• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Tokyo Game Show 2016 Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Square Enix has released an extended trailer for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue from the 2016 PlayStation Press Conference in Japan featuring new footage from KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth By Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage-, KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] Back Cover, and KINGDOM HEARTS HD Dream Drop Distance!

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue will release January 12th 2017 in Japan.

This new release date was revealed during the 2016 PlayStation Press Conference in Japan, delayed from its previously announced December 2016 release window. 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts! Visit our forums to join the discussion!

Cactuar

^ This seems extremely likely. I wasn't really expecting 0.2 to get an opening tbh...

But omg I am in love with this version of Simple & Clean. I need a clean version of this song (without the trailer sounds and such) to jam to all day

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
From what I could gather, sounds like Aced was getting in Gula's face about the identity of the traitor, and Gula knows more than he's letting on

Luxu straight up tells Ira that the world can't be saved, but we knew that already.

I think the scene with MoM and Luxu is Luxu being given his mission (and the Keyblade?)

Vasquez

Awards
I'm interrested to see what happens with Luxuand the Master of foretellers.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I like this trailer, I've watched it like four times.
That first part with SRK. KAIRI IS IN THIS TRAILER.

But omg I am in love with this version of Simple & Clean. I need a clean version of this song (without the trailer sounds and such) to jam to all day
One true wish #31871: "Fantôme" Deluxe Edition bonus track. I mean c'mon it is so comeback worthy.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm lowkey convinced Chi and Aqua's story are gonna somehow also cross over. Chi features most of the Princesses' worlds, and now we know Aqua is pretty much going to at LEAST Cinderella's and Ho White's worlds. If we go to Enchanted Dominion, I'm 100% convinced we're gonna see some real Chi plot and familiar faces there.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I like this trailer, I've watched it like four times.
That first part with SRK. KAIRI IS IN THIS TRAILER.

One true wish #31871: "Fantôme" Deluxe Edition bonus track. I mean c'mon it is so comeback worthy.

Umm yes please! That would make me even more excited for her new album than I already am!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I'm lowkey convinced Chi and Aqua's story are gonna somehow also cross over. Chi features most of the Princesses' worlds, and now we know Aqua is pretty much going to at LEAST Cinderella's and Ho White's worlds. If we go to Enchanted Dominion, I'm 100% convinced we're gonna see some real Chi plot and familiar faces there.

Hmm, maybe there is a hint in the box art about this?
Boxart.jpg

This is gonna sound far fetched, but I find it interesting that there is no line dividing the Back Cover section and 0.2, and then Aqua and the Foretellers share the same sky(but it`s a bit brighter on the Foretellers side), maybe meaning that they are linked? Or it goes back to Kairi`s letter where it said that many worlds share the same sky.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
^That is actually quite curious, especially since we know S2 of Unchained will have an expansion on the story, and seeing as how S2 may be out around January (I'm guessing from what I've read in the Unchained threads), perhaps the idea of a link isn't actually that far off?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Hmm, maybe there is a hint in the box art about this?
Boxart.jpg

This is gonna sound far fetched, but I find it interesting that there is no line dividing the Back Cover section and 0.2, and then Aqua and the Foretellers share the same sky(but it`s a bit brighter on the Foretellers side), maybe meaning that they are linked? Or it goes back to Kairi`s letter where it said that many worlds share the same sky.

Speaking of the cover, I was told by more than one person that Donald and Goofy are not going to be featured in the cover despite me being 100% certain that they will. Boy, it feels good to be right! :biggrin:

I can't wait to see the dubbed version of the trailer to get released!

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
VEN IS SNOW-WHITE pfuahahaha

I AGREE
I cry at this
tearplz.gif

though I wouldn't want Aqua to be the Prince for both Ven and Terra smh
that makes Terra officially Cinderella
...............please don't mind this topic, let's focus on this blessing of a trailer

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
^That is actually quite curious, especially since we know S2 of Unchained will have an expansion on the story, and seeing as how S2 may be out around January (I'm guessing from what I've read in the Unchained threads), perhaps the idea of a link isn't actually that far off?

Yeah, if S2 indeed is in January they might want to get these two as close as they can, so you can follow the story nicely trough 0,2, Back Cover and the S2 of unchained.

Michael Mario

Poor diddlying Aqua... We already knew 0.2 was going to be nasty for her, but wow does come close to pushing her past the despair event horizon.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Poor diddlying Aqua... We already knew 0.2 was going to be nasty for her, but wow does come close to pushing her past the despair event horizon.

This is actually my favorite thing that the trailer showed us. It looks like we're finally going to get some real, solid character development. It is hard to tell from the little that we've seen, but I'm starting to suspect that the writing may have taken a step up.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'VE WATCHED THE TRAILER A GAZILLION TIMES ALREADY AND I WON'T STOP!!!!!!
SO MOM AND LUXU ARE BOTH COATIES AAAAH!!!
MY HEART BROKE SEEING VEN IN SNOW'S COFFIN BUT I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT IT EITHER!! VEN'S A PRETTY PRETTY PRINCESS!!
THIS TRAILER WAS EVERYTHING I WANTED!!!
I'M NOT EVEN ANNOYED BY THE DELAY I'M SO HAPPY!!

EDIT: Mickey still looks like a dead puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back