• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Big Hero 6 Voice Cast Announced for Kingdom Hearts III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

On this day in 2014, Big Hero 6 launched into theatres across America, wowing fans with a tale about a friendship and the strength of heart. To celebrate, Square Enix have announced some of the voice cast for the world.

Returning from the movie and animated Television series include Ryan Potter as Hiro Hamada, Scott Adsit as Baymax, Genesis Rodriguez as Honey Lemon, and Jamie Chung as Go Go Tomago. Khary Payton, who voiced Wasabi No Ginger in the Television series, will be reprising this role in Kingdom Hearts III.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I have no idea how Hiro Yamada passed through the social media stream.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Awesome! The news just keeps coming! Maybe they’ll announce Mandy for Tangled’s anniversary this month?

I’m also curious about Brooks Whelan’s absence as Fred. Surely, if the other parts are cast, he is too? Game has to go gold within the month, so they really need to get on that if he or whoever else hasn’t recorded yet. Makes me wonder if they got T.J. Miller back but don’t want to announce it due to his controversies. But it’s hard to believe they’d even consider using him at all unless they legally had to offer it to him first and he accepted.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Awesome! The news just keeps coming! Maybe they’ll announce Mandy for Tangled’s anniversary this month?
I hope so. It's getting tiring knowing that it is Mandy but having people constantly tell me to shut up because it isn't confirmed.

I’m also curious about Brooks Whelan’s absence as Fred. Surely, if the other parts are cast, he is too? Game has to go gold within the month, so they really need to get on that if he or whoever else hasn’t recorded yet. Makes me wonder if they got T.J. Miller back but don’t want to announce it due to his controversies.
It'd 100% be Brooks but his omission here is questionable. I can't imagine Fred not having a speaking role, so they are either holding off for a second round of BH6 announcements or they will throw his name onto a general announcement.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i would think they announce in a general va list becase they already annouce zachery and donna names already and they would be indulceded in the tangled anniversity

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i would think they announce in a general va list becase they already annouce zachery and donna names already and they would be indulceded in the tangled anniversity
It's possible, but they could justify a specific Tangled one if they revealed a bunch of currently unrevealed characters. They could include Clancy Brown (Spongebob Squarepants, Detroit: Become Human) as King Frederic, Julie Bowen (Modern Family) as Queen Arianna, Sean Hayes as Pete the Guard, some of the Snuggly Duckling characters too.

Same with Big Hero 6. If there's Aunt Cass, Alistor Krei, Professor Callaghan then they may justify a second specific voice cast announcement. But again, the issue here would be revealing a bunch of characters that haven't been revealed, if they were in.

ImVentus

Awards
Will be sweet to hear their voices in the game. They've done a solid job in the series.
Oops! someone misspelled Hiro's last name.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I hope so. It's getting tiring knowing that it is Mandy but having people constantly tell me to shut up because it isn't confirmed.

It'd 100% be Brooks but his omission here is questionable. I can't imagine Fred not having a speaking role, so they are either holding off for a second round of BH6 announcements or they will throw his name onto a general announcement.

Yeah I think Mandy is worthy of a standalone announcement if she’s the only Tangled VA left to announce. Lol. They also might announce another group of VAs around when or after Ralph Breaks the Internet releases. They could announce her, Santino Fontana, Brooks Whelan, Bill Nighy, possibly Jodi Benson and John C. Reilly if the summons will have battle quotes, and more of the KH OC voice actors.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Excellent! Great to see the full cast returning. I love seeing Khary Payton in Kingdom Hearts as well, he’s one of the finest actors alive today.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Couldn't they just re-edit the page to include Fred's VA and fix Hiro's surname? From the looks of it things were overlooked when writing this.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Couldn't they just re-edit the page to include Fred's VA and fix Hiro's surname? From the looks of it things were overlooked when writing this.

They just re-uploaded it with Hiro’s name fixed!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Updated the OP with the corrected image.

Whoever makes SE's graphics continues to do a poor job.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Updated the OP with the corrected image.

Whoever makes SE's graphics continues to do a poor job.

This is why people are supposed quadruple check things and have like 5 other people look it over before posting it to a mass audience xD

Yamada, the smudge on the box art for The Story So Far. I'm looking forward to the IGN watermark on the cover art for KH3~

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
This is why people are supposed quadruple check things and have like 5 other people look it over before posting it to a mass audience xD

Yamada, the smudge on the box art for The Story So Far. I'm looking forward to the IGN watermark on the cover art for KH3~
i love how you call them out about this spockanort also it seems ryan potter is happy about this news

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Wow this is exciting to see 4 of the original actors from the film and TV series (Ryan, Scott, Jamie, Genesis) reprising their roles in the game. Also, I expected Khary to voice Wasabi again given that his original actor (Damon Wayans Jr.) was either busy but didn’t want to do it. It’s interesting that Fred wasn’t in the list but I’m expecting Brooks Wheelan from the TV series to voice him again.

Hopefully we get another cast announcements for the other batch especially regarding if Mandy Moore is coming back to voice Rapunzel.

I’m also curious about Brooks Whelan’s absence as Fred. Surely, if the other parts are cast, he is too? Game has to go gold within the month, so they really need to get on that if he or whoever else hasn’t recorded yet. Makes me wonder if they got T.J. Miller back but don’t want to announce it due to his controversies. But it’s hard to believe they’d even consider using him at all unless they legally had to offer it to him first and he accepted.
I don’t think they are going to bring in T.J. Miller back given that he’s been getting headlines and controversies since last year and early this year (e.g. Sexual Harassment, Work harassment allegations, getting arrested) so I’m expecting Brooks Wheelan from the TV series to take his place.

Regarding his absence I’m not sure but I have a hunch that aside from the Big Hero 6 TV Series and SNL he doesn’t have too much recongnizable big roles in film and television, which is why Susan Egan (Megara) was not listed in the first batch.

Interesting enough nothing about Fred va
Realistically I’m expecting Brooks Wheelan to voice Fred again in the game instead of T.J. Miller as the later has been getting a bad reputation lately. As to why Brooks wasn’t listed it’s more than likely he doesn’t have too much recongnizable big roles in film and television aside from Big Hero 6 TV Series and SNL.

Perhaps it’s because Brooks doesn’t have that many big roles in film and television aside from Big Hero 6 TV Series and SNL, which the same can be said about Susan Egan not being listed in the first batch and instead have her announce her reprisal through social media.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back