• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Susan Egan to reprise her role as Meg in Kingdom Hearts 3!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yesterday evening, Susan Egan announced on her Instagram account that she is reprising her role as the sassy and clever Megara from Disney's 1997 animated feature film Hercules in Kingdom Hearts 3. Her role as Belle in the Broadway adaption of Disney's Beauty and the Beast and Rose Quartz in Cartoon Network's Steven Universe are just a few notable roles among her very prolific Broadway and Hollywood careers. 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook, and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Thanks to forum user Yborra for the tip!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
She was also Lin in Spirited Away, but who's obsessed right????

I love Meg, I love Susan, and I never feared for a second that she wouldn't return.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
She was also Lin in Spirited Away, but who's obsessed right????

I love Meg, I love Susan, and I never feared for a second that she wouldn't return.

UH I WAS GOING TO PUT THAT BUT I DIDN'T WANT MY NERD TO SHOW TOO MUCH

LIKE I WENT TO THE SHOW WITH HER AS BELLE AS A CHILD AND FELL IN LOVE WITH HER THEN BUT I'M NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING ELSE

Yeah, it was pretty obvious she would return since she loves voice acting and Meg but it is nice to get a confirmation of it officially

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i dont know why this this news she kind of confirm she will be back when she respond back to khiner on twitter the other day

Launchpad

Awards
i dont know why this this news she kind of confirm she will be back when she respond back to khiner on twitter the other day

Uh... It's news because it's decently new information about the only upcoming Kingdom Hearts game? Sure as hell beats another Union Cross update.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Not really. She always responds to tweets like that. It could have very much been a situation where she hadn’t been in to record yet like so many others but was happy to see a character she voices shown off in a new way.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Not really. She always responds to tweets like that. It could have very much been a situation where she hadn’t been in to record yet like so many others but was happy to see a character she voices shown off in a new way.
yeah true but would we think she wont retun?

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Even though I would prefer if Square Enix announced her name in the next batch of cast announcements, I actually am grateful that she finally gets to announce her reprisal through Instagram yesterday. From a narrative standpoint, it makes sense cause even though as said in your opening that Susan is known for her work as Meg (Hercules), but also Pink Diamond/Rose Quartz (Steven Universe) and as Belle on the Broadway musical of Beauty and the Beast, she doesn't have too many television and film credits compared to the other actors that were featured on the first batch of announcements last month, unless if you count her roles on Nikki or 13 Going on 30 and her role as Lin in the English dub version of Spirited Away.

Can't believe not only has it been 21 years since she voiced Meg in the original film, but also 12-13 years since she last voiced her in Kingdom Hearts II.

Quite the plethora of Broadway actors involved in this game: Kristen Bell (yes, she did do Broadway before doing Veronica Mars), Idina Menzel, Josh Gad, Jonathan Groff, Zachary Levi and Donna Murphy from last month's cast announcement and now Susan Egan. This is starting to become the biggest all-star cast lineup since the first game better yet, Kingdom Hearts II.

Last edited:

Leaferian

Awards
Super happy she's coming back for Meg. <3 It is my dearest desire that she will get a chance to sing during the story, or that we will get some kind of unlockable theatre where they recreate music numbers from the films... I wsnt it so baaaaad.

And yes, I'm aware it won't happen so don't @me with your Debbie Downer trash.

Yborra

Super happy she's coming back for Meg. <3 It is my dearest desire that she will get a chance to sing during the story, or that we will get some kind of unlockable theatre where they recreate music numbers from the films... I wsnt it so baaaaad.

And yes, I'm aware it won't happen so don't @me with your Debbie Downer trash.

Oh god I want that too. It would be so amazing if ‘I won’t say (I’m in love)’ appears as a rythm minigame, completed with the muses and everything (Yes, exactly like Atlantica in KH2)

But even if the KH3 storyline follows the movie, I assume Meg and Herc are already in love in the KH storyline, they know each other for some time, so it would be difficult to fit that song (in which Meg talks about how she’s not sure about her feelings yet)

Still, we can dream :)

Launchpad

Awards
Oh god I want that too. It would be so amazing if ‘I won’t say (I’m in love)’ appears as a rythm minigame, completed with the muses and everything (Yes, exactly like Atlantica in KH2)

But even if the KH3 storyline follows the movie, I assume Meg and Herc are already in love in the KH storyline, they know each other for some time, so it would be difficult to fit that song (in which Meg talks about how she’s not sure about her feelings yet)

Still, we can dream :)

Just have her fall in love with Herc's dad and sing it again.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I wish they found some way to use more of the iconic ost of the moves in general now that think about it..Like how it was done in Beast castle was good.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
"She’s BACK!", "Exactly!!!!!", and "Meg has gone digital again!!!" aren't really on the same league of confirmation as "LOVED voicing my gal again!"

Like, the Big Hero 6 cast were sharing the TGS trailer on social media but them sharing it doesn't exactly equate to recording for their characters even if it's a 100% certainty.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Good to know. Megara is my favorite character from Hercules.

You know, I'm glad they finally have all 4 Titans, but I'd love to see characters like The Fates, Hermes, Hera, etc. I can only hope the world keeps returning forever, because they're always pretty sparse in how many new characters they introduce. Meg, Pegasus, and The Hydra in KH2, now the other 2 Titans and Zeus in KH3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah Meg is back! Now all I need is Danny Devito to return as Phil & that would be amazing.
Danny DeVito hasn't voiced Phil since the movie in 1997 (aside from some tie-in stuff for the movie like Disney's Animated Storybook: Hercules and Disney Sing-Along-Songs: Zero to Hero but I suspect that may be archived audio) so he won't be voicing Phil here :(

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Now all I need is Danny Devito to return as Phil & that would be amazing.
I dunno about Danny DeVito's return as Phil, while it would be awesome to have one of the original actors from the film to come back to voice their character in a KH game after their initial appearance in the film (e.g. Christopher Daniel Barnes as Eric in KH2), realistically he hasn't been voicing Phil in most media after the movie as Robert Costanzo has been the recurring voice for him since then, so more than likely it's Robert who is set to be the voice for him.

Danny DeVito hasn't voiced Phil since the movie in 1997 (aside from some tie-in stuff for the movie like Disney's Animated Storybook: Hercules and Disney Sing-Along-Songs: Zero to Hero but I suspect that may be archived audio) so he won't be voicing Phil here :(
Yeah Robert Costanzo has been the go-to voice for Phil since the TV series, and tbh he's not bad as Phil, sure he isn't in the level as Danny DeVito but he does capture the voice and mannerisms and tbh I don't hear any differences between him and Danny.

I expect the same thing can be said about Zeus, as more than likely it will be Corey Burton doing the voice for him instead of Rip Torn.

The only time I can recall when one of the original actors from the Disney movie has come back to voice their character in a KH game after only voicing them in their initial appearance was Kathryn Beaumont as Alice and Wendy in the first KH game and especially Christopher Daniel Barnes as Eric in KH2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back