• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Gameplay Videos from TGS Stage Show

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The KINGDOM HEARTS 3 stage show was held today at the Tokyo Game Show, featuring special guests Miyu Irino (voice of Sora), Megumi Toyoguchi (voice of Aqua), Co-Director Tai Yasue, and Director Tetsuya Nomura. During the presentation, Yasue showed off several new videos of the various gameplay features offered in Kingdom Hearts 3, including Keyblade transformations, Attraction Flow, Links and the Gummi Ship.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THE RESOLUTION!!!

I had the stream going on my computer and my iPad so that was a dumb decision (recorded it on my iPad) so I do apologise.

Also it was a rush job because literally everything was lagging and I didn't have time to really fix anything :(

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I said it in the other thread, but I am surprised the Lava and Ice Titan are a joint boss. Sorta cuts down the amount of bosses in that world more than I was expecting. But I guess it may just make it more likely there is more than one boss we don't know about then.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Woah, look at the new gameplay footage. It's a good thing we finally got a glimpse of our first look gameplay for the Monster's Inc., Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Hero 6, and Frozen worlds along with the rest of the Toy Story world featuring one of the bosses and the Titan Battle in the Hercules world.

It seems that the Attraction flow Carousel in the Olympus gameplay is just on the Ice and Lava Titan, hopefully, we get more insight regarding the Wind Titan and whether it's fought.

I also like how the finishing Keyblade transformation of the Frozen Keyblade is a nod to "Let it Go" when Elsa was creating her Ice Castle.
tumblr_mxpm5rhbje1qbvc3po5_500.gif

tumblr_mxh2cfqjeK1rq5fzso6_r1_500.gif

Also Is it me or did I notice during the Simba summoning sequence that I saw the Rock Troll Heartless from Olympus as a field enemy?

Even the Remy Cooking mini-game was so cool to watch as I can hear the Parisian music playing in the background as a nod to the original film. ^__^

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Also Is it me or did I notice during the Simba summoning sequence that I saw one of the Rock Troll Heartless boss from Olympus as a field enemy?
It has been shown as a field enemy in a few trailers. Like it has been shown in two different areas of San Fransokyo (jumping off a building and on the bridge).

kaseykockroach

Awards
I wonder if Arendelle will have a third/fourth member, or if that's a pure trio outing. Elsa would be the only one equipped to handle Heartless fights, but she's isolated in her ice castle and all that.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wonder if Arendelle will have a third/fourth member, or if that's a pure trio outing. Elsa would be the only one equipped to handle Heartless fights, but she's isolated in her ice castle and all that.
They've confirmed that Elsa and Anna won't be party members, but Marshmallow will pop up from time to time.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It has been shown as a field enemy in a few trailers. Like it has been shown in two different areas of San Fransokyo (jumping off a building and on the bridge).

Yeah I don't think its a boss. Just a big enemy. The one on the Big Hero 6 trailer was about the same size.

Sdog

Awards
We actually got a hefty amount of gameplay from this that I wasn't expecting. Nice to see what the game is running like real passed what other trailers have shown. We're in control of things like riding Baymax a lot more than I thought we would.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
So it looks like the one SDG and Herc fought in Olympus looks to be a mini-boss, before facing it again in the later worlds, much like how the Tyranto Rex that Sora fought from the Country of the Musketeers in DDD was a mini-boss before encountering it as a field enemy.

Nomura confirmed at E3 that Anna and Elsa aren't party members in this world. From a narrative standpoint, it makes sense as the world is following the plot of the movie, Elsa isn’t in a place where she is comfortable using her powers and she wants solitude so it wouldn’t make sense for her to join SDG. Anna and especially Kristoff mostly just try to escape situations rather than fighting in situations. I also have a hunch that the decision on Anna and Elsa not being party members in the game was perhaps a decision/request from the original crew (Peter del Vecho, Chris Buck, Jennifer Lee) that worked on Frozen.

Last edited:

Hirokey123

Awards
Combat is looking incredible and the Frozen keyblade's finisher being the Elsa ice stomp had me :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: in fact I'm still grinning from just how GOOD all that looked.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I always knew the Sora/Aqua dynamic was gonna come to play in some way but I didn't expect a boss fight. To qoute Vegeta in DBZA, "I never knew I wanted something so badly until I received it" lol This game is getting better and better.

Also, this at least to me confirms that she isn't a Xehanort and has just stayed in the realm for too long and it effected her. Though I don't know how late or early this is in the game, its safe to assume that Aqua is saved by Sora in some way, shape, or form by the end of this combined with some of the other footage in her normal form and isn't gonna be apart of the final battle with the True Organization. Or maybe she still is but her being saved leads the rest of the Xehanorts to go find someone else but I rather it be the former then the latter because its more narratively compelling.

We shall see. The rest of the gameplay is the greatness I expected for five years to come to life. It really all depends on how the gameplay actually feels on controller.

Megavoltage

Awards
I love the ice monsters in Arendelle so much. That ice wolf looked especially awesome.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The seamless keyblade transformations look awesome. That was one of my big concerns, but they can be chained so easily.

Neo_

Awards
I've seen enough of the game; this is where I hop off. Deuces. ✌️

I feel like I'm gonna get an epileptic seizure from watching this game as well.

sephydark

Awards
That boss fight with dark Aqua looks so good. I wasn't really hoping for anything like that but now that I've seen it I'm super excited about it. Her moves look really Aqua-ish and the gameplay looks super fun (though I guess it's always possible for a game to look like it plays better than it does; I've played some games like that before).

It's nice to see some of these things get real gameplay clips instead of just having them shown in a trailer. Gives much more of a feel for how things are going to go and also shows how much control we'll have of various aspects.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Urg, they finally revealed that enemies will drop items once again. With that being absent in trailers and gameplay videos I've been very worried that they scrapped that element completely, but right after Simba's limit is used, you can see a bright green item you can pick up.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Shower thought: all of these cool heartless should receive full illustrations like most KH1 heartless did, and all should be made into HQ PS4 avatars.

Awards
I had a very good feeling that Aqua would be a boss fight, but I had my concerns about whether it would happen while playing as Riku in the Realm of Darkness. Now that I know it's Sora's fight, my hopes for another playable character besides Riku getting a turn have increased.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
So the fight with the Lava and ice Titan is from this set piece in the film. Odds are definitely looking better that Zeus will be appearing.
hercules-180.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back