• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► TWEWY characters to not appear in Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

On October 30th, ARTNIA hosted a special closed door event to celebrate the release of The World Ends With You - Final Remix- on the Nintendo Switch. During the event, TWEWY creative producer and Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura along with TWEWY - Final Remix - producer Tomohiko Hirano, TWEWY series director Tatsuya Kando, and TWEWY - Live Remix - producer Ichiro Hazama sat down with fans to discuss the game and answered questions by fans who were lucky to attend the event.

One of the first questions asked during the Q&A involved the possibility of seeing TWEWY characters in Kingdom Hearts 3:

Q: Kingdom Hearts 3D features characters from The World Ends With You, but are there plans for them to appear Kingdom Hearts 3?"

Nomura: They will not appear.

Also, when asked about hosting another Kingdom Hearts cafe event similar to the 15th anniversay event for the Kingdom Hearts series last year, Nomura stated that there are some issues in making it happen:

Q: You should do a second Kingdom Hearts collaboration cafe event!

Nomura: There are many hurdles to overcome to have Kingdom Hearts collaboration cafe events. I'm trying my best!
ARTNIA Producer Matsushita: It's irritating that my power isn't enough!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Awww what a bummer. There goes my theory about the world on the box art being connected to Shibiya. At least we have confirmation though.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well that sucks. So much for a TWEWY reunion in San Fransokyo. With then written off now I really hope we see old and new FF characters in KH3.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Well that sucks. So much for a TWEWY reunion in San Fransokyo. Now I really hope we see old and new FF characters in KH3.

Him giving a hard no about TWEWY but being vague about FF makes me more confident about FF’s presence in KH3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Him giving a hard no about TWEWY but being vague about FF makes me more confident about FF’s presence in KH3.

Yeah, this means he’s just being coy. Thank god. That FF thread is depressing with how many people are ready to see the series let go of FF even though it is clear they are trying to weave it in more.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I was happy to see them in DDD but they did feel shoe-horned in and their presence was not well explained, or at all. And their relationships with Sora and Riku were super shallow (a classic example of "oh! I just met you I guess i'll help you can call you my best friend" that DDD was plagued with).

So while I'm kinda sad that the TWEWY plot-line has been dropped, hopefully they can come back in another game where the creators can devote more space to really making it work.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Heard it earlier this afternoon. Knew it, but it's always nice to hear a direct confirmation.
I really can't believe how many people took Neku's "See you in Shibuya" as hard proof of them being in KH III.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Bit of a shame, it would have been nice tie-in with the release of the remixed remix, and I think a Shibuya-inspired portion of San Fransokyo would have helped give that world some much needed character. Not to mention the themes of identity with Shiki, memories with Neku, strong bonds with Beat and Rhyme, and Joshua's gay coyness all could have contributed something interesting to KH3 where DDD didn't really do them much justice...excepting the last one which was still pretty on point.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
With TWEWY's absence it would be nice to see KH3 reference one of two other Square property in addition with FF.

1_Mendoza

I’m ok with this, the characters weren’t exactly fleshed out in DDD so people who hadn’t played TWEWY were confused. This let’s SE focus on actual KH characters. We don’t need any more characters to flesh out. We got enough.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Not surprising. It would've been cool to see them again, but I really didn't expect it to happen so I'm not upset about it or anything.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I'd be fine with an entire game of just this.
But how else will Sora learn to read between Riku's lines.

I’m ok with this, the characters weren’t exactly fleshed out in DDD so people who hadn’t played TWEWY were confused. This let’s SE focus on actual KH characters. We don’t need any more characters to flesh out. We got enough.
DDD sucked at characters in general and heavily favored flavorless plot shenanigans, it's definitely possible to tell a full and compelling story complete with characters we can learn to love all within the span of one world, as previous KH games have shown.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Eeeeeeh. Think of people who play the KH games who don't really have an attachment to Disney or modern Disney films or Final Fantasy and haven't seen the films or played some of games. Think of all of the people going into KH3 without having touched a game after KH2.

There are always going to be aspects of the series that are confusing to people.

The game is going to be chock full of characters, and they will either get just enough attention or not enough so it doesn't really matter how many they have in tbh

With TWEWY's absence it would be nice to see KH3 reference one of two other Square property in addition with FF.

We are already getting a Einhander reference. I 100% expect a Xenogears reference if the Gigas aren't already thought of to be that. While we aren't getting TWEWY characters, I imagine they might still have a reference slipped in.

KH3 is going to be nuts.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Can’t wait for 2B in the Wall-E world. Lol

The combination of those two properties is so wrong. I felt my soul leave my body for a second.

Like all I saw was robots on Earth, but its the entire segment before Adam's birth.

Nier: Automata is just Wall-E but if Wall-E never made it to the human colony...

UltimaXOmega

Extremely disappointing but expected. The hint in DDD was a troll then. Can we get 2B,9S and A2 please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back