• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura: The Gummi Ship Will Return in Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

This afternoon Gameinformer spoke with Tetsuya Nomura, Series Director of Kingdom Hearts, about whether or not the Gummi Ship will return in Kingdom Hearts 3:

“In terms of the Gummi Ship making its return, I can confirm on that, but how it is or what has become of it, we’re not able to reveal it at this point,” Nomura said. “We ask you to stay tuned for more information.”

The ship, which has only been featured in Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2, made a very brief reappearance at the end of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue as Sora captained it towards Olympus Coliseum.

“The staff members on our development team always want to try something new, so even with previously introduced mechanics, they always try to make it their own or tweak it. Even if it is small or minor, we customize it so that it’s for Kingdom Hearts III.”

Square Enix unveiled a world based on Pixar's Toy Story for Kingdom Hearts 3 earlier today. The Gummi Ship was not shown off, but after viewing the mechanics for fighting using the Gigas, it seems that any changes to the Gummi Ship mini-games will be refeshing.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Oh god, please tell me this means missions. KH2's Gummi Missions were fanfuckingtastic and I really want that to return in KH3. Dropping in KH3D was fun as fuck, but it felt much more like KH1 Gummi traveling and thus was still inferior to KH2's.

But I'll be happy with some form of traveling gameplay, seeing as how only 3/4 main games have actually had it, therefore there is still that 1/4 of a chance that the Gummi Ship is just there for decoration like Keyblade Riding.

Antar

Awards
I was always hoping KH3 would have an off rails space like area to explore and travel through to get to different worlds. The KH2 Gummi ship missions were a huge step in the right direction! I will continue to dream until something is revealed.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm curious to see how the Gummi ship works in KH3. The way that Sora and the gang entered Andy's room was different from the usual teleportation.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
All I'm asking....

Is just go easy on the trophy requirements for the gummi ship, ok?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I like the Gummi Ship missions in both KH1 and KH2 so I'd like a nice hybrid or expansion of those. I enjoy the immersive feeling of battling through the space between worlds.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
All I'm asking....

Is just go easy on the trophy requirements for the gummi ship, ok?

Please. ;A; Not everybody is good at flying things.

I would rather be rewarded in-game for playing Gummi Ship missions rather than get trophies for it.

Booyakasha.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I would rather be rewarded in-game for playing Gummi Ship missions rather than get trophies for it.

Booyakasha.

Question: rewards that matters for other Gummi missions or for Sora's main journey?
For example, should we get a Keyblade for completing all Gummi missions, kinda like Divewing?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Open-world (galaxy?) Gummi ship flying. Because why not at the rate their going?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Open-world Gummi Ship flying would be a pretty interesting take, but I think it would be too massive of an idea. Maybe divide the open-world for every three worlds?

Antar

Awards
After seeing the night sky at the Mysterious Tower, I'm sure most would agree open world Gummi Ship segments would be verrrry intriguing ;)

samuels

it should return in kingdom hearts 3 for me honestly it was awesome i liked the gummiship in kingdom hearts 1 and 2 flying around the world map so yeah it should return for me i think but it could be different looking right about now i think too ya know but still bring it back on again yes please thank you

AleMustDie

Awards
The Gummiship in KH1 was frustrating. And I hate the Gummission.

I can't take the PS4 Platinum just for them.

Anyone shoot down the Gummishi* !!

Joking,
anyway, I would have prefer a mode fast or atleast fun to changing World....

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Wait, what if by "open-world", you could for a brief moment traverse through space in the Gummi Ship, and as you approach the world, you can travel through the sky of the world destroying enemy ships, and you can select to "drop" from some pre-determined locations?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I hope it's mostly like it worked in KH2. That was fun. I prefer it to Dive from 3D.

ac27

Glad to hear that. With all the improvements to the worlds, I'm hoping flying the gummi ship will be much more advanced.

f'tang

Open-world (galaxy?) Gummi ship flying. Because why not at the rate their going?

THIS

Imagine, you have to actually pick a star than fly to it to find a new world all the while enemy heartless ships attack you along the way.
idunno mite b neat

ac27

Open world galaxy would be awesome! Or at least some exploration. I feel like they can do a lot now with the gummi ship than in previous games. Really make it interesting rather than just transporting from point A to B.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Open-world reminds me of World of Final Fantasy airship travels. The only thing I wonder about is how warping would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back