• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Mobile01: Star Wars & Marvel unlikely, Frozen and the Black Pearl

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

There's been plenty of news about KINGDOM HEARTS 3 coming out of E3 2018. The latest of this is an interview conducted by Mobile01, a Chinese social network website, and Series Director Tetsuya Nomura.

Players who are new to the series have many concerns about whether or not they will be able to jump right into this new installment. Of course, it's recommended to try and experience all of the previous titles firsthand, it may not be feasible for everyone. To help with this issue, Nomura confirms they are working on a video that will summarize the story in order to make Kingdom Hearts 3 more accessible. The Japanese version is almost complete, and more information will be announced soon.

He also addresses the question of whether or not Star Wars or Marvel properties could make an appearance in the series. After the inclusion of Toy Story, Monsters Inc. and the character of Remy from Ratatouille representing Pixar, many believed other properties from Disney's various acquisitions could make an appearance in the near future. However, as Star Wars and Marvel characters are not original Disney characters, including them may prove to be difficult and therefore unlikely.

Commenting on the long-awaited Frozen reveal, Nomura admitted he was quite cautious about adding someone as popular as Elsa. There are many expectations to live up to after all, and they want to do the character and the film justice. While Arendelle mainly features the story of the original film, they will take the opportunity to expand on the world within Kingdom Hearts 3.

In addition, in the recently released Pirates of the Caribbean trailer, players can spot that several modes of transportation will be available in the game. In particular with the Black Pearl, its primary function is as a vehicle to travel across the seas, and the pirate ship battle system is a special mechanic that is not always available.

Source: Mobile01

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Nomura: Star Wars and Avengers unlikely due to not being original Disney properties

Good. In my opininon. I guess Big Hero 6 should scratch that marvel itch. Plus, gummi ships have always been super star wars for me.

kingsoraful

Awards
Re: Nomura: Star Wars and Avengers unlikely due to not being original Disney properties

Worry not I'm very sure we will be seeing Star Wars and Marvel in the future of the franchise just not in KH3.

Seadrin

Awards

Great information, thanks!

Although it sounds as if Nomura didn't table the matter completely, it sounds like it would be safe to assume not seeing either Marvel or Star Wars, as to not be disappointed. Couldn't be happier with how this game looks so far either way!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

With its light vs darkness themes, I guess the series already has a bunch of Star Wars in it already.

ghostwarmen

Awards

This is great news to me! I don't really care if they show up in future installments, but for the end of this saga, just seems right to have original Disney properties.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Star Wars is too big. And KH has a lot of things that are inspired by Star Wars. It would be difficult to add that in without messing with the lore. Same with Marvel, espsically if you watched Infinity War. How would they add all that Thanos world killing plot that doesn't mess with what Xehanort or some other villian is doing? You would have to scale it down to just Earth but what section of the earth since the world of KH is separated, so you could only realistically do one Marvel character's perspective for that to make sense since Marvel characters live in many different places around the world.

Noruma made the right call.

notnow123487

Awards

What’s the third world?

UltimaXOmega

Extremely disappointing. Toy Story wasn't made by Disney and was added so the reasoning is confusing.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Welp, there goes my hope for Lesbian Icon Thor to be included somehow as a summon.

Extremely disappointing. Toy Story wasn't made by Disney and was added so the reasoning is confusing.

Tbf Disney and Pixar, while originally technically being separate companies (sorta?), were still pretty much always connected so it's not really the same.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

I'm glad they recognize a difference between PIXAR and Marvel/SW. While I personally would like it if even PIXAR was kept out of KH, I can at least endure those properties since they are animated films. Marvel/SW would further erode this series' identity.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Updated the OP with some more information from the article. Sorry guys, posted a bit prematurely!

Awards
In particular with the Black Pearl, its primary function is as a vehicle to travel across the seas, and the pirate ship battle system is a special mechanic that is not always available.

That's kind of a bummer, but I expected that the pirate ship battles are story initiated.

Would've been cool to just take the Black Pearl around and randomly encounter other pirate ships to fight with.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Looking forward to seeing what Nomura does with Elsa. Given that she is intended to be one of the new PoH she might have a larger role outside of her world.

Sdog

Awards
Honestly a bit relieving. Like many have said, BH6 does more than satisfy the hero department and if there were to need any more Incredibles is available. I love Star Wars but don't need in in KH any time soon.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
In addition, in the recently released Pirates of the Caribbean trailer, players can spot that several modes of transportation will be available in the game. In particular with the Black Pearl, its primary function is as a vehicle to travel across the seas, and the pirate ship battle system is a special mechanic that is not always available.
I thought this was one of the most interesting parts of the trailer, aside from the underwater gameplay. I love it, personally. I wonder if this kind of vehicular control might be something featured in another world yet to be revealed--maybe Atlantis's flying vehicles, spaceships in Stitch, or a Cruella battle in One Hundred and One Dalmatians for example?

UltimaXOmega

I'm glad they recognize a difference between PIXAR and Marvel/SW. While I personally would like it if even PIXAR was kept out of KH, I can at least endure those properties since they are animated films. Marvel/SW would further erode this series' identity.

So you're against Pirates of The Caribbean being a world and are for a Star Wars Rebels and Marvel cartoon worlds?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
To help with this issue, Nomura confirms they are working on a video that will summarize the story in order to make Kingdom Hearts 3 more accessible. The Japanese version is almost complete, and more information will be announced soon.
If he means the story of the entire series, oh boy. Many have tried, and many have failed. OTOH it'll be fun to see if Nomura can keep his own plot straight, and who knows, maybe we'll get some unexpected bits of clarification even though everything should really be comprehensible just from playing the games you know.

If he means summarizing the plot of KH3, good. That is needed as well.

I thought this was one of the most interesting parts of the trailer, aside from the underwater gameplay. I love it, personally. I wonder if this kind of vehicular control might be something featured in another world yet to be revealed--maybe Atlantis's flying vehicles, spaceships in Stitch, or a Cruella battle in One Hundred and One Dalmatians for example?
I agree. I'm ambivalent about PotC returning for reasons, but I do like that they're giving the world its own character and drastically altering the way the game will play for at least some portions of it. I think seeing Sora swim in the open ocean is the first time I've really felt that a world looked truly massive, even though others have obviously increased in scale from previous titles.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

That's flawed logic. Every Pixar movie since Toy Story was disttibuted by Buena Vista Pictures (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures). Unlike Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm, Disney always had a partnership with Pixar ever since it spun off as an indipendant company from Lucasfilm's Computer Graphics Division.

And besides, Disney held sequel rights and consumer products and interactive media rights for Pixar before they were vertically integrated into Walt Disney Studios. Nomura's reasoning makes sense from a legal perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back