• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

GAME Watch: Union X's link with KINGDOM HEARTS 3, PvP and Brand New Worlds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The KINGDOM HEARTS Fan Event at D23 Expo Japan 2018 didn't just cover KINGDOM HEARTS 3. Some new information regarding KINGDOM HEARTS Union X was also revealed.

Translations below thanks to Saken.

About “Kingdom Hearts Union Cross”, there were updates on its progress, as well as Nomura talking with fellow Staff about future developments.

Here’s an excerpt of what was said:

• They are planning Player vs Player contents to work like the current Colosseum. It will not be real time battles. Planned for release sometime in Spring
  • About linking Union Cross and Kingdom Hearts 3. They are planning to have something like if you play Union Cross, something special will occur in KH3 etc.
  • About the link with KH3 again, Nomura calls it “Project Xtrace”. KH3 and Union Cross will closely bind together. We will understand what this means this year.
  • Union Cross’ main scenario will henceforth rapidly develop.
  • Ventus is “that Ventus”. If you play KH3 then it will all connect.
  • Up until now, Union Cross has been using worlds that we have already visited in existing titles, however from here on out, the worlds that appear will be completely new, unseen before in previous games. At that point, the story will suddenly progress on and change, as will the playable content.
  • A collaboration with Final Fantasy Record Keeper was announced.

Additionally, players will also receive The King KHIII Ver [EX] as a login present to commemorate the event!

The King KHIII Ver [EX] [All Targets | 3 SP cost] For 1 turn: Increases Upright Attack by 1, Reverse Attack by 1, Power Attack by 7 and decreases enemy Power Defense by 3. Inflicts 2 hits that deals more damage with more HP

Source: GAME Watch

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: GAME Watch: Union X's link with KINGDOM HEARTS 3, PvP and Brand New Worlds

The greater link between Union Cross and KH3 may be having me want to punch something, but I'm excited that we'll be getting story at a much faster pace now and that all worlds from now on will be new.

I'm curious how the PvP will be handled, but what I'm most curious about is what do they mean "something special will occur in KH3" if we play UX? My first assumption is that things we do while playing UX will give us things in KH3, but how would that work?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i think once agrabah finsihes up then we either go back to min or we finish sleeping beauty

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Man, remember when first X wasn't going to be canon and then that with 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 one would have ALL the necessary info to go into KH III?
I'm not mad, I follow Ux and honestly if there was any doubt that Ux wouldn't effect KH III's plot they got thrown out the window after the last trailer.
I just wish Nomura, the team or even the whole SE to just... get their stuff together. Despite everything I'm still a fan, and it hurts seeing this headless chicken agenda over and over.

Negativity out of the way, I'm interested in the PvP. I hope it's something fun and won't just be a slaughterfest of whoever's not a VIP player.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

KHUX probably still makes some serious money so they want to keep it as the bridge between KHIII and the next title. The browser version lasted about three years and got less gameplay updates than the mobile version so maybe they really want to keep it around until then, the coverage even talks about several new worlds now. I hope we get an interview about this stuff soon.

Anyway, I'm not really excited about the possibility that you might have to seriously play Union Cross to unlock stuff in KHIII. That's an awful idea because I can't think about any of the game's content that is even more boring.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

PvP? That's...kinda weird somehow? I'm curious about the rewards, and I hope they don't go in a P2W direction too much.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I've added the details for The King KHIII Ver [EX] login present!

The King KHIII Ver [EX] [AOE, 3 SP] For 1 turn: Upright ATK+1, Reverse ATK+1, P ATK+7, enemy P DEF-3, inflicts 2 hits that deals more damage with more HP

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

That's an...interesting medal, I guess? I suppose I could actually use it on my Darkgnaw.

Narfi

I’m guessing that the connectivity between KHUχ and KH3 will be something along the lines of having your KHUχ character show up in Ventus flashback/dream cutscenes. Something like that would be a nice feature for a KHUχ player, but not really make a non-player feel like they were missing out on much besides the KHUχ story.

As for DLC, KH3 is looking to be ridiculously huge. Either they are going to have to raise the price to $80 or even higher, or they are going to have to find some other way to make more money on it.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards

*Hears KHUX is getting PvP*

Dear Gods please no...

*Reads "Will be similar to the Coliseum, not in Real Time"*

So...Like FEH's Arena? Face off against a preset keyblade build of another player? Okay, that might actually work out...heavy emphasis on "might," but it's not the worst case scenario I was thinking of. FEH's Arena is pretty fun so if they go that route it could work. Would have to be careful though.

All new worlds from this point forward? So...is UX going to finish the Enchated Dominion storyline? I kinda figured, based on posts here and around, that after Agrabah would be ED Finale, then we get the new worlds. If they're picking up the pace I hope Global gets included in that. Mainly so that Global gets spurred on to shotgun story updates out so that we catch up to JP and everyone can keep pace together.

KHUX and KHIII link, huh? Things are getting very interesting now. I assume this will explain all the Marluxia shenanigans.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I've added the details for The King KHIII Ver [EX] login present!

The King KHIII Ver [EX] [AOE, 3 SP] For 1 turn: Upright ATK+1, Reverse ATK+1, P ATK+7, enemy P DEF-3, inflicts 2 hits that deals more damage with more HP

Mickey's ready to high five us. :D

I hope we get a sexy Riku medal soon.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

About linking Union Cross and Kingdom Hearts 3 They are planning to have something like if you play Union Cross, something special will occur in KH3 etc.
Hopefully it'll be something that isn't so groundbreaking that it hurts the experience of those who don't play Union Cross.

About the link with KH3 again, Nomura calls it "Project Xtrace". KH3 and Union Cross will closely bind together. We will understand what this means this year.
Ahh so typical Nomura going with possible double meanings in your titles as "trace" can mean either leaving one to follow later or for someone else to trace a person or object.

Union Cross' main scenario will henceforth rapidly develop.

Thank you Nomura I'd really appreciate that as while I'm not playing it myself I'm still following the story development.

Ventus is "that Ventus". If you play KH3 then it will all connect.
Yea yea like always the cryptical vague Nomura answers encouraging the imagination I see.

Up until now, Union Cross has been using worlds that we have already visited in existing titles, however from here on out, the worlds that appear will be completely new, unseen before in previous games. At that point, the story will suddenly progress on and change, as will the playable content.
Heh, sounds intriguing, also gives a vibe towards the whole "building beyond KH3"-issue as well.

Man, remember when first X wasn't going to be canon and then that with 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 one would have ALL the necessary info to go into KH III?
I'm not mad, I follow Ux and honestly if there was any doubt that Ux wouldn't effect KH III's plot they got thrown out the window after the last trailer.
I just wish Nomura, the team or even the whole SE to just... get their stuff together. Despite everything I'm still a fan, and it hurts seeing this headless chicken agenda over and over.

Don't remind me.
Some part of me is still of the conviction that it would have been better if it had remained that way.
Blank Points, Re: Coded and DDD actually delivered enough material to successfully fill KH 3 with original/overaching story content by themselves.
The irony is that they original cooked up the remixes specifically to end the console spread and have it all available in one place, then went immediately to ruin that premise again by making X[chi] and all its semi-children/spawns very important if not even crucial to the further story.

Anyway, I'm not really excited about the possibility that you might have to seriously play Union Cross to unlock stuff in KHIII. That's an awful idea because I can't think about any of the game's content that is even more boring.

Full agreement on that one, it should definitely not be something that is totally game changing or needed to understand some important connection or decisions made by some characters.

I’m guessing that the connectivity between KHUχ and KH3 will be something along the lines of having your KHUχ character show up in Ventus flashback/dream cutscenes. Something like that would be a nice feature for a KHUχ player, but not really make a non-player feel like they were missing out on much besides the KHUχ story.

That would be an acceptable compromise I'd say.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

He raises BOTH Upright and Reverse power? Hm... I would have expected that more from Riku, first. =P

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Ahh so typical Nomura going with possible double meanings in your titles as "trace" can mean either leaving one to follow later or for someone else to trace a person or object.

To clarify though, Nomura made up a fake word so we went with Xtrace because it sounds like the type of spelling choice he'd make. For now, don't put too much worth in it xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

To clarify though, Nomura made up a fake word so we went with Xtrace because it sounds like the type of spelling choice he'd make. For now, don't put too much worth in it xD

Eh?
Well, that's even more typical for him. *derp*

Joveus

Ventus is "that" Ventus?

Does this support the idea that the events of Union X are being dreamed by modern day Ventus from within Castle Oblivion? Thus creating a Sleeping World that keeps looping, one that Maleficent entered at the end of browser X?

At the moment I'm still expecting that we'll enter this Unchained Daybreak Town and play through the original Keyblade War as Sora in order to wake Ven up.

Maybe.

Cobalt Gundam

Yeah well I got a problem I don't have Union X nor do I have a phone or Ipad so I can play Union X. And now that we have to play Union X so we have to get that huge bonus for KH3? that's just unfair. How can they expect me to get a bouns for KHIII when I don't have Union X to use with?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Up until now, Union Cross has been using worlds that we have already visited in existing titles, however from here on out, the worlds that appear will be completely new, unseen before in previous games. At that point, the story will suddenly progress on and change, as will the playable content.

I am so divided by this. Hear me out, I love that new worlds that couldn't make the cut to Kingdom Hearts III are in this game, but there's some Fairy Tale Disney properties that could have their potential tapped further for Union X.

• The Hunchback of Notre Dame could be represented better in Union X.
  • We could have met Honest John and Gideon in Pranksters Paradise.
  • We could have seen The Land of Dragons in Union X graphics.
  • We could have had a faithful adaptation of Peter Pan in Neverland.

Sure, we've yet to finish Enchanted Dominion, but I think that world's in a special situation where the real Maleficent intervenes in the happenings of that world. I'll just have to wait and see but I'm more anxious than anything at this point.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Meh. I haven't been playing UX lately since it got boring, but I guess this forces me to at least keep both accounts :l I've been keeping up with the story and all that, but was kinda hoping to drop it otherwise. Maybe it'll get interesting again. Man, keeping up with KH is such a fulltime commitment xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back