• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► RUMOR: Sora on Meow Wow Funko POP! Rides & Sora with Blasters coming to GameStop

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Funko POP News has shared on their Twitter that a brand new Funko POP! Rides vinyl figure is headed out way featuring Sora riding on the back of Meow Wow. 

(Pictured is just an example of what Sora looks like when he is riding on Meow Wow)

Other incoming POP figures include Kindom Hearts 3 Sora with Blasters—which will also be a GameStop exclusive, Donald Monster Form, Goofy Monster Form, Sora Monster Form, Vanitas, Riku, Mickey, and Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix Sora in his Christmas Town outfit

Right now, fans can currently pre-order the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3 Sora and Soldier Heartless POP figures.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union X[cross], Kingdom Hearts III, and all things related to Kingdom Hearts

TheZX

Awards
Re: RUMOR: Sora on Meow Wow Funko POP! Rides & Sora with Blasters coming to GameStop

I'm tired of funko shizz. I want a regular figure for this!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Re: RUMOR: Sora on Meow Wow Funko POP! Rides & Sora with Blasters coming to GameStop

To echo TheZX, that would actually be pretty cool. Akin to Cloud on the Fenrir bike, I'd be more than willing to see a PAK of Sora on an oversized Meow Wow!

But alas, the Rides line is always more interesting. It'll be the first Funko POP! I'll be looking out for.

FangirlfromHell

Awards

Six Curse It!

I do not want another Mickey Pop. I am low-key furious that Vanitas is getting one. Of ALL the villains, Ansem or even Master Xehanort should have been given one first (I expected Xemnas since almost EVERY figure has been exclusively KH2 but we didn't get him). I get it KH3 is just around the corner, but EVERYTHING has been KH2 with Funko up to this point. GIVE BIRTH BY SLEEP and the ORGANIZATION SOME TIME IN THE SUN FUNKO!

I'm not trying to piss anyone off but seriously. I get that Sora is the primary character but it is ridiculous to keep using him when there is this plethora of other characters available to use. I can't be the only one sick of almost nothing but Sora merch right?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Six Curse It!

I do not want another Mickey Pop. I am low-key furious that Vanitas is getting one. Of ALL the villains, Ansem or even Master Xehanort should have been given one first (I expected Xemnas since almost EVERY figure has been exclusively KH2 but we didn't get him). I get it KH3 is just around the corner, but EVERYTHING has been KH2 with Funko up to this point. GIVE BIRTH BY SLEEP and the ORGANIZATION SOME TIME IN THE SUN FUNKO!

I'm not trying to piss anyone off but seriously. I get that Sora is the primary character but it is ridiculous to keep using him when there is this plethora of other characters available to use. I can't be the only one sick of almost nothing but Sora merch right?

I actually excuse this specific case since the Monster Form merch goes in tandem with Vanitas being the Darkness of that world. If they were focusing on Toy Forms, I would expect YX surely.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm pretty certain they are doing more KH pops with the intention to try and cover a good number of characters after KH3 releases.

Also keep in mind it is cheaper for them to work with existing molds with Sora, which is why we've gotten so many of them at the moment.

All I ask is for Dark Riku, Hooded Riku, Kairi, Namine, and Aqua x 3 (Aqua, Dark Aqua, and whatever Aqua will look like once she isn't evil)

Awards

I'm torn between being happy with all these Sora Pops, but at the same time, crying for my wallet. I want Sora in every form that he has from Drive forms to those World change form like Lion Sora and Merman Sora to his KH/KH3/KH3D forms. I'll be poor by the end of all this.

I want to see other characters too like Roxas, Ventus, Aqua, Riku(all forms), Kairi(all forms), and Xion.

mytomxxx

wooo will be so cutee :redface:

shady543

Awards

Ugh its tempting especially since I adore meow wow and its cute as diddly. But I have too many as it is and I already have Halloween Town Sora, and I've decided my last two pops will be for Spyro and Sparx, Iron Spider and Vanitas (Roxas would be preferable at this stage but it's like the only merch of Vani we've ever got so far lol). ;_____;

Six Curse It!

I've got to agree here except for the Vanitas part because I'm completely fine and happy with him having one, although it was unexpected, due to him being my second favourite character at the moment lol. I remember someone saying that he was used in order to complete the Monsters Inc line so maybe he was made so Monster Sora could be in a duo pack or something while monster Donald and monster Goofy will be put in a duo, and then a trio pack with Monster Sora, Donald and Goofy (hopefully he would be sold on his own too tho).

I do still find it surprising that we haven't seen characters like Roxas, Lea/Axel and Aqua yet since they're fan favourites and major characters, and funko do also release pops based on fan popularity and memes (the fact that Derpy and the DJ Pony got ones over Rarity and Applejack will forever annoy me), but I'm guessing we may get them in the future after KH3's release when characters that aren't Riku or Vanitas have actually had some spotlight, unless they decide using more Mickey, Sora, Donald and Goofy is more important. >.>

Neo_

Awards

I'm tired of funko shizz. I want a regular figure for this!
Right?! I hate Funko Pops with a burning passion; I got their Disney Afternoon figures... they are amazing! I don't like chibi shit to begin with, but the pupil-less eyes are so ridiculous that I don't get how these are a phenomenon; I wish they would run their course like Beanie Babies or Furbies (which were fine), but these won't go away!

It's a total shame because Funko is totally capable of making an amazing (eons better than Diamond Select) action figure line.

Like the pupils are one of the most important parts of giving a face soul and identity; what's next? Removing the mouths?

shady543

Awards

The funko pop ones that don't have the eyes actually look pretty nice imo. My Protoman one is my favourite currently because of this reason and characters like Spiderman, especially the iron spider, look super nice to me. The Heartless ones came out super nice too because their eyes are like round dots to being with lol. I imagine Vanitas with a helmet would look super neat since he wouldn't have the black eyes, if going by what they did with Protoman. Unless they surprise us and it's his design from BBS but I doubt it as much as I would want that. >.>

They're also collectibles that are actually affordable I guess. I'd love a nendoroid collection but they're far to expensive. This is my alternative and I've never been a fan of action figures and prefer badges and keychains lol.

Last edited:

Neo_

Awards

^ This is what I'm saying.

shady543

Awards

I actually don't think the KH ones came out that bad other than Riku and Kairi. Animal characters tend to suit the eyes more and Sora doesn't look to bad ether to me lol. I can imagine the meow wow one will look pretty good since meow wow would be fine with the eyes. >.>

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Definitely getting all of these. I'll forever be pissed that the TRON and Monsters, Inc. variants were/will be easily attainable, but D&G's best forms--Halloween Town--were nigh impossible exclusives.

They're also collectibles that are actually affordable I guess. I'd love a nendoroid collection but they're far to expensive. This is my alternative and I've never been a fan of action figures and prefer badges and keychains lol.
Speaking for myself, I buy Funko because I like the style (minis almost like Hello, Kitty), not because they're affordable. *shrug* I wouldn't buy nendoroids even if they were 50 cents because they're fugly. I actually haven't bought any other merchandise for KH outside a couple of keychains/necklaces. Usually I'll buy figurines that are made of better things than plastic.

For what it's worth, only animated characters really work as pops to me. Pops based on real life people don't really stand out unless they have a very distinctive look, whereas animated characters almost always have vibrant colors for their clothes/hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back