• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► IGN: Hidden Mickey mini-game, KH3 world bosses to be kept secret until launch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Sunil Godhania, community manager for Square Enix Japan Studios at Square Enix Europe, went on IGN's Live Developer Playthrough stream to show off the Toy Box level in Kingdom Hearts 3 that is currently playable at Gamescom 2018 this week.

While discussing the various features and gameplay elements found in KH3, it was confirmed that there will be a Hidden Mickey mini-game where players will be rewarded for finding the hidden Mickey Mouse emblems placed throughout the game. During the stream, it was also confirmed that the main world bosses within KH3 will not be revealed before the game's launch, leaving Kingdom Hearts fans with plenty of surprises to expect when playing through KH3.

You can watch the video on IGN.

Thanks to forum user Zip for the tip!

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
As I mentioned earlier nice to know that Zurg is still a possibility. Or hell, maybe Nomura could find a way to bring in Sid, lol.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i think we might use the camera on the phone for htem ini mickey game

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As I mentioned earlier nice to know that Zurg is still a possibility. Or hell, maybe Nomura could find a way to bring in Sid, lol.

I'd love to see a Zurg battle ;A:

i think we might use the camera on the phone for htem ini mickey game

I would be surprised if that wasn't the case. The phone has a little aperture on the back, so...what else if not a photo mode? GIVE ME DORKY SELFIE MODE, NOMURA.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Before we found out that Sora, Woody, and the gang seem to be in the copy world, I was thinking that the other world could be like a Bizarro world that leads back to Sid’s house instead of Andy’s. They might still have something akin to that depending what the nature of this world split ends up being.

But personally, I’m rooting for Slinkynort as the final boss. xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't know how or why a Zurg fight unless Young Master Xehanort is controlling him and even that's a stretch just for the sake of him

Why? Why do we fight a creepy giant Lolita doll? Why do we fight bouncy possessed toys? Why can we play with rock'em sock'em robots? Why do we do anything?

Fighting Zurg could just be a fun boss battle against a possessed Zurg as a silly Star Wars reference. Like Xehanort is the Emperor, Zurg is Darth Vader, Buzz is Luke. Like in the movie, but it can be even closer to replicating Episode 6.

Open your mind, man. Open it to the possibilities~

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Why? Why do we fight a creepy giant Lolita doll? Why do we fight bouncy possessed toys? Why can we play with rock'em sock'em robots? Why do we do anything?

Fighting Zurg could just be a fun boss battle against a possessed Zurg as a silly Star Wars reference. Like Xehanort is the Emperor, Zurg is Darth Vader, Buzz is Luke. Like in the movie, but it can be even closer to replicating Episode 6.

Open your mind, man. Open it to the possibilities~
My mind is open but I know what the cycle if it's not the boss people want or has Frollo not being a boss still the thing most won't stop bringing up it as well as no CLU fight?

We don't know if that doll is the final boss of Toy Bpx, we only know the UFO and Doll that attendees saw, that's it and I'm sure that doll probably happens before the UFO

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Before we found out that Sora, Woody, and the gang seem to be in the copy world, I was thinking that the other world could be like a Bizarro world that leads back to Sid’s house instead of Andy’s. They might still have something akin to that depending what the nature of this world split ends up being.

Oh god Slinky would be a nightmare to animate

My mind is open but I know what the cycle if it's not the boss people want or has Frollo not being a boss still the thing most won't stop bringing up it as well as no CLU fight?

We don't know if that doll is the final boss of Toy Bpx, we only know the UFO and Doll that attendees saw, that's it and I'm sure that doll probably happens before the UFO

What? Zurg is totally a fight people want. I think people would be more upset if Zurg appeared in KH3 and he wasn't a mini-boss for the fun of it.

I played the game in May and fought against the doll and wrote the impressions for it. It is obviously not the final boss. What we got to play in May was 30% of the world's contents, and the doll is just a possessed toy like the rest in this split world. You don't need to tell me anything about that.

Since that is a revealed enemy, it clearly isn't the boss anyways.

Aramagon

Awards
So this means the giant UFO's not the final boss of Toy Story? Whaaaat? It really did seem like an end of a world boss fight.

Please be Zurg!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Another idea that I wanted to put out there:

When it comes to bosses in KH, previous titles typically had the one major final boss per Disney world while the rest were minibosses that usually weren’t near as challenging. But with the worlds being as lengthy and expansive as they are now, what if some mid-level bosses are pretty much on par with final bosses in previous games?

For example, Vic the Visitor (the name of the Galaxy Toys UFO) could be the major boss at the halfway point of Toy Box. After beating him, we’d get Infinity Badge and the world’s enemies would level up like if we had moved on to another world in previous games. From there, the story would refocus on Young Xehanort’s goals and reuniting with the rest of the toys in the other version of Toy Box.

Olympus could see a similar structure with Rock Titan being the halfway point at the end of Sora’s training and then Hades would become a more active threat after that point. That’d be a good way to draw a line between the tutorial portion of Olympus and the more standard portion.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Olympus:

Dj9l5B_VAAALlPB.jpg

Toy Box:

40018654_1911246565562729_3268313053891919872_n.jpg

Let's hope there's a reward for finding them all :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wonder if things like the Mickey clock in Andy’s room would count?
That clock was in the original films so it's less of a Kingdom Hearts Easter Egg, and is not a Hidden Mickey in any way (they are Mickey Mouse heads inserted randomly in the background or scenery, like the examples above).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I know you're joking, but something I've been mulling over recently is what if the strain caused by splitting everyone between the real and copy world causes the toys to go crazy?

And not to do with boss battles, but I also wondered if being apart from humans for too long would cause the toys to stop functioning. Imagine finding Rex only to realize he essentially died, and the others slowly become lifeless as well.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
That clock was in the original films so it's less of a Kingdom Hearts Easter Egg, and is not a Hidden Mickey in any way (they are Mickey Mouse heads inserted randomly in the background or scenery, like the examples above).

Actually, (I hate pulling this card but) speaking as a former Disney cast member, Hidden Mickeys can be seen under a much broader scope than just the standard Mickey Mouse heads. It’s a loose concept. Some fans only consider the head and ears to be a true Hidden Mickey while others consider any reference to Mickey and even his pals to be Hidden Mickeys. For example, if you take a Keys to the Kingdom tour at Magic Kingdom, the tour guide will usually tell you that three canoes on Jungle Cruise featuring the visages of Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are Hidden Mickeys.

In this case, it will depend on how the developers choose to define it, but I could see them sticking to the three circle head for simplicity’s sake. The Easter eggs like the clock and the Monster’s Inc sketch could even be their own separate objective.

I know you're joking, but something I've been mulling over recently is what if the strain caused by splitting everyone between the real and copy world causes the toys to go crazy?

And not to do with boss battles, but I also wondered if being apart from humans for too long would cause the toys to stop functioning. Imagine finding Rex only to realize he essentially died, and the others slowly become lifeless as well.

I could definitely see something where Andy gets sad without Woody and Buzz, which causes him to stop playing with the other toys resulting in something like that. It might be a bit dark, but the Toy Story movies themselves get pretty bleak too.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Actually, speaking as a former Disney cast member, Hidden Mickeys can be seen under a much broader scope than just the standard Mickey Mouse heads. It’s a loose concept. Some fans only consider the head and ears to be a true Hidden Mickey while others consider any reference to Mickey and even his pals to be Hidden Mickeys. For example, if you take a Keys to the Kingdom tour at Magic Kingdom, the tour guide will usually tell you that three canoes featuring the visages of Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are Hidden Mickeys.

In this case, it will depend on how the developers choose to define it, but I could see them sticking to the three circle head for simplicity’s sake. The Easter eggs like the clock and the Monster’s Inc sketch could even be their own separate objective.
That's how the devs have done the Hidden Mickey's for the games in the past and that's what I've been basing this one, regardless of how things are done at Disneyland.

There have been a few Hidden Mickey's in the past, but nothing truly special or potentially having players track them down, which is why they're now pointing them out.

But with the examples shown before, it's clear that the Hidden Mickeys the devs have put in are not the same as those Easter Eggs you've mentioned.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
That's how the devs have done the Hidden Mickey's for the games in the past and that's what I've been basing this one, regardless of how things are done at Disneyland.

There have been a few Hidden Mickey's in the past, but nothing truly special or potentially having players track them down, which is why they're now pointing them out.

But with the examples shown before, it's clear that the Hidden Mickeys the devs have put in are not the same as those Easter Eggs you've mentioned.

Even though there were a few in previous games, as you said, there wasn’t a point to them. Now there is and they will likely be looking for a multitude of creative ways to implement them. That could mean going beyond the three circle Mickey head or not. Who knows at this point?

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm definitely here for the Hidden Mickey's. That's actually a really clever way to implement something Trinity/Puzzle-Piece-esque, considering people always look for hidden Mickey's throughout Disney movies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Who knows at this point?
That's the thing, I'm basing it off what we currently know and, from my understanding, you're basing it off what other parts of Disney do.

I mean, to me there are two things we know about this:

1) Two Hidden Mickey's in two different worlds are just the basic three circles, therefore the chance of those being the type of Hidden Mickey's in the game is increased above any other.

2) The Mickey Mouse clock is an Easter Egg from the Toy Story films and had to be imported into Kingdom Hearts III, therefore I do not feel like it is an organic reference for Kingdom Hearts to claim and as such I can't count it as anything more than a Toy Story Easter Egg.

It feels to me they are taking inspiration for how the Hidden Mickey's were done in most films, which was enough to prompt a DVD bonus feature of finding them (the last one is Mickey Mouse, but he is in silhouette and therefore his features match the same Hidden Mickey's as before):

[video=youtube;Ti4L9d9pn5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti4L9d9pn5U[/video]

They could take on inspiration for how it is done at the Parks, since we do have attractions, and I'm just going off what we know and what we have seen. But yeah, we're just going to go around in circles on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back