• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Summary from Sora KH3 Play Arts Kai

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Boxes of the Kingdom Hearts III Sora Play Arts Kai action figure have begun to surface which features a detailed summary of Sora's upcoming adventures in Kingdom Hearts III. The summary details the looming Keyblade War against the seven Guardians of Light versus the thirteen Seekers of Darkness and the search for the mysterious "Key to Return Hearts".

You can read the full summary below:

With the world under the control of a single Master, the final struggle for true peace begins.

Through countless adventures across many worlds in his long battle against the darkness, Sora, once a little boy who only dreamed worlds beyond his island even existed, has grown up to be a dashing young man. Now he is realizing that that battle has played out exactly as Master Xehanort had planned, and the second Keyblade War, the final struggle between light and dark, looms ahead. To counter the overwhelming darkness, Sora and his friends must gather the seven guardians of light. His best friend Riku and King Mickey seek out a battle-scarred Keyblade wielder, while Sora, Donald, and Goofy set off on a journey to find “the Key to Return Hearts.” Never-before-featured Disney worlds set the stage for another daring adventure to save the universe!

Chosen by the Keyblade, he is the one whose heart’s light never fails to shine as a beacon of hope.

Sora, the brave hero chosen by the Keyblade, has always had a strong sense of justice. Through his many battles against darkness, he has grown and learned about the world immensely. Drawn to his light, many friends have lent him their support and granted him their powers to counter the darkness: Riku, the childhood friend he grew up with on Destiny Islands; Donald and Goofy, the two comrades with whom he has shared his adventures from the very beginning; and King Mickey who unfailingly supports Sora with his own mighty strength. As the world becomes enveloped in another battle against darkness, the Keyblade wielder and his friends must rise up against Master Xehanort and thwart his plot to incite another Keyblade War.

The summary of Kingdom Hearts III also mentions Riku and Mickey are searching for a "battle-scarred Keyblade wielder". Could this mean Aqua? Let us know in the comments section on our forums!

Kingdom Hearts III Sora Play Arts Kai is out now in Japan and will release on January 30th 2017 in North America.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Source: ArikaMiz via Twitter

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
This possibly means that 0.2 might not end with Aqua getting rescued. Perhaps they'll leave that for KH3. I don't see us playing as Riku or Mickey in KH3, but a small, rescue scenario might be a possibility.

Hirokey123

Awards
On one hand I want to say it's Aqua but on another hand I feel like it's actually someone connected to chi. Also a smidge heart breaking that Kairi gets zero mention in Sora's list of close friends.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Okay, this isn't too much spoiler.
Idk, I'm not really excited for KH3 atm

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's an old summary, but with a lot more updated information so it is nice to see!

Also great to know that the Key to Return Hearts plot isn't gone. (what sucks is that we all know it isn't an actual key but probably the big realization Sora will have late-game lol so that mystery isn't hard to solve)

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
This possibly means that 0.2 might not end with Aqua getting rescued. Perhaps they'll leave that for KH3. I don't see us playing as Riku or Mickey in KH3, but a small, rescue scenario might be a possibility.
or they looking for aqua but dont know that sora already saved her and he know where she at

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Very nice! It isn't that much different from the initial plot summary we got when the game was announced, but I do like how descriptive it is. It makes me even more excited for all the promotional stuff we will probably get for the game after 2.8 is finally released.

Hirokey123

Awards
Does anyone find it weird how like tons of interviews mention the key to return hearts is like focus of Sora's quest...but there wasn't a single mention of it in any KH3 trailers?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Reading the summary was actually a good reminder of how far Sora has come since KH1. Defeating Xehanort once and for all truly is his final challenge

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
yeah proablly espically i have a feeling it might conneted to kairi and sora

I mean...you are talking to the wrong girl about Sora and Kairi rofl because I'd sooner turn this into a conversation about Sora and Riku with their fancy magical Keyblade between hearts with the paopu on the end.

So I will counter with a belief that it is either only Sora or a SRK thing because it would suck for anybody to get left out.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I personally feel that the "Battle scarred Keyblade Wielder" is Ephemer and the "Key to Return Hearts" is Skuld. Maybe Ephemer and Skuld are remembered in the legend of the Keyblade War as the "Battle scarred Keyblade Wielder" and "Key to Return Hearts" respectively. As Dandelions that are to survive beyond the Keyblade War, I feel as though they need to be found to prevent Xehanort's catastrophe from occurring again.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I mean...you are talking to the wrong girl about Sora and Kairi rofl because I'd sooner turn this into a conversation about Sora and Riku with their fancy magical Keyblade between hearts with the paopu on the end.

So I will counter with a belief that it is either only Sora or a SRK thing because it would suck for anybody to get left out.
yeah that true more i think all three all had that heart return back to them in some way whather it kairi who revie sora,sora who gave kairi her heart back or the friendship that sora and riku that bough riku back to the light

I personally feel that the "Battle scarred Keyblade Wielder" is Ephemer and the "Key to Return Hearts" is Skuld. Maybe Ephemer and Skuld are remembered in the legend of the Keyblade War as the "Battle scarred Keyblade Wielder" and "Key to Return Hearts" respectively. As Dandelions that are to survive beyond the Keyblade War, I feel as though they need to be found to prevent Xehanort's catastrophe from occurring again.
i see how ephemer fiys as battle scarred warrior but skuld as key to return hearts yeah you lost me

Griewer

Awards
Whoah this is all new to me. Where've I been for the last years? o_O
#hypeintensifies

Since chi was like really long ago it'd be truly weird if Ephemer or Skuld would return to the story. I'd say the battle-scarred keyblade wielder is probably Aqua mainly because both Yen Sid and Mickey knows about her and if they really need additional guardians, it'd be safe to consider her as a possible ally.

Hirokey123

Awards

I feel like pointing out that is actually probably a SRK keyblade. The middle part squished between their two blades is representative of Kairi's blade. The round smooth peach/woodish part is her blade's blade and then they keychain clearly comes from destiny's embrace. Being a blue instead of red weaved thread connected to a paopu fruit on the end. I always thought it was sweet because it shows even when they aren't thinking of her or with her she is still giving them a bit of strength, being the subtle glue that binds them together. Or at least that is how I always read it afterall there is no real reason I can see that an entire unrelated piece of blade would just spawn in it complete with destiny's embrace key chain instead of being a fusion of the keychains of the two blades summoned to make it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back