• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Monsters Inc Officially Confirmed for Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

After a leak in December 2017, Disney and Square Enix have officially confirmed that Monsters Inc will be a new world in Kingdom Hearts 3!

Revealed at the Kingdom Hearts Fan Event at D23 Expo, it also appears that Vanitas and Marluxia have been revealed alongside this world. The game's release is currently still scheduled for 2018.

Thanks to Aibo for the information!

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Finally some real news! After the half hour of memes this was needed.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
this movie owned my childhood, still owns my life and now owns this game, which i need in my life.

thank you based disney and thank you square enix.

Xagzan

Awards
Ok, so I think that officially confirms it once and for all. Sora did not regain his Chain of memories. No wonder he hasn't been in any hurry to thank Namine.

Marluxia and Vanitas confirmed as darknesses, which we all kind of expected. I just can't wait to see Larxene now.

Nice to see Rapunzel at last as well. Assuming Mandy Moore voices her, it'll be pretty funny to have her coming back to the franchise almost 2 decades later as a different character.

Man this game looks more awesome each new trailer. Like the souped up version of KH2 I always hoped it would be. Love the orchestral Vanitas arrangement.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Marluxia and Vanitas confirmed as darknesses, which we all kind of expected. I just can't wait to see Larxene now.

Vanitas definitely seems to be a Seeker of Darkness, however, Marluxia is questionable. He wasn't trying to intimidate or doubt Sora like the other Seeker of Darknesses did. Plus, his eyes were not yellow.

Sally-boiii

Awards
Vanitas definitely seems to be a Seeker of Darkness, however, Marluxia is questionable. He wasn't trying to intimidate or doubt Sora like the other Seeker of Darknesses did. Plus, his eyes were not yellow.

Which might imply he's a person again. That wouldn't explain why there are nobodies with scythes though.

Very interesting

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I hope this means we get a boss fight with Randall. Or, if they incorporate the University at all, a stealth fight with that huge terrifying librarian.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It's probably post that movie, there's balloons from the end of the movie so doubt Randall.

I mean Boo shouldn't be there either, its really up to them how they choose to incorporate the Disney content since its mostly made up. I still hope they are smart enough to include some iconic villain fights.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It's probably post that movie, there's balloons from the end of the movie so doubt Randall.

I really don't remember how the first movie ends to be honest. But if they could find a way to incorporate Randall into the plot I think it would be fun to fight him, with his invisibility powers and all.

I don't know, I just don't want to fight 5000 iterations of Xehanort the whole game.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I really don't remember how the first movie ends to be honest. But if they could find a way to incorporate Randall into the plot I think it would be fun to fight him, with his invisibility powers and all.

To you and Sora2016, you'll be disappointed because I don't want another rage cause no Frollo fight, five years of rage about that.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
To you and Sora2016, you'll be disappointed because I don't want another rage cause no Frollo fight, five years of rage about that.

Because it was a stupid decision lol, and it will also be for this game if they literally omit every Disney boss just to fight Xehanort or a Heartless. KH1 and 2 and BBS all did this just fine. Some worlds had more Disney bosses, some had less, but all of them literally had at least one. I don't know why DDD's trend of dropping that ball would just continue.

I suppose we already know the Rock Titan and I count the Dark Baymax as a Disney boss as well. So its not like we haven't seen any, either.

On the positive note compared to DDD, the actual Disney content we are getting is being treated with love, the party members look great. Unlike DDD where Riku is like "Hey Sam Flynn, lets go over there together!" And then Sam just disappeared into the aether until a cutscene lol. So at least this is already better at incorporating Disney into the gameplay again as it always should.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah I'd be upset myself if the presence of Organization members came at the cost of classic Disney villain bosses.

Even if it's post movie, they could easily bring back Randall. Have him find his way back into the monsters world and want vengence against Mike and Sully for leaving him to get beaten by hillbillies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think this world is as clean cut as other ones. I think we might be jumping into the world midway through the film's plot and the world will end just a bit past the ending of the film.

It would fit. They worry that SDG will see Boo, there are the helicopters chasing after them. I can easily see Randall and Mr. Waternoose being bosses early on. The screams and their negativity would have attracted the Unversed to the world and then once the truth is revealed and they switch to laughter (but for some reason don't send Boo home yet), Vanitas arrives and that is when it enters new plot territory and that will continue on for an extended duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back