those "loose ends" that sorta got ignored, or rather, one of those mysteries that, with time, got eaten up by the overall narrative. Same way Apprentice Xehanort was eaten up, and sorta replaced by Ansem SoD.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
We were never even told why LoD was such sacred of a place that needed to be converted into a labyrinth of memories.

Well, the design of the world looks a lot like Scala ad Caelum, only much smaller. And we know Eraqus is a Blueblood. Maybe there's knowledge in the Land of Departure that needs to be safely guarded. Maybe to prevent the world from falling to whatever kind of fate Scala ad Caelum fell to, because we only get to that world via Xehanort.

Back