• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

shouldnt sora be able to weild 4 keyblades, if he has 3 hearts inside him?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kklown

in kh2 he has roxas's heart inside him, so he had an extra keyblade and was able to dual weild

now on kh3 he has roxas, ventus, and xion, thats 3, and we all know that 3 + 1 = 4

there for 4 keyblade weilding powers

but no

some how square enix thought that hoping onto a pony and sniping around in circles along with some mini arcade limit forms was better

im just curious guys

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
in kh2 he has roxas's heart inside him, so he had an extra keyblade and was able to dual weild

now on kh3 he has roxas, ventus, and xion, thats 3, and we all know that 3 + 1 = 4

there for 4 keyblade weilding powers

but no

some how square enix thought that hoping onto a pony and sniping around in circles along with some mini arcade limit forms was better

im just curious guys
Roxas used Ven and Sora's keyblade. Sora used his own and Ven's keyblade. Xion used Sora's keyblade. A heart doesn't equal a keyblade.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
So it would have made no sense to give you the ability to dual wield (or 4 keyblade wield according to you) then take it away.

If there was an equivalent to dual wielding, it wouldn't be the attraction flow, it would be the keyblade transformations. There were 6 drive forms (Valor, Wisdom, Master, Final, Limit, and Anti). There are more than 6 keyblade transformations. Also,
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It's probably for the best. Those three hearts were going to leave him by the end of KH3 and he would have lost dual wielding for good. Or he would of ended up like Roxas and still keep the ability because of reasons.

Tempo

Awards
dual/tri/quad wielding would be the coolest thing to witness and idk why this is the one thing we're not willing to suspend our disbelief on here.
like. summoning magical theme park rides every ten seconds is A-OK but wielding multiple keyblades at once "wouldn't make sense because of reasons"???? even tho Roxas Literally Does That????? hell if we're gonna get "a heart doesnt equal a keyblade" levels of pedantic then Xion shouldn't be able to wield at all since she "just has sora's keyblade". i mean wasn't that also the case with roxas? the only reason he got two to begin with was because of ventus apparently, even tho that's a dumb reason and xion being the reason would have made so much more sense
but it DOESN'T make sense
so why are we all trying to apply it Now? the hell kinda cognitive dissonance

like we can't accept another handwave like "sora and roxas can still wield multiple keyblades bc Connected By Their Hearts or w/e leave me alone" for the sake of something cool???

i mean don't get me wrong, i can accept if you don't think it'd be cool and you just like the mechanics we got more, that's totally fair. different strokes. but don't try to bring logic into this bc that's just a recipe for disaster lmao

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I never cared about dual-wielding, but I remember it was pretty popular. Surprising that it didn't return.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
dual/tri/quad wielding would be the coolest thing to witness and idk why this is the one thing we're not willing to suspend our disbelief on here.
like. summoning magical theme park rides every ten seconds is A-OK but wielding multiple keyblades at once "wouldn't make sense because of reasons"???? even tho Roxas Literally Does That????? hell if we're gonna get "a heart doesnt equal a keyblade" levels of pedantic then Xion shouldn't be able to wield at all since she "just has sora's keyblade". i mean wasn't that also the case with roxas? the only reason he got two to begin with was because of ventus apparently, even tho that's a dumb reason and xion being the reason would have made so much more sense
but it DOESN'T make sense
so why are we all trying to apply it Now? the hell kinda cognitive dissonance

like we can't accept another handwave like "sora and roxas can still wield multiple keyblades bc Connected By Their Hearts or w/e leave me alone" for the sake of something cool???

i mean don't get me wrong, i can accept if you don't think it'd be cool and you just like the mechanics we got more, that's totally fair. different strokes. but don't try to bring logic into this bc that's just a recipe for disaster lmao
The keyblades are an integral part of the story. Attraction flow/Limits/Summons etc. are gameplay mechanics that don't necessarily need much explanation and we can buy it just being in the game with a simple explanation like "your vestments are special". People spent years discussing where Riku got Kairi's keyblade from in KH2. Nomura went out of his way to explain how/why Sora and Roxas can dual wield. I've never seen anyone specifically ask for a storyline reason on why Sora can use Attraction Flow or demand an in-depth explanation. Why? Because those things aren't important to the story, keyblades are. If Sora just pulled out 4 keyblades, people would demand an explanation.

I have no idea how wielding 4 keyblades at once would even be considered cool. It would just look messy. Would it be Sora wielding two keyblades in his hand and 2 floating around like Final Form?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Roxas used Ven and Sora's keyblade. Sora used his own and Ven's keyblade. Xion used Sora's keyblade. A heart doesn't equal a keyblade.
But in order to make this case, you have to convince people that it doesn't make sense that someone could wield the same Keyblade 4 times when it has been established that two people can wield the same Keyblade at once. Sora even turns his own single Keyblade into weapons with multiple components (including dual guns) when he does the transformations. It's less consistent to assert that this singular restriction should be taken seriously and constitutes an important sticking point in the lore when we see no less than three people using presumably the same Keyblade in the same fight in KH3, one of whom also wields a second one he shouldn't have according to that very same logic.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
So it would have made no sense to give you the ability to dual wield (or 4 keyblade wield according to you) then take it away.
There's no reason this would have had to happen. Xion and Roxas both wield the Kingdom Key, though it takes some time for both of them to synchronize its usage, and Xion, Roxas and Sora all use the Kingdom Key without any issue in KH3. There is no real reason Sora couldn't use Xion's Key, Roxas's Key, Ventus's Key, and his own Key, even after they're separated.

Whether it would have made for superior gameplay, I definitely prefer dual wielding to transformations (and definitely AFs), so I'm inclined to think quad wielding would also be better, but honestly I think a KH3 that just removed the gimmicks altogether would have been preferable. Sora's supposed to be weak again. Give him a Keyblade and well balanced magic, maybe some shotlocks and properly useful summons as the game progresses, and call it a day. Most importantly, give him the best and most reliable allies. I would have much rather they focused on the party system and building something with that which could have come into play in a big way at the endgame.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
But in order to make this case, you have to convince people that it doesn't make sense that someone could wield the same Keyblade 4 times when it has been established that two people can wield the same Keyblade at once. Sora even turns his own single Keyblade into weapons with multiple components (including dual guns) when he does the transformations. It's less consistent to assert that this singular restriction should be taken seriously and constitutes an important sticking point in the lore when we see no less than three people using presumably the same Keyblade in the same fight in KH3, one of whom also wields a second one he shouldn't have according to that very same logic.

There's no reason this would have had to happen. Xion and Roxas both wield the Kingdom Key, though it takes some time for both of them to synchronize its usage, and Xion, Roxas and Sora all use the Kingdom Key without any issue in KH3. There is no real reason Sora couldn't use Xion's Key, Roxas's Key, Ventus's Key, and his own Key, even after they're separated.

Whether it would have made for superior gameplay, I definitely prefer dual wielding to transformations (and definitely AFs), so I'm inclined to think quad wielding would also be better, but honestly I think a KH3 that just removed the gimmicks altogether would have been preferable. Sora's supposed to be weak again. Give him a Keyblade and well balanced magic, maybe some shotlocks and properly useful summons as the game progresses, and call it a day. Most importantly, give him the best and most reliable allies. I would have much rather they focused on the party system and building something with that which could have come into play in a big way at the endgame.
OK you have a point about the same Keyblade being used by 4 different people at the same time. However, there is still the matter of how many Keyblades there are. Ultimately between Sora, Roxas, Xion, and Ven there are only 2 Keyblades being shared. Like I said before, a heart does not equal a keyblade. Unless you have definitive confirmation that Roxas and Xion got their own keyblades, then I would say it's impossible for tri/quad-wielding by any character at this point in time.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
OK you have a point about the same Keyblade being used by 4 different people at the same time. However, there is still the matter of how many Keyblades there are. Ultimately between Sora, Roxas, Xion, and Ven there are only 2 Keyblades being shared. Like I said before, a heart does not equal a keyblade. Unless you have definitive confirmation that Roxas and Xion got their own keyblades, then I would say it's impossible for tri/quad-wielding by any character at this point in time.
Sure, and it could be true and at some point may even be explicitly confirmed, but that rests on a supposition rooted in an absence of evidence proving it conclusively false; I'm just using simple relational logic. If one person can wield two Keyblades, and two people can wield one Keyblade, then why should it not be held true that one person can wield four of one Keyblades? By all rights, Sora should have been wielding at least two Keys in KH3, but he wasn't, because Nomura decided he shouldn't on an arbitrary whim.

Obiewantsanipod

I used to believe that it's because those people's hearts would leave him by the end of the game. But with Xion still being able to wield what is essentially Sora's keyblade and Roxas being able to dual wield it's become rather apparent that justifying this particular topic in a rational manner has it's loopholes.

Roxas would have to be explained to me. Xion on the other hand exhibited the ability to imitate Saix and so if they use that as justification I'll buy it.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Sure, and it could be true and at some point may even be explicitly confirmed, but that rests on a supposition rooted in an absence of evidence proving it conclusively false; I'm just using simple relational logic. If one person can wield two Keyblades, and two people can wield one Keyblade, then why should it not be held true that one person can wield four of one Keyblades? By all rights, Sora should have been wielding at least two Keys in KH3, but he wasn't, because Nomura decided he shouldn't on an arbitrary whim.
We know for a fact that one keyblade can be shared by multiple wielders at the same time (as seen in Chain of Memories/Days). However we have no evidence that one keyblade can split itselt and effectively duplicate itself endlessly for one wielder. There is always a ratio of 1:1 wielder to number of keyblades available. If the keyblade could just duplicate itself, then the reasoning behind dual-wielding wouldn't be that it was Sora and Ven's keyblades, but rather Sora's keyblade duplicated itself. The ability to dual-wield basically confirmed that the user needs additional ACTUAL keyblades to wield, rather than copying itself.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
We know for a fact that one keyblade can be shared by multiple wielders at the same time (as seen in Chain of Memories/Days). However we have no evidence that one keyblade can split itselt and effectively duplicate itself endlessly for one wielder. There is always a ratio of 1:1 wielder to number of keyblades available. If the keyblade could just duplicate itself, then the reasoning behind dual-wielding wouldn't be that it was Sora and Ven's keyblades, but rather Sora's keyblade duplicated itself. The ability to dual-wield basically confirmed that the user needs additional ACTUAL keyblades to wield, rather than copying itself.
Not really, it only indicates that as one method to do it. Again, Sora transforms his one Keyblade into dual guns and blades in KH3; there's no justifiable reason it couldn't be split into two or more Keyblades. Everything in the series post-KH2 infers that the Keyblade is really limitless in its capabilities, and one only needs to train to unlock its full potential. To be clear, I wish these restrictions were more definable and enforced within the narrative; I hate transformations and while I can appreciate the symbolic value of emphasizing its abstract nature by putting the same Key in multiple hands, there really ought to be some guiding standards surrounding that as well. Xion and Roxas had to work for it, and it grounded their connection to one another in a thoughtful way. That should read as fairly exceptional, but because KH3 turns the Keyblade into narrative playdough warranted for refund due to breakage at the nearest magical pawn shop, there's no aspect of it that comes across as special or impressively crafted.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Not really, it only indicates that as one method to do it. Again, Sora transforms his one Keyblade into dual guns and blades in KH3; there's no justifiable reason it couldn't be split into two or more Keyblades. Everything in the series post-KH2 infers that the Keyblade is really limitless in its capabilities, and one only needs to train to unlock its full potential. To be clear, I wish these restrictions were more definable and enforced within the narrative; I hate transformations and while I can appreciate the symbolic value of emphasizing its abstract nature by putting the same Key in multiple hands, there really ought to be some guiding standards surrounding that as well. Xion and Roxas had to work for it, and it grounded their connection to one another in a thoughtful way. That should read as fairly exceptional, but because KH3 turns the Keyblade into narrative playdough warranted for refund due to breakage at the nearest magical pawn shop, there's no aspect of it that comes across as special or impressively crafted.
Well we know that his vestments are special which allow the keyblade transformations, just like they allowed the drive forms (ie dual wielding). You're right that they never explicitly stated that Sora can't copy his own keyblade four times and use it himself, but since it never happened we can also say that it is not possible.

I'm going to go back to the original post that questioned why Sora couldn't dual wield because in KH3 he had 4 hearts in him. The known answer to this is (from what we know as confirmed) is that Sora and Roxas dual-wielded using Ven's keyblade, Xion and Roxas do not have keyblades of their own (from what we know) so 4 hearts do not equal 4 keyblades. Maybe some day it will be changed and Sora can duplicate Kingdom Key a million times and hecatommyria-wield, but we will have to wait and see.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'll just go with "no" because Roxas appeared to be the only active heart within Sora the majority of the time.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Am I the only one who could hardly even keep up with the animations for master and final form, let alone needing even more keyblades mixed into that mess?
Man, SE already makes all their game mechanics so damn flashy and over-the-tops. I don't know how more keyblades would've been cool.

And there's a difference between having specific cutscenes or bossfights with stuff like that, because then it's usually one or two moves and that's that. For Sora, they would've had to come up with (and create) at least a whole set of moves, because giving him four keyblades for just one or two moves would also be pretty dumb.

Soldier

Awards
I love how we're all talking about this and forgetting that Sora already Tri-wielded keyblades before back in KH2FM.
During the hooded Roxas fight, Sora can steal the Oathkeeper and Oblivion from him if he manages to pull off a perfect reaction command. This leaves his opponent with no weapon and BOTH keyblades floating behind Sora, adding another combo that involves flashy light effects and lasers until they are recalled back to the nobody.

Back