• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained ? Downloaded Over 2 Million Times Since NA Launch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
[b]KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ Downloaded Over 2 Million Times Since NA Launch[/b]

A month ago, North America was blessed to receive the long anticipated English version of KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ, a game which tells the stories of 5 Foretellers and the Keyblade Masters collecting the Light for them prior to the Keyblade War.

Square Enix released a press release today announcing that since it's launch on April 7th the app has been downloaded more than two million times! Until May 15th players can obtain outfits and medals based on the hit Disney film Zootopia, and this is just the start with many more events to come in the near future.

The Free-to-Play mobile game ties directly into Kingdom Hearts 3, and the mysteries behind the Foretellers and the Traitor amongst them will be revealed later this year when Kingdom Hearts II.8 HD Final Chapter Prologue releases exclusively on Playstation 4!

If you haven't yet downloaded KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ you can do so on the App Store for iPhone and on Google Play for Android devices

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And I was worried that nobody would want to play the game. Lol wondering how many of those two million are people who whined about KH3...

reimeille

Re: KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained X Downloaded Over 2 Million Times Since NA Launch

Not even suprised, this is awesome! It's been a gateway for a lot of fans to try a Kingdom Hearts game, since it's free and easily accessible. A few friends who "hated" Kingdom Hearts (read: "it sucks because its popular") changed their mind after playing KHX and seeing the style of the series. I also have acquiantances on Disney fan forums (who aren't gamers) that finally decided to try because playing a phone game is easier than chucking a few hundred for a PS3 they probably won't use again.

Maybe Square should bring some more KH mobile titles out here after all. Surely not always canon ones, but this game has done better than I thought at getting people into the series.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Whoa, 2 million downloads!? That is huge amount. Really glad to see that Unchained do this well, and I guess this shows that folks are still interested about Kingdom Hearts. Good, good.

*sees a Haise avatar, another TG fan o_O !? *

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The entire series has sold 21 million titles worldwide since 2002. In a month this game has been downloaded 2 million times. It's very impressive.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

The entire series has sold 21 million titles worldwide since 2002. In a month this game has been downloaded 2 million times. It's very impressive.

Especially considering that it's the United States market too where Kingdom Hearts is seldom publicly advertised. I suppose the fact that it's having the best reviews on the app stores and that it's the beginning of the series without the baggage of all the previous games means that newcomers can feel welcomed in the Kingdom Hearts experience in a more casual and unconventional manner than Unchained X.

Muke

whatever
Awards
That is so awesome!!

giphy.gif

LingeringVanitas

That's kind of crazy. I'm glad to see it. I didn't even realize there was that many fans considering not many people like it. I bring it up in conversations all the time when talking about rpg's and all it gets is insulted. The people like spit in my face technically when they insult it.
Is that amount only in the US or worldwide?....Because obviously the UK gets the NA version too. Oh does "re-downloading" count towards the final amount? lol What if people had issues had to uninstall it then download it again to reinstall it?....In fact I heard people having trouble with it before. So maybe the total amount is bigger than 2 million???

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The game being shut down later this year because everybody moved to Unchained X? I doubt they have any regrets.
cd348d44080e6347ec6a63cf1691a78a.jpg

---

But in all seriouness, I'm glad KHUx is getting lots and lots of attention. It deserves it. But if at least one million of those two million undergo micro-transactions then... IT PRINTS MONEY! xD

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
HOLY COW!!! 2 million downloads?!?! Nice! :D

Kagayaki

Awards
And I was worried that nobody would want to play the game. Lol wondering how many of those two million are people who whined about KH3...
Of course they would, it's Kingdom Freakin' Hearts! But it better not close like Chain Chronicle did. I had so many cards in that game, and I played it completely free, and now it's all gone, since February.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Is that amount only in the US or worldwide?....Because obviously the UK gets the NA version too. Oh does "re-downloading" count towards the final amount? lol What if people had issues had to uninstall it then download it again to reinstall it?....In fact I heard people having trouble with it before. So maybe the total amount is bigger than 2 million???
The count would be however many times that "GET" button was pressed on the respective App stores.

Sorakh212

Awards
Can't say I'm really all that surprised. It's a free and somewhat decent mobile game. I'm torn because on one hand it's interesting to see the Foreteller story and what all is leading up to the Keyblade War but on the other hand this app/game like many others falls into those classic annoying, tedious, cumbersome, F2P/mobile traps what with energy meters, limitations just about everywhere you turn, and of course somewhat pay to win -__- I wonder how many people are still playing and or actively playing at the moment. It's been off and on for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back