• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Lucca CG 2018 Share The Magic Panel Recap

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Share the Magic panel featuring Executive Producer Shinji Hashimoto is taking place today at Lucca Comic and Games 2018. While the panel is not being streamed, you can read attendee impressions below. 

Impressions thanks to omniacrystallisfioririccardo4ventusdreamMyriamSephiroth

• Panel begins. Attendees are told they will be exiting the venue happier. They are allowed to take pictures but video recordings are prohibited.
  • Community Manager Sunil Godhania is presenting.
  • Introduces Kingdom Hearts and discusses the series and conclusion of the Dark Seeker Saga in Kingdom Hearts 3, with the theme of resolution.
  • Just like the TGS panel, they run through a series of footage showing off basic gameplay elements. Starts with Keyblade transformations (same from TGS). Transformations from different worlds are shown off as they discuss the level of care put into creating each one.
  • Attraction Flow is next. Supposedly some new gameplay shown in Fire and Ice Titan battle.
  • Link System with new footage of Baymax (only a few seconds worth)
  • Gummiship. There is a little bit of new footage and a glimpse of a Moogle constellation.
  • Minigames: Cooking with Remy, Trinity Sled in Arendelle, Classic Kingdom
  • Shinji Hashimoto enters the stage. Discusses the familiar elevator story.
  • Q&A segment from fans on social media.
    • Q: The story of this saga has lasted more than 10 years and has been spread over several consoles. Remake and remasters aside, will there be an official summary, to get as clear as possible all the events told so far?"
      A: Fans can check out the summary videos narrated by Chirithy that were released in Japan. They'd like to release them worldwide (referring to English dub?) 
    • Q: Among the revealed worlds, what is your favorite? Which of the revealed worlds was the most difficult to achieve and why?
      A: Big Hero 6, with its huge maps and ground and aerial battles.
    • Q: Will post launch support happen in the short term, or do you have in mind to support the game over several years as you previously did for FINAL FANTASY XV?
      A: He can't say much as the game hasn't been released but they are considering DLC.
    • Q: Thanks to a casual meeting in the elevator the project that gave birth to Kingdom Hearts was born: did you expect this great success?
      A: He had a feeling something new would come from Kingdom Hearts, but at the time, he didn't think a game born from this collaboration would become so popular.
    • Q: Will this last chapter include dramatic moments that will bring some tears to the biggest fans of the series?
      A: Hashimoto says there will be lots of drama and everything a fan might be looking for.
    • Q: What is Hashimoto-san's favorite memory from his many years working on the KINGDOM HEARTS series?
      A: When the game sold out.
    • Q: What's your favorite Italian dish?
      A: Ravioli alla bolognese and ravioli alla marinara
  • Hashimoto has one last message for the audience. He thanks everyone for coming to the panel and hopes they've all preordered Kingdom Hearts 3.
  • Hashimoto takes a selfie with the audience.
  • Nomura planned to come to Italy but he couldn't make it. Instead, they've brought some new footage to share! 

kaseykockroach

Awards
I see we're still doing the "Copy scenes/gags from the movie, but insert SDG into them", but what the hey, I guess Rapunzel probably wouldn't react any other way!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I see we're still doing the "Copy scenes/gags from the movie, but insert SDG into them", but what the hey, I guess Rapunzel probably wouldn't react any other way!

That's not happening with Toy Box, Monstropolis and San Fransokyo as they have original stories. I'm okay with certain worlds reusing their theatrical plots if it's integrated well into Kingdom Hearts.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Didn't bother me either, just amused with the whole "I'm never going back!" bit from the movie. Cute either way.

Seadrin

Awards
That's not happening with Toy Box, Monstropolis and San Fransokyo as they have original stories. I'm okay with certain worlds reusing their theatrical plots if it's integrated well into Kingdom Hearts.

I agree. It was actually really sweet and refreshing to see SDG right in the middle of those iconic scenes. Especially Sora and Flynn hanging by the tree while Rapunzel spins around. I'm so excited for it!

kaseykockroach

Awards
I imagine that sort of thing is quite a bit more endearing if done sparingly, and I indeed gather moments like this are in the minority.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

plus you can only do some much with a original story that's not already doing it already, tv series like Aladdin, Herc, Lilo and Sitich, Tangled, BH6, the list goes on

TheMostRad

thans sig for the summary happy mandy more is back

Did they confirm here (or elsewhere) that Moore is indeed back as Rapunzel? I remember seeing confirmation of Zachari Levi coming back as Flynn, but that Moore's name was conspicuously absent from the brief posted cast list.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Did they confirm here (or elsewhere) that Moore is indeed back as Rapunzel? I remember seeing confirmation of Zachari Levi coming back as Flynn, but that Moore's name was conspicuously absent from the brief posted cast list.
No formal announcement but I would recognise Mandy Moore's voice anywhere. It's 100% her.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Thanks for the summary! It's too bad Nomura didn't attend, but I'm sure he's busy with his work.

sephydark

Awards
It's really nice to have a summary of the panel even if we can't get the whole thing. Part of me wishes that Nomura could have been there too, but it's probably for the best that he was able to stay in Japan to work on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back