• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► D23 Expo Japan to be held February 10-12, 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

A magical event that takes place only once every other year, D23 Expo invites fans of all ages from all corners of the globe to join in the festivities. For three days, fans are invited to partake in all the magical experiences that Disney has to offer in the near future, such as sneak peaks at upcoming films, glimpses at spectacular attractions arriving at parks and resorts, and presentations by the the ones in charge of it all.

While D23 Expo will be held at the Anaheim Convention Center this summer from July 14~16, its Japanese counterpart, D23 Expo Japan, will be making its return to the Tokyo Disney Resort from February 10~12, 2018. 

Paul Candland, President of Walt Disney Asia and The Walt Disney Company (Japan), had this to say regarding the event:

“We heard from a lot of fans about how delighted they were with the D23 Expo Japan 2013 and 2015. D23 Expo Japan 2018 promises to be even more spectacular, 2018 marks The Walt Disney Company’s 95th anniversary and Mickey Mouse’s screen debut’s 90th anniversary. In Japan, it marks Tokyo Disney Resort’s 35th, Disney Channel’s 15th, and the Disney★JCB Card’s 10th. We’re very excited about being able to present this great event once again, and we know our guests will have an incredible experience during the three days we have planned for them.”

Considering all those reasons to celebrate, it's no wonder why it's taking place later than in previous years. But, there's one reason in particular that gives us cause for speculation, and that is KINGDOM HEARTS.

Let's recap. At D23 Expo Japan 2013, the Kingdom Hearts Limited Stage was held with Series Director Tetsuya Nomura and Producer Shinji Hashimoto, as well as voice actors Miyu Irino (Sora), Mamoru Miyano (Riku) and Kouki Uchiyama (Roxas). They discussed their experiences with the series over the past 11 years and answered questions submitted by fans. Most notably, they officially announced KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMix and revealed a new trailer for KINGDOM HEARTS III.

Following that, D23 Expo Japan 2015 arranged various messages from the main voice cast exclusively for the fans, discussed the latest developments in ongoing projects and showed off several clips from KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and KH3, 

With the curious timing of D23 Expo Japan 2018, is it possible there may be a surprise Kingdom Hearts-related announcement in store? 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union X[Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3, and all things Kingdom Hearts

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
this is intresing in a intview nomua stated he stated to do something for the 15 anniversary but now japan is next year i wonder if he will move it to the la one use the japan to promote kh3 for 2018 if it come out that year

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
this is intresing in a intview nomua stated he stated to do something for the 15 anniversary but now japan is next year i wonder if he will move it to the la one use the japan to promote kh3 for 2018 if it come out that year

They are literally giving away tickets to the Anaheim D23 Expo for buying 1.5 + 2.5. I don't think it is hard to guess they'll probably be celebrating the anniversary there.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
With the curious timing of D23 Expo Japan 2018, is it possible there may be a surprise Kingdom Hearts-related announcement in store?

I feel like it's already in the bag. Get hype.

Hirokey123

Awards
Must not get hyped....must also prepare popcorn in advanced, you can never have enough popcorn either because you'll want to watch the new KH news again and again. Or because the hype will collapse in on itself into a raging inferno which is always enjoyable.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
-tries not to get hyped--since we didn't get khiii news this winter, like we were promised, and since d23 the last few times haven't been that big of a deal for kh--but gets hyped, nonetheless.-

Someone hold me. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
???
D23 2013 Japan had a KH3 trailer. D23 2015 America revealed Big Hero 6. B23 2015 Japan had another trailer. Those are the last three recent D23's and they've been big deals for KH.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Chaser As happy as I was for the Big Hero 6 reveal (and I was; believe me. It's probably the world I could ever want the most in KHIII ^_^), I guess the thing I really remember from that event was that it was only concept art. Awesome concept art, but it kind of showed that KHIII wasn't that far along at the time. So it was a bit of a downer for that reason. Still great, though!

And I liked the Two Shoot Blaster being shown last time (and the graphics in that one in particular looked beautiful, and were a real step up from the KHIII trailers before it), but it wasn't something to write home about that much for me, personally. But I realize that that's on me, and that people probably feel differently about it.

D23 has been fine in the past. More than fine:) (Especially the one that first revealed Attaction Flow), but I guess I've just been expecting too much from them, and have gotten a bit disappointed for it. But once again, that's totally on me and no one else.

And really... I don't even know why I'm complaining, because this was all probably for the best--as I don't want to get spoiled for KHIII's story just yet. But I guess years of not caring about spoilers has made me used to wanting spoilers... even though in the back of my mind, I know that that's the opposite of what's good. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back