• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► UPDATE: Utada's involvement in Kingdom Hearts 3 is still undetermined

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

UPDATE 12/22/2016: Utada Teruzane has amended his statement about Utada Hikaru's involvement in KINGDOM HEARTS 3, stating that they are eager to do it but the decision is not official as of yet.

Utada Teruzane, father and manager of Utada Hikaru, has confirmed that Utada is working on the theme song for KINGDOM HEARTS III on Twitter.

Back in 2013, Utada's father made a similar statement about her working on the theme for KINGDOM HEARTS III, but quickly went back on the statement.

For years fans have wondered if Utada would be making a return to the franchise since in an interview with JETANNY in 2009, Teruzane Utada said they rejected Disney's offer due to them paying little for the work that was being put into each song made for the KINGDOM HEARTS series.

In 2014, KINGDOM HEARTS series director Tetsuya Nomura illustrated a piece of artwork for Utada in commemoration of her cover album, including a message conveying his internal conflict about wanting to see Utada return to music and create a song for a specific "game". 

Utada Hikaru and Japanese producer and DJ PUNPEE worked on the Ray of Hope MIX versions of "Hikari" and "Simple & Clean" for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, releasing January 2017.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Bobjam

Awards
Re: Utada Teruzane confirms Utada Hikaru's involvement in Kingdom Hearts 3's theme song

Wow. Huge news, even if it was getting more obvious as time went on. This is going to make a lot of people Very happy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Utada Teruzane confirms Utada Hikaru's involvement in Kingdom Hearts 3's theme song

Utada's dad going back on it in 5 4 3 2

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

yes yes yes where that danial bryan meme come on guys get hype

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

tumblr_mp8cr9BY771qjcgkbo1_250.gif

FFxStrife

200.gif

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Wait wait really? Really really? That's amazing news if it really happens!

Muke

whatever
Awards

Whohooo! Very awesome and nice!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i wonder what kind of inserpation she will use for kh3?

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

Ah great.

I hope it can top the past two opening themes songs.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I think the inspiration for the new song will be hope. Sora will be saving a bunch of people in KH3. Therefore I'm expecting a positive and upbeat theme

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Utada Teruzane confirms Utada Hikaru's involvement in KINGDOM HEARTS 3's theme song

btw y'all I approve of many reaction gifs

But f you want to get a good idea of Utada's current style, go listen to Fantome!

Guernsey

Awards
Re: Utada Teruzane confirms Utada Hikaru's involvement in KINGDOM HEARTS 3's theme song

Do you think we will get a new theme that isn't "Hikari" and "Passion"? Inasmuch as I like those themes, I really want a new theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back