• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► GNN: Saving Aqua, Seven Hearts, Summary Movie releasing this month

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

GNN, a Taiwanese animation and games community website, had the opportunity to interview Tetsuya Nomura about KINGDOM HEARTS 3 at E3 2018. This is part of the same roundtable interview that other sites have participated in, so we have isolated the information that has not been repeated elsewhere.

They asked Nomura about Aqua's appearance in the E3 trailers, and if the other two protagonists from Birth by Sleep would also appear. He answered saying that almost all major characters that have appeared in the last 15 years will appear in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Fans were distraught after learning that Aqua had fallen into darkness. While he can't disclose any spoilers, it doesn't mean she cannot be saved. Everyone will just need to try their best when the time finally comes.

GNN also inquired about how many original worlds there are. As seen in previous titles, original worlds are divided into two categories: "where the player can go" and "where the player cannot go". For example, the scene where Axel talks to Kairi takes place in a location that players cannot access. There are also areas that only appear once in the entire game, so there are plenty of new environments to look forward to.

In previous titles, the Seven Princesses of Heart were a key element in the storyline. The latest trailers made no clear indication of gender with the new Seven Hearts, but Nomura clarified that after much consideration, they have decided to not include any men among them.

Finally, regarding the issue of new players having difficulty in understanding the story (previously reported by Mobile01), the team has been preparing a movie that will summarize the story thus far, in order to provide players with a crash course in everything they need to know for Kingdom Hearts 3. The Japanese version has already been recorded, so the movie will probably be released sometime this month. It will be available both on the official website and in the game when it releases. Because so much has happened throughout the series, even this summary may end up quite long.

Source: GNN 

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Okay so we can rule out any boys among the new hearts of pure light. Though I wish he elaborated a bit more on why decided to have new ones in the first place, lol

kingsoraful

Awards
This confirms that whatever they are, they're gonna be incorporated with the new worlds. So think of females with pure hearts whether as leads or supporting parts in a world.

Thiose would bbe your best bebt at the last 2.

I think Tiana is a sure bet now. I do still think The Jungle Book has a good shot at KH3. Though I think Atlantis and Brave are possibilities as well.

It could also be a curve ball and we can get soemthing like Robin Hood with Maid Marian.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
This confirms that whatever they are, they're gonna be incorporated with the new worlds. So think of females with pure hearts whether as leads or supporting parts in a world.

Thiose would bbe your best bebt at the last 2.

I think Tiana is a sure bet now. I do still think The Jungle Book has a good shot at KH3. Though I think Atlantis and Brave are possibilities as well.

There is also possible canidates in San Fransokyo. The female members Honey Lemon and Gogo Tomago

kingsoraful

Awards
There is also possible canidates in San Fransokyo. The female members Honey Lemon and Gogo Tomago

I wouldn't define either of those as pure hearts.

I consider people like Tiana, Merida, Kida, Maid Marian, and Shanti(The Jungle Book) pure hearts.

There's still hope for TJB. It has to get in, every world Nomura has x'ed out in the past has gotten in. This is the only one left.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I wouldn't define either of those as pure hearts.

I consider people like Tiana, Merida, Kida, Maid Marian, and Shanti(The Jungle Book) pure hearts.

There's still hope for TJB. It has to get in, every world Nomura has x'ed out in the past has gotten in. This is the only one left.

Yeah but PoH isn't just limited to royalty or official Disney princesses. Kairi and Alice are proof of that. Really the new ones could be any possible female character.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah but PoH isn't just limited to royalty or official Disney princesses. Kairi and Alice are proof of that. Really the new ones could be any possible female character.

He didn't speak about royalty or official Disney Princesses, but about the fact that he doesn't consider the hearts of these girls pure enough.

TbH I'm a tiny little bit bummed that they're yet again completely excluding boys from being possible candidates as if it is impossible for a male to have a fully pure heart by natural means.

---

Also this supposed summarization movie may end up being several hours long?

Yikes, does that mean Lord of the Rings-esque length?
Well, hopefully it will clear up things better than Back Cover did *derp*

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Even as someone who knows the lore quite extensively, I am super hyped for this summary movie! Always cool to get the facts straight from the source and hearing how they explain it. And seeing that it may be several hours long, I would expect nothing less from this series haha.

robotman

Destiny Islands better be a place that we can actually visit. I bet it won't be though, Pirates of the Caribbean will count as the beach place.

Also... The 7 lights are still going to be all female... We'll have Rapunzel, Kairi, Elsa or Anna, Boo, and then now I'm lost for the last 3. That means that the last 2 Disney worlds would have to include female characters, therefore the last worlds have got to be Atlantis (Kida) and The Princess and the Frog (Tiana)... Or am I totally reaching? Haha!

Timpani

Website
disneydreamlights.tumblr.com
Not sure how I feel about the new Princesses but "seven hours long Kingdom Hearts summary movie" I'm interested. Like this sounds like it was made for me.

Anyways, hearing that they're going to be new princesses, I think our list might look something like:

1. Anna/Elsa
  2. Rapunzel
  3. Jessie
  4. Vanellope (because Ralph is here and Wreck-it Ralph is coming to KHUx which has so far exclusively been Princess of Heart worlds)
  5. Tiana (Because at this point Princess and the Frog is a gimme with the plot we know of.)
  6. Kida (Atlantis) is my wishful one here.

I think seven will probably be a KH original girl, though who it is depends on how the Ux characters are introduced because there are at least a few different characters from the series I could see having this role tbh.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I'm excited to see this official recap video. It was neccesary and I'm glad it'll be included in-game. And it's coming soon? I'll watch it every day until January 25th.

On the topic of having only women in the new 7, remember only Alice, Jasmine and kiiinda Belle had their films represented in KH1. I would not expect a chosen representative from every or even most worlds. And reps from movies not in the game aren't out of the realm of possibility.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
GNN also inquired about how many original worlds there are. As seen in previous titles, original worlds are divided into two categories: "where the player can go" and "where the player cannot go". For example, the scene where Axel talks to Kairi takes place in a location that players cannot access. There are also areas that only appear once in the entire game, so there are plenty of new environments to look forward to.

[video=youtube;SHoNWwhzh3M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M[/video]

The one piece of info I didn't want to hear. I hate when they do that, it was one of the things in KH II that pulled me out of the immersion real fast. It was okay when it was Disney Castle back in KH1, but somehow I fear here is going to be more frustrating than that.

ImVentus

Awards
TbH I'm a tiny little bit bummed that they're yet again completely excluding boys from being possible candidates as if it is impossible for a male to have a fully pure heart by natural means.

What tree is Nomura barking up? I want an equal inclusion of pure hearts. Damn you Nomura!
Bet his going to include that wee scottish brat.

Vasquez

Awards
Boo can't be a princess of heart?

I would hope that an original princess of heart would be a completely new character from an original world.

Awards
I am interested in dat summary movie. If it is several hours long, I'd better get some popcorn.

And about Aqua, SHE BETTER BE SAVED OR SO HELP ME BY THE SPIRIT OF MOTIVATION I WILL--*crash*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back