• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

JP Version of KINGDOM HEARTS Union X releasing March 23

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The Japanese version of KINGDOM HEARTS Union X [Cross] will be releasing on March 23, 2017. Along with this update, Maintenance is scheduled for 12:00 AM JST on the date, with more details to be announced later.

img

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X [Cross] is a renewal of Unchained X and will be receiving several large-scale updates, including:

• Multiplayer quests that allow players to form teams of 6 with their party members through matchmaking and fight powerful Heartless
  • Emotes and text bubbles to communicate with your team
  • Theater Mode

More information will be available at the time of release.

A pre-registration campaign is currently taking place, offering 5,000 jewels and 7 Sora & Roxas medals to all players if more than 50,000 people do so. Players will also gain access to special wallpapers for their mobile device from the official website if they pre-register. The campaign for the Japanese version has currently exceeded 40,000 players, so be sure to sign-up so in order to reap the rewards!

Those who prefer not to pre-register will still be able to play Union X. All items including avatar level, equipment, medals, cleared objectives will be transferred over, so you won't have to worry about losing progress.

The Global version of Union X is scheduled to release in April.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I'm not caught up in Unchained X yet, but are we even close to the end point of the keyblade war yet? Is this where Unchained X leaves off, just randomly switching to the post-war graveyard and restarting everything in a later time, or do you still go through all that happens at the end of X as well? Ugh, I'm confused. I should really catch up. I'm on quest 519, how much do I have left to do?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm not caught up in Unchained X yet, but are we even close to the end point of the keyblade war yet? Is this where Unchained X leaves off, just randomly switching to the post-war graveyard and restarting everything in a later time, or do you still go through all that happens at the end of X as well? Ugh, I'm confused. I should really catch up. I'm on quest 519, how much do I have left to do?

Basically, the divergence starts when Cinderella's world is introduced.

I really hope that the release of the game introduces the new Disney world! I've become so impatient for it.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Basically, the divergence starts when Cinderella's world is introduced.

I really hope that the release of the game introduces the new Disney world! I've become so impatient for it.

What is the divergence though? Is this the thing the secret ending of X was talking about, where they're trapped in a bubble in a land free from tragedy? So, they never experience the keyblade war?

EDIT: Wait, that CAN'T be the case, since Ephemer, Skuld, and Ventus all meet in the keyblade graveyard!

Pacrolash

I guess we won't get new story quests from start, maybe just some features
I can't imagine how they can pull it up without throwing all story quests left at once (We are like at least 3 months back from JP version with 15 quests at month released) or just introduce few main features and then just keep updating the game at that slow pace

Up: Ugh just woke up and read it better so i get it was not the thing you asked about sorry

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Well, if we're just 3 months behind JP Story-wise, then they could just hurl 45 Story Quests at us for the update and we'd be up to speed. I doubt they will, but it'd be the perfect opportunity to play catch-up, especially since there's bound to be a 0AP campaign during the expansion.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm not caught up in Unchained X yet, but are we even close to the end point of the keyblade war yet?

As far as I know not even JP Unchained X has "reached" the parts leading up to the Keyblade War yet (I dunno right now where exactly JP Unchained X is compared to the Browser version), those parts, including the confrontation with Aced at the fountain, Skuld's conversation with Gula, Ava and Luxu as well as the War itself are exclusive to Browser-Chi and with the slated great divergence it is probable they will remain that way.

---
What exactly the divergence is all about isn't yet clear but it certainly started with the inclusion of Castle of Dreams as that wasn't present in Browser-Chi.
Ventus appearing and joining up with Ephemer and Skuld is driving the divergence only further as nothing like this happened in the Browser-version and according to Nomura a total upheaval and thus departure from Browser Chi's plot is to happen, with these five being the keys that will be the catalyst of those changes.

Or tl;dr, regardless of where Unchained X's plot stands right now compared to Browser-Chi's, starting with Union Cross the story will not follow in Browser-Chis footsteps like Unchained X did for "Season 1" but move into entirely new waters.

It's very similar to the Rebuild of Evangelion movies actually as EVA 1.01 still kept most things pretty close to the first few episodes of the original TV series while EVA 2.22 already diverged to certain significant degrees from the "corresponding" episodes of the TV series (like introducing a new character that wasn't in the TV series at all, similar to Ventus here) and EVA 3.33 went totally off the rails in terms of plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back