• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover is 80 minutes long!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

We are just over a month until Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue releases worldwide and there is plenty to learn about the game before it releases. Amazon Germany's listing for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue provides a detailed summary about the titles featured within the collection, revealing that full runtime for Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover will be 80 minutes

You can read the summary below:

Kingdom Hearts Back Cover X [chi] is a brand-new 80-minute HD movie, exploring the mysterious Unions of the Foretellers at the beginning of the Kingdom Hearts history and the events that led to the devastating Keyblade War. No fan of the series would like to miss this exciting story, as never-before-known background of the Kingdom Hearts Universe will be revealed.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Thanks to forum user Muke for the tip and translation! 

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts ? Back Cover is 80 minutes long!

I hope that Amazon didn't make this up based on what SE Germany posted, because the information they have are often..............let's just say vague.
80 minutes doesn't sound bad.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I hope that Amazon didn't make this up based on what SE Germany posted, because the information they have are often..............let's just say vague.
80 minutes doesn't sound bad.

If they lied, I'll just send a...kind email to SE Germany and Amazon c:

80 minutes or a 1 hour and 30 minutes. I mean this is more movie than Days and Re Coded movies and those were the cutscenes from the games

There are 60 minutes in an hour so 1h 20m.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

If they lied, I'll just send a...kind email to SE Germany and Amazon c:

Well, the amazon description does state that it's "the first time" players will be able to play as Aqua, so I'd take it with a grain of salt honestly.

Sonicfan2525

Awards

OMG my excitement for Back Cover just wen't up so much! This means that it really is going to be a full length film and not just a cutscene marathon! JANUARY PLS HURRY

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

80 minutes, huh.
I feel like we knew this already?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, the amazon description does state that it's "the first time" players will be able to play as Aqua, so I'd take it with a grain of salt honestly.

I took it as it meaning the first time as the main star, but I'm going to heed your warning! It is something that is easily corrected in the event it is wrong.

80 minutes, huh.
I feel like we knew this already?

We knew it was over an hour but they never gave a definitive runtime.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Now this makes me really happy:)

I was kind of worried when they said Back Cover was only an hour long at first. I felt like that was too short to tell the entire story of the Keyblade War and to tell it well.

But eighty minutes is close to the length of a Disney movie, so I have a lot of faith and can see it now.

And furthermore, an hour and twenty minutes is probably a good length to get things done without being overbearing with it (like the Days and Coded movies can be).

A good decision all around, I think. So God bless you for making it, Square Enix!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I took it as it meaning the first time as the main star, but I'm going to heed your warning! It is something that is easily corrected in the event it is wrong.

Yeah, sadly it really says people "take the roll of keyblade wielder Aqua for the first time".
I mean maybe it's only that part of information that's a little off. I guess there's a possibility that the rest is on point.

I'm also amazed how the article says that there's new stuff and new gameplay features in 3D. I mean, they don't say it like "there'll be three new dream eaters" or so. It sounds pretty rad, like there's actually quite some good new stuff in the game.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

well they did over a hour long and 80 mintues is close enough to that

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm also amazed how the article says that there's new stuff and new gameplay features in 3D. I mean, they don't say it like "there'll be three new dream eaters" or so. It sounds pretty rad, like there's actually quite some good new stuff in the game.

Well, we've yet to see what they've done to Flick Rush 8D

But I get you. It's just fluff to sell the product anyways.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Ohh wow sounds very exciting! 80 minutes is a lot longer than the previous two HD footage of Days/Re:coded.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

They better let me destroy everything with Flowbermeow and Meowjesty yet again or else.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I don't need Back Cover to be LotR or BvS length, but doesn't an hour and twenty minutes seem pretty... I dunno, whelming? Days as a movie was trash because it's not a movie, and Re:coded was better but still suffered from the same things that plagued the Days film.

I mean, I just dunno if I can believe an hour and twenty minutes is enough time for them to develop all these characters AND do the plot AND add new things AND have whatever mindfuckery ending that gets thrown in to connect it to 0.2 and KH3.

That being said... I'm still excited as diddly.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

I love that you said "whelmed" Lonbilly. Taking lessons from Robin, are you?:)

And I just realized this post is completely off topic. Ignore me.

...So how about that 80 minutes of Back Cover, huh? Skuld better be in it, that's all I have to say!:D

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

here a good comaperion to the orignal cinderella disney movie was 75 mintues

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

New gameplay features no doubt refer to the touch pad being used to play with Dream Eaters, and Reality Shift now being activated by the buttons.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

New gameplay features no doubt refer to the touch pad being used to play with Dream Eaters, and Reality Shift now being activated by the buttons.

Yeah, but they're also stating "Zusatzinhalte" (additional content)...but that might even be just some new dream eaters, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back