• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts II: The Novel Volume 1 to release June 2017!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yen Press announced a week ago that they would be publishing the final volume of the Kingdom Hearts II manga series by Shiro Amano in English next year, just in time for the 15th anniversary of the Kingdom Hearts series. Along with the final volume of the Kingdom Hearts II manga series, Yen Press will also be publishing the Kingdom Hearts II light novel series in English starting June 2017!

Kingdom Hearts II: The Novel Volume 1 by written Tomoco Kanemaki and illustrated by Shiro Amano will release on June 20th 2017 for $16 USD and be published under Yen On, Yen Press' light novel imprint. The first volume contains 288 pages and you can preorder the novel right now from Barnes & Noble and Amazon.

Also, don't forget to pick up a copy of Kingdom Hearts: The Novel, Chain of Memories: The Novel, and the Kingdom Hearts manga series by Shiro Amano!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Hirokey123

Awards
KH2 Novel! This makes us one step closer to getting the Days, BBS, and DDD novels and I REALLY want the BBS novel.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH2 Novel! This makes us one step closer to getting the Days, BBS, and DDD novels and I REALLY want the BBS novel.

Oh, definitely. The BBS ones had the most additional content out of any novel in the series. Shame about the lack of Amano illustrations, though...

Hirokey123

Awards
I just really want it because BBS was plot wise always the game with I felt the biggest lost story potential. It was incredible on paper but then the actual game script and pacing just killed it. I only got to read a few translated bits of it but it already was everything I wanted. Granted I'm not fond of the addition of Vanitas's backstory but hey I will trade that for a well written TAV any day of the week. You know it be great if like the novel writer was brought on board for the games. Nomura comes up with the plot and handles the big important scenes, and the novel writer handles pretty much everything else especially in terms of character interactions.

Quick question did Coded ever get a novel?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just really want it because BBS was plot wise always the game with I felt the biggest lost story potential. It was incredible on paper but then the actual game script and pacing just killed it. I only got to read a few translated bits of it but it already was everything I wanted. Granted I'm not fond of the addition of Vanitas's backstory but hey I will trade that for a well written TAV any day of the week. You know it be great if like the novel writer was brought on board for the games. Nomura comes up with the plot and handles the big important scenes, and the novel writer handles pretty much everything else especially in terms of character interactions.

Quick question did Coded ever get a novel?

Tomoco wrote Days with Daisuke Watanabe and Nomura so idk how you feel about that game.

Yes! Coded did have one novel!

Hirokey123

Awards
Tomoco wrote Days with Daisuke Watanabe and Nomura so idk how you feel about that game.

Yes! Coded did have one novel!

That is literally my favorite game script/story in the series so guess that just doubles that opinion that should be done more often. How was the coded novel? Like I'm a bit curious what you could write a novel about given it was so much more of a gameplay driven game than a story one.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There's a BBS novel? Where can i find it?

It is only in Japanese right now, and Goldpanner never got around to translating it in her free time so all you can find are summaries of it.

If you are cool with it being in Japanese, you can order copies of it from Amazon.co.jp!

So many things to look forward to. :'D
gotta buy 'em all... <_<

Yep. 2017 is the (expensive) year of KH sobsobsob

That is literally my favorite game script/story in the series so guess that just doubles that opinion that should be done more often. How was the coded novel? Like I'm a bit curious what you could write a novel about given it was so much more of a gameplay driven game than a story one.

That's great then! Personally my dream is for Shiro Amano, Tomoco Kanemaki, Jun Akiyama of KH1 & FFXII fame, and Masaru Oka to all be major players in KH3's scenario development. xD Amano for his humor, Tomoco for her ability to humanize characters, Akiyama for his ability to contain the madness and keep it all straight, and Oka because KH3D remains the one game in the series that hurt me besides BBS.

The coded novel is really short from what I understand. Not sure what was actually in it since I never bothered to check out any summaries of it xD

hlc1988

Awards
I'm glad this is finally getting a release!

I wonder how many novels they will have to release to get all of KH2 released in English... A shame they are not putting them all together in one novel.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm glad this is finally getting a release!

I wonder how many novels they will have to release to get all of KH2 released in English... A shame they are not putting them all together in one novel.

I believe there were four volumes of Kingdom Hearts 2, so if they combine two per volume, we should get two volumes. If not, then we are getting all four volumes. Considering the page count, though, I think we might be getting four volumes.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Yyyyeeeessss!

Yen Press / On has been on and off with their organization of the omnibuses. Days's manga was the only one serialized individually. KH2's last two volumes are disproportionate (the first two were two and a half volumes, Vol. 3 was two, and Vol. 4 will have three). Now KH2's novel releases may be individual, whereas the previous novels are not? I'm just wondering why out of curiousity.

In any case, praise be to Yen~

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yyyyeeeessss!

Yen Press / On has been on and off with their organization of the omnibuses. Days's manga was the only one serialized individually. KH2's last two volumes are disproportionate (the first two were two and a half volumes, Vol. 3 was two, and Vol. 4 will have three). Now KH2's novel may be individual? I'm just wondering why out of curiousity.

It does set off the OCD. xD

hlc1988

Awards
Yyyyeeeessss!

Yen Press / On has been on and off with their organization of the omnibuses. Days's manga was the only one serialized individually. KH2's last two volumes are disproportionate (the first two were two and a half volumes, Vol. 3 was two, and Vol. 4 will have three). Now KH2's novel releases may be individual, whereas the previous novels are not? I'm just wondering why out of curiousity.

Maybe because they will get more money that way! :p

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
I'm 97+% sure the two images posted on the OP are the first two of four covers of the novel, so my bet is we'll get two collected volumes.
If the page count is 288, then that fits with my KHI novel, which was also two volumes in one, and finished at 276 pages.
And the three volumed CoM novel ends at 400 pages. Divided by three that's about 133 pages per volume, compared to what would be 144 pages per KHII volume, I'd say it is a safe bet, that we get two collected volumes.

And I should probably pick up vol 3 of the KHII manga omnibuses as soon as I get the chance, I guess I missed its release.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm 97+% sure the two images posted on the OP are the first two of four covers of the novel, so my bet is we'll get two collected volumes.
If the page count is 288, then that fits with my KHI novel, which was also two volumes in one, and finished at 276 pages.
And the three volumed CoM novel ends at 400 pages. Divided by three that's about 133 pages per volume, compared to what would be 144 pages per KHII volume, I'd say it is a safe bet, that we get two collected volumes.

And I should probably pick up vol 3 of the KHII manga omnibuses as soon as I get the chance, I guess I missed its release.

Those were images I added to the OP to show what the novel covers looked like from the Japanese release. There is no artwork up for the novels by Yen Press as of yet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back