• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS First Breath Concert Impressions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

KINGDOM HEARTS Concert -First Breath- kicks off its Japan tour today at the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Theater Concert Hall, and fans worldwide coudl not be any more excited! Though the event will not be streamed, many attendees are excitedly posting their impressions and experiences throughout the day on social media. 

Doors open for the afternoon show at 13:00 JST, and the curtains rise at 14:00 JST. Updates are posted from newest to oldest.

Full credit for information and images go to the attendees below!

• "The concert came to an end. I couldn't stop the tears from falling. Since there were spoilers, I didn't want to write too much but there was an amazing two-person rendition. It's very clever. I didn't mean to cry." (via @aibo_ac7)
  • Yoko Shimomura taking a quick picture of the stage before showtime (via her Twitter)
  • View of the stage inside the concert hall as everyone begins to take their seats (via @jsjunshen)
  • Full list of goods available for purchase at the concert, includes both old favorites and exclusives (via @_kh_roxasora)
  • The setlist for the concert (via @jsjunshen)
  • Exclusive interview with Yoko Shimomura in the pamphlet (via @aibo_ac7)  
  • More images of the pamphlet; it's actually very well made and features information about the games as well (via @aibo_ac7)
  • Tetsuya Nomura has drawn a special piece of artwork featuring beloved characters from the franchise playing in the orchestra, with Sora as conductor (via @aibo_ac7
  • Attendees can purchase a wide variety of merchandise at the event, such as this exclusive pamphlet with artwork from KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi]'s anniversaries, by Tetsuya Nomura (via @aibo_ac7
  • Ryotaro Okiayu, voice of Terra, is at the concert hall! (via his Instagram)
  • Beautiful bouquets gifted to Composer Yoko Shimomura are on display in the concert hall, such as this one from Nintendo's Masahiro Sakurai (credit @sonzaisinaimono

Images
Full credit to sonzaisinaimonoaibo_ac7_kh_roxasora, Yoko Shimomura

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KAIRI'S HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL <3 AND A FLUTE!

Namine on clarinet makes sense. Wait? Is Xion on an oboe?

AQUA IS ON A diddlyING TUBA YOU GO YOU BADASS <3

Riku on sax. I think we all figured he'd be a saxophone guy. Jazzy <3

But conductor Sora is 100% yes <3

On fire?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Namine on clarinet makes sense.

On fire?
i meant confirm lol but fire look well lol

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards

Namine on clarinet makes sense. Wait? Is Xion on an oboe?

On fire?
Xion is playing an oboe, yeah, (kind of funny since that the oboe is Shimomura's favorite instrument and is often featured in her pieces while Xion is the character everyone forgot).

Lea also looks like he has shorter hair (and a scarf), pretty fitting that he's shown with a trumpet.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Xion is playing an oboe, yeah, (kind of funny since that oboes are Yoko's favorite instrument and are often featured in her pieces while Xion is the character everyone forgot).

Lea also looks like he has shorter hair (and a scarf), pretty fitting that he's shown with a trumpet.

Sadly he doesn't have a scarf on. He has a collared shirt, though Nomura's sketchy lines make the back of his shirt look like it is fanning out a bit.

I think Yoko really likes Xion. Xion does have the best themes in the series.

Edit: WAIT YOU ARE RIGHT! I didn't zoom in ;A; He has a scarf! Fancy <3

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Three of them are actually "new" pieces.

The Unknown, Power of the Darkness, and Journey of Kingdom Hearts, then whatever the encore piece is would be the fourth.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i hope encore is dearly beloved for kh3 or sometihng amazing

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"The concert came to an end. I couldn't stop the tears from falling. Since there were spoilers, I didn't want to write too much but there was an amazing two-person rendition. It's very clever. I didn't mean to cry." (via @aibo_ac7, translated by Zephyr)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The art is worth the money.

I need them.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Is it goofy that I burst into tears when I saw the artwork with all of the characters? Oh my gosh I am even shaking. For the longest of time I have wanted for Nomura to do something like this, and then he did. Gahhh, all of my friends from the past 13, in the same artwork.

Ooh, and new music too! o_o

Last edited:

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
I cleaned the artwork up a bit,,,
tumblr_obqi4jRgQ51u4jlmfo1_r1_1280.png

in case anyone's interested.
(inb4 higher-res version is released)

Ixza Reprisae

I don't understand Aibo's comment about not spoiling anything. It's a concert for goodness' sake, if attendees don't talk about it, no one else will know what happened. It makes no sense to me, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back