• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer shows Xemnas, Maleficent and More

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix have lifted the silence on Kingdom Hearts 3 and delivered an epic trailer that gives fans a good look at Mount Olympus.

The trailer also showcased new shotlocks and limit commands, deepening the battle system that was first introduced in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue earlier this year. 

We also got a look at some of the story from the game, as it seems Maleficent and Pete have business with Hades in Olympus. We also saw some more gameplay against the Rock Titan battle, and Sora talking with Xemnas outside of Twilight Town's mansion.

Square Enix released a press release following the reveal of the trailer:

Earlier at the KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra –World Tour– concert in Los Angeles, SQUARE ENIX® and Disney Interactive dazzled fans with a new KINGDOM HEARTS III gameplay trailer featuring never before seen footage based on Disney’s animated hit, “Hercules,” which celebrates its 20th anniversary this year.

In this action-packed trailer, Sora, Donald Duck and Goofy help Hercules battle various forms of Heartless on Mount Olympus through gorgeous visuals and gameplay. Fans will see Sora in a new form, which allows him to perform special powerful solo and joint attacks on his enemies. A new glimpse into the game’s storyline reveals a reunion with Disney villains Hades, Maleficent and Pete as they discuss the location of a mysterious item while Sora is faced with a dilemma in an effort to bring back an old friend.

Another trailer that will debut a brand new world will be at D23 Expo on July 15th.

More information is expected to flow out of E3 soon so remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

notnow123487

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer shows Xemnas, Maleficent and more

They only showed Olympus? Oh boy.

edit: another trailer at d23 oh my god. Release date get hype moment brought to you by Gatorade incoming.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I LOVE THIS TRAILER AND THEY SHWOED DISNEY CHARACTERS HOLY FUCK

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

Not to be a downer or anything but i really don't like the look of the game,Xemnas and Ansem especially look off to me.

Muke

whatever
Awards

HADES LOOKS GOOD
MALEFICENT LOOKS GOOD
PETE LOOKS GOOD

GAMEPLAY IS SICK
3 PARTY MEMBERS
KH2 COMBOS
THE MAGIC
THE GRAPHICS

I LOVE IIIIIIIT

notnow123487

Awards

I can feel it. I can feel 2018, it's so polished. Get hype. Give me d23

ghostwarmen

Awards

This game looks SO FREAKING INCREDIBLE!!! This footage compared to two years ago is absolutely stunning!!! This has to be coming out soon, the work they are doing is phenomenal! SO HYPED!!!

EDIT: AND HADES, my favorite Disney villain of all time, he looks so beautiful! Good lord I'm having a hype attack.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

HOT DAMN.

Release is even closer than we thought I'm thinking. Could they be gearing up for a full marketing push?

Recon

Art of War
Awards

The game looks graphically stunning. The gameplay is so fast paced!

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

The characters look great, Hades and Pete in particular look very impressive. Maleficent's lighting isn't great, but her model's good!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, DRY SEASON IS OVER!

Beamer

Awards

Of course this would be the sort of thing that brings me back to the boards. :p

Some quick thoughts/questions:
  • Is that quote at the beginning of the trailer Sora's opening quote for this game? And does it seem to anybody else that it ties into KH1's Opening Quote somehow with the talk of dreams?
  • Why is Sora "diving" into Olympus?
  • The Kingdom Key is back!!!! I knew the starlight keyblade wasn't replacing it for good!
  • You can really tell that the "Kingdom Shader" They've been talking about is in effect during the scene between Hades, Pete, & Maleficent, they look like they came straight out of a Disney movie. The Scene with Xemnas though seems to use the default lighting shader that comes with Unreal Engine, so maybe it's still in development. I sure hope it doesn't stay like that, otherwise it's going to look like you're average fangame project.
  • They better be showing something new off at E3, otherwise they're really going to miss the window of promotion for this game...
  • Do we have rough translations yet?

All in all, it looks super cool! I love how Mt. Olympus is turning out! It's super gorgeous!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

HERCULES LOOKS SO GOOD TOO I MEAN HE'S IN THE BACKGROUND BUT BOY

DCBJHmdU0AEH7mU.jpg
DCBJHmpVwAEfoek.jpg

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Key's transformation is Second Form. I noticed that Magnet finish from KH2 is used with it, as well as Sonic Blade.

I am OBSESSING over the weather effects. Fuck, Olympus is going to be one hell of a ride.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

HERCULES LOOKS SO GOOD TOO I MEAN HE'S IN THE BACKGROUND BUT BOY

DCBJHmdU0AEH7mU.jpg
DCBJHmpVwAEfoek.jpg

Its so hard to tell what Party Members are doing lol, but yeah I was super hyped about Herc being a full party member. That and the way Hades looked made me most excited tbh ha.

Looked like KH2 outfit is a drive form now or something? Like Limit Form I'm guessing. I need to rewatch it...and I want translations.

Sonicfan2525

Awards

I FREAKING LOVED THAT TRAILER! The gameplay looks SO smooth and fast paced, and the character models for the Disney characters looks fantastic! Even if it technically isn't an E3 trailer, but I can't see anything else at the expo topping this for me. The fact that we are getting even more footage and information next month just made the whole thing even better! Now i'm even more excited for D23 than I already was!

notnow123487

Awards

If there wasn't another trailer next month, I would be concerned that they only showed Olympus. But oh man this game is massive. After four years, most of the gameplay we've seen is just from one world. I can't tell if having Disney voice overs done means anything as to the state of the game.

I my guess as to what happened is the plan was always to have this trailer theyve been working on for a long time at d23, but they knew there would be riots and concern if the game didn't show at e3 so they just cut and slapped together a bunch of gameplay from Olympus to tide the fans over for the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back