• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► [RUMOR] Playable Riku and Fantasia in KINGDOM HEARTS 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

All big releases are accompanied by an onslaught of rumors and leaks, and KINGDOM HEARTS 3 is certainly no stranger to them. We've had screenshots of a world based on Monsters Inc., found in a FTP server that was supposedly used as a means of communication between Square Enix and an art contractor. PHI from SERGE, an underground DJ, also claimed to have been involved in remixing battle and area music for a specific world, although all trace of this has since been deleted.

This time, the rumor comes from the February 2018 issue of the Playstation Official Magazine - Australia. In a short preview for this long-awaited title, they state that KINGDOM HEARTS 3 will be split up between the perspectives of Sora and Riku, and features new worlds to visit inspired by Toy Story, Fantasia and Tangled. While it's been confirmed that the game will include another playable character, the identity of this individual has yet to be revealed. A Fantasia world has also not been announced.

Do you believe that Playstation Official Magazine - Australia accidentally leaked legitimate information? Although the previously released Dream Drop Distance already includes a Fantasia world (and coincidentally also features Riku as another playable character), a world based on Fantasia 2000, the follow-up to the original film, had been considered but didn't make the cut. Perhaps KINGDOM HEARTS 3 offers the perfect opportunity to include it. Or could this just be a misunderstanding that slipped through in editing?

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder if it means playing as Riku for a boss fight or 2 only or actually exploring worlds and seeing his perspective on the story.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm tired of rumors. Can it be February already?

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
You would expect official magazine publications would be accurate, but personally I did not want Riku to be playable. Kairi is pretty much the only main character we had not been able to control, and she needed the most growth.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
um okay the only world riku would be exploring would be the relam of darkness but the fantasia would make the kh15 picture sensesince there were a music note in on them and yeah sign i with you with these rumors is starting to piss me of now i hope they show the trailer for the public

i think it was a typo becuase it sounds like that they though 3d was part of kh3 and accidetly put in the kh3 stuff

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I was absolutely lucky to be in the middle of grocery shopping when I saw this edition of Playstation Magazine on sale. I gave it a flick, saw KH3, and immediately sent a pic to Sign.

It does feel reminiscent of Dream Drop Distance, but they might be confusing Fantastia with the Mysterious Tower? After all, the same location was used in both worlds. The Riku thing is out of the blue though.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I was absolutely lucky to be in the middle of grocery shopping when I saw this edition of Playstation Magazine on sale. I gave it a flick, saw KH3, and immediately sent a pic to Sign.

It does feel reminiscent of Dream Drop Distance, but they might be confusing Fantastia with the Mysterious Tower? After all, the same location was used in both worlds. The Riku thing is out of the blue though.
chaser do you think nomura or sqaure told them that riku is the second playable characther and if he is that sucks or it was a mistake

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
chaser do you think nomura or sqaure told them that riku is the second playable characther and if he is that sucks or it was a mistake
There was an interview between Playstation Magazine and Yosuke Matsuda, much like the one GamesTM had. They discussed Final Fantasy VII Remake and Tokyo RPG Factory, but no KH3 name drop there. It could be possible they talked about KH3 and he said Sora and Riku would be playable, but its more than likely the writer of that blurb didn't fact check what they thought was confirmed.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
There was an interview between Playstation Magazine and Yosuke Matsuda, much like the one GamesTM had. They discussed Final Fantasy VII Remake and Tokyo RPG Factory, but no KH3 name drop there. It could be possible they talked about KH3 and he said Sora and Riku would be playable, but its more than likely the writer of that blurb didn't fact check what they thought was confirmed.
yeah that would make sense thanks chaser for clearing that up

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
For some context, the magazine's theme this month is "100 games to look forward to over the next 12 months" which is why KH3 was put there. Bigger games get a feature, whereas other titles get a tiny blurb. For some reason The Last of Us Part 2 was put into this feature, with a two page spread despite not being confirmed for 2018.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
For some context, the magazine's theme this month is "100 games to look forward to over the next 12 months" which is why KH3 was put there. Bigger games get a feature, whereas other titles get a tiny blurb. For some reason The Last of Us Part 2 was put into this feature, with a two page spread despite not being confirmed for 2018.
you know what that piss me off chaser i get it a big really most antiampted game of 2018 is i all hear about when the game doesnt even have a year

UltimaXOmega

I'm still saying it was a screw up.
I never realized Mysterious Tower was from Fantasia either.

Awards

The Last of Us 2 will not be out this year lol I saw an article the other day saying the development have been a mess

edit: here's the article

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
you know what that piss me off chaser i get it a big really most antiampted game of 2018 is i all hear about when the game doesnt even have a year
Yeah it pisses me off too. There was a video I watched a few weeks ago where they talked about their most anticipated games of 2018 and they even went out of their way to make a point that they're only including games with confirmed 2018 releases. Then they put TLoU Part 2 in going "yeah yeah we know it doesn't have a date!"

With 100 games to cover in this issue, and more, I feel like actually putting a spread on a different game would have been good instead of giving that spot to an unconfirmed release. Same goes for FFVIIR though I think that might have been in a different topic, as there was a two page spread on FFIII.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
yeah, i'll take a grain of salt for this one. but if it is this to be real, i got two words: Firebird Suite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back